Women debate fat acceptance

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Women debate fat acceptance

Post by Dragon »

There's been an ongoing movement of "face acceptance" around that country. This video is just one faucet of it:

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

This is just moral relativism. "Oh, you're just intolerant."

Seriously, men shouldn't put up with this. It's all polarization in America. If they're not fat they're anorexic. I don't know why there's not just a mass boycott where men refuse to date women like this. But I guess there is because the divorce rate is so high. This is just a symptom of nihilism embraced by the intellectual class.

Seriously, if we just embrace diversity and must be tolerant of all sorts of behavior then there's no improvement in society. Yet they have the audacity to call themselves progressives.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

no woman or man could be that fat & happy & contented about it... it's because they can't loose all the weight they're trying to find a way to live with it ... it's all just destructive; first the body then the mind.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Fat should not be accepted. Another byproduct of feminism brainwashing and the insanity of the Western Anglo World.

99% of the time:

Fat is unhealthy
Fat is unfeminine
Fat is unnatural
Fat is not normal
Fat indicates bad lifestyle choices
Fat indicates a lack of exercise
Fat indicates a diet high in High Fructose Corn Syrup
Fat indicates an extreme intake of processed foods
Fat indicates poor diet choices
Fat can indicate countries with Genetically Modified Organisms in the food supply
Last edited by Tsar on December 12th, 2012, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

abcdavid01 wrote:This is just moral relativism. "Oh, you're just intolerant."

Seriously, men shouldn't put up with this. It's all polarization in America. If they're not fat they're anorexic. I don't know why there's not just a mass boycott where men refuse to date women like this. But I guess there is because the divorce rate is so high. This is just a symptom of nihilism embraced by the intellectual class.

Seriously, if we just embrace diversity and must be tolerant of all sorts of behavior then there's no improvement in society. Yet they have the audacity to call themselves progressives.
A boycott is only as strong as the alternative choices its weakest members have.
When more than half of the women are overweight, what alternative do men have? Raise the bid for the remaining 40%? We see how well that's working out. :lol:

The delusional part was her claim that being obese was not related to over-eating. :roll:
Nah, it must be the calorie-fairy. Yeah, that's the ticket.

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The fat acceptance movement exposes how bigoted and superficial many Americans are. People should not be negatively judged upon sight because of their BMI's. Both American women and men now have very unhealthy self-images, leading to all sorts of mental and even physical issues (especially eating disorders).

A huge proportion of American women now have eating disorders - often anorexia and bulimia. I am much more disturbed by all those American women trying to starve themselves, rather than those who are overeating. I do agree that morbid obesity is quite unsightly and unattractive, but we should not look down on such people because of their size. I have great friends who are overweight; doesn't make them more or less of a person.

"Big is beautiful" in many places, such as the South Pacific, much of Africa, Latin America (though just "curvy"), and so on. There, bigger people are not just tolerated and accepted, but also admired for what they're like.

The bottom line is that this movement clearly reveals how all the unhealthy obsession with superficial looks in America is affecting people, both male and female.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Falcon wrote:The fat acceptance movement exposes how bigoted and superficial many Americans are. People should not be negatively judged upon sight because of their BMI. Both American women and men now have very unhealthy self-images, leading to all sorts of mental and even physical issues (especially eating disorders).

A huge proportion of American women now have eating disorders - often anorexia and bulimia. I am much more disturbed by all those American women trying to starve themselves, rather than those who are overeating. I do agree that morbid obesity is quite unsightly and unattractive, but we should not look down on such people because of their size. I have great friends who are overweight; doesn't make them more or less of a person.

"Big is beautiful" in many places, such as the South Pacific, much of Africa, Latin America (though just "curvy"), and so on. There, bigger people are not just tolerated and accepted, but also admired for what they're like.

The bottom line is that this movement clearly reveals how all the unhealthy obsession with superficial looks in America is affecting people, both male and female.
I said it earlier. This cuts both ways. If they're not fat here they're anorexic. Neither is good. Both are problems caused by feminism. If we were just real and honest about it instead of embracing moral relativism then it would be fine. Just two sides of the same coin. It is because we have an obesity epidemic that we also have problems of widespread eating disorders.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Cooking has a big part to play in all this. If you can't cook a simple meal you end up eating any convenient thing you find which tends to be processed high in fat, sugar or salt.

It's all about herbs & spices. Once you know how to add flavor to food no need to deep fry or sugar coat anything. Well seasoned food does not need much oil or salt either.

Cooking is a survival basic. Believe it or not man evolved faster from caveman days when he learnt to cook & feed himself better... his body & brain got stonger ... there was more though process hence foth etc. We feed our body, & brains with what we consume.

Smoke weed you get high, eat fruits & veges daily it keeps you healthy, eat too much fatty, salty / sweet stuff you will get fat.

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Renata wrote:Cooking has a big part to play in all this. If you can't cook a simple meal you end up eating any convenient thing you find which tends to be processed high in fat, sugar or salt.

It's all about herbs & spices. Once you know how to add flavor to food no need to deep fry or sugar coat anything. Well seasoned food does not need much oil or salt either.

Cooking is a survival basic. Believe it or not man evolved faster from caveman days when he learnt to cook & feed himself better... his body & brain got stonger ... there was more though process hence foth etc. We feed our body, & brains with what we consume.

Smoke weed you get high, eat fruits & veges daily it keeps you healthy, eat too much fatty, salty / sweet stuff you will get fat.
This is why I don't understand vegetarians/vegans (and find it particularly ironic that most of them are "progressives"). Evolution from Homo Erectus and other early homonids required energy from the stomach to increase brain capacity. In essence, our stomachs became inefficient in order to feed our brains. It was a meat based diet that allowed our species to survive and evolve. We needed to develop a carnivorous diet in order to obtain the energy lost when our stomach became inefficient through evolution.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

abcdavid01 I agree with you, but I stay away from some meats too. I eat any seafoods & chicken sometimes. Meat you hunt tends to be healthier, natural & more lean, rather than eating meat from animals grown in captivity. I've tried vegan food it's not bad.

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Well yeah, vegan food's not bad. But if we suddenly stopped eating meat or if our ancestors hadn't hunted wild game, we wouldn't even be around anymore!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seoulbro
Freshman Poster

Post by seoulbro »

Tsar wrote:Fat should not be accepted. Another byproduct of feminism brainwashing and the insanity of the Western Anglo World.

99% of the time:

Fat is unhealthy
Fat is unfeminine
Fat is unnatural
Fat is not normal
Fat indicates bad lifestyle choices
Fat indicates a lack of exercise
Fat indicates a diet high in High Fructose Corn Syrup
Fat indicates an extreme intake of processed foods
Fat indicates poor diet choices
Fat can indicate countries with Genetically Modified Organisms in the food supply
All very true Tsar. How about smoking, cocaine, acoholism or gambling acceptance too? They are all dangerous lifestyle choices just like overeating.