Biden: Laguardia Airport (NYC) like a 'Third World Country.'

Discuss news and current events around the world.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Biden: Laguardia Airport (NYC) like a 'Third World Country.'

Post by zboy1 »

"If I blindfolded someone and took them at 2 o'clock in the morning into the airport in Hong Kong and said 'where do you think you are?' They would say, 'this must be America. This is a modern airport,'" he said on Thursday. "If I took them blindfolded and took them to LaGuardia airport in New York, he would like 'I must be in some third world country.' I'm not joking."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... d-country/

I agree...The airports in Asia make America's dilapidated airports look like a 'ghetto' in comparison. Plus, the infrastructure in Asia puts America to shame. ...

I always hate traveling through America's airports because of the TSA and the rude, nasty immigration officials and airport employees. And to compare Asian stewardesses and their customer service to let's say, American Airlines or Delta (shudder...) employees is a joke!

That...and all the morbidly obese and unhappy-looking travelers in America's airports, make me cringe at the thought of coming home soon (especially that craphole of an airport called JFK...). ...
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

I actually flew out of JFK to Panama City to go to Brazil.I add no issues with the service,but JFK does look ghetto as hell.(well it is in Brooklyn)The place was damn near falling apart and seemed to be under permanent construction with all the unfinished jobs everywhere.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

skateboardstephen wrote:I actually flew out of JFK to Panama City to go to Brazil.I add no issues with the service,but JFK does look ghetto as hell.(well it is in Brooklyn)The place was damn near falling apart and seemed to be under permanent construction with all the unfinished jobs everywhere.
I used to live in "ROACHdale Village" (actual name: Rochdale Village) in the Jamaica section of Queens NY, where JFK Int'l has been running for decades.
And those planes stay roaring in the skies in that part of NYC. JFK is in Jamaica, Queens, not Brooklyn, even though the East New York section of Brooklyn is only 15 minutes away on the Conduit.

Quick known fact: R&B singer Maxwell is originally from E. NY section of Brooklyn,
and 90s rap group Lost Boyz are from Jamaica, Queens (LOL - I had to throw that tidbit in there).
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Newark Airport in 2005 was just appalling. Especially since the following year I went to HKIA which was mindblowingly nice!

Dehli, KLIA, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, they are also all pretty, pretty good.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

Inchon (ICN) in Seoul is a freaking palace, where amenities are concerned and pulls out all the stops. Very layover friendly. For what you get in first/business class/frequent flyer lounges like StarAlliance in even the nicest US airports, is available to economy travelers in Seoul at ICN. Showers, sleeping areas, spa, WiFi/computer access...they got it all, and then some.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I have to agree with Biden; LaGuarda sucks. JFK really sucks.

Inchon (ICN) in Seoul is a freaking palace and Bangkok is great. About 7 years ago, I used to fly through Charles DeGaulle in Paris and the place was always torn up. Has the construction ever been completed. Boryspil near Kiev was nothing. The Manila international terminal is the worst. They have nice new domestic terminal which is bigger than the international terminal and it's barely even being used. Who knows what kind of politics are controlling that.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

St Maarten airport has to be the craziest airport, ... you get to wave to the pilots too 8)

- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -