Paul Walker dies

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Paul Walker dies

Post by Voice of Reason »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25173331

Paul Walker dies in a car crash.

Apparently the driver lost control of the car and it burst into flames:

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Man, that sucks. The Fast and Furious film series, which often takes places in great locations abroad, was one of the few big budget franchises I thought still worth watching from Hollywood.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Ironic that he died in a car accident with a grand exit (bursting into flames) while driving a fancy car.

Very Fast and Furious - like.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

There are MANY celebs I'd like to see in this accident instead of Paul Walker. That guy, while not a great actor, did some good things for people. He was really focused on helping the people of the Philippines right before his sudden death. Walker loved racing cars...likely his biggest hobby. At least he died doing what he loved to do (unlike other celebs that die from drug overdose, etc). At least he died during a high point in his life.

I always ripped on his lack of acting ability, but I really can't say that I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about him personally. I know several people that have hung out with him and all say he was very down to earth. Unlike other celebs, he liked hanging out with "regular" people...
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

First Heath Ledger is struck down in the prime of his life, then Michael Jackson, and now Paul Walker. Why do the good ones always have to leave the party early? :(
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I have fond memories of taking my Filipina GF to see "Tokyo Drift" in Cebu... she looked like J. Lo. and couldn't keep her hands off of me... maybe that's because she got so hot and bothered by watching Paul Walker, LOL.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Actually, that's why I stopped going to movies with a filipina gf. I can't enjoy the damn movie!!!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

The_Adventurer wrote:Actually, that's why I stopped going to movies with a filipina gf. I can't enjoy the damn movie!!!
Heh heh... making out is a hell of a lot better than watching the movie :lol:
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I loved Tokyo Drift too. Actually Paul Walker wasn't in this one, but the guy who was is sooooo dreamy :lol:.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

it was a dumb movie. the guy has already stolen me some time. i even didn´t know his name. why the f**k is that important? hate this celeb worship.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I saw all his movies because my guy liked fast & furious movies. What a way to go. RIP.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

he lived a better life than all of you.women only care because he was''cute''if he was a average looking guy they would not care.

he was a king while you were peasants.his life was way better than all of yours,and it was by sheer accident of being born with a good genetic blueprint for his face.

had he looked like david Schwimmer,noone would care.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

theprimebait wrote:he lived a better life than all of you.women only care because he was''cute''if he was a average looking guy they would not care.

he was a king while you were peasants.his life was way better than all of yours,and it was by sheer accident of being born with a good genetic blueprint for his face.

Do you still have that blog? Can you link to it?
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

Billy wrote:it was a dumb movie. the guy has already stolen me some time. i even didn´t know his name. why the f**k is that important? hate this celeb worship.
I never heard of the guy either. I think that he represented more than just a pretty face. Americans, especially here in So. Cal love cars. It's the combination of his looks and cool, fast cars. Personally, I hate cars. All they do is take me from point a to point b. It's too bad that there's no alternative to driving. I have a cheap, old car and don't give a sh*t. But I wish I had other options to getting around.

There's something romantic (at least to news bitches) about dying is a fiery car crash like James Dean. It's too bad because the dude looked like a good guy. But what's so fun about speeding, anyway? Maybe a motorcycle would be a better thrill.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

theprimebait wrote:he lived a better life than all of you.women only care because he was''cute''if he was a average looking guy they would not care.

true said. his face is an 8. 40 years in his body is twice worth the life of an average incel. from what I recall, he did stuff for charity ( I really don't know much about this man) but he was also rich, tall, famous and good looking, there are hundreds of guys more altruistic then he is who die doing something good but they are not remembered because their looks money and status were too low.