Paid Government Trolls

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Paid Government Trolls

Post by Taco »

Finally you can get paid to troll on HA forum. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the people on this forum are on the government payroll.

Paid Government Trolls
http://investmentwatchblog.com/yes-ther ... -websites/
OutWest
Veteran Poster

trolls

Post by OutWest »

Seems likely...though I would think they would carefully choose their targets...
I know the Chinese have vast armies of such people doing the same thing- there was
a pretty obvious one here a while back.

Good to be prudent about your info online...

Outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why haven't any of these paid trolls come forth as whistleblowers?

Here are slides leaked by Snowden about the paid government troll program objectives.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... ipulation/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Paid Government Trolls

Post by Teal Lantern »

Taco wrote:Finally you can get paid to troll on HA forum.
They'd have to be moving pretty down-market to pay for that. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I suppose that explains nearly piece of info on the internet.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Holy shit! And after all that talk about free speech & not being like "those" countries!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Taco wrote:Finally you can get paid to troll on HA forum.
They'd have to be moving pretty down-market to pay for that. :wink:

+10 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re:

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
February 27th, 2014, 9:21 am

Here are slides leaked by Snowden about the paid government troll program objectives.

Actual government trolling is done in small, targeted fashion with individuals that work in alphabet agencies. They haven't come forward because they're working on very specific missions to disrupt communities that would otherwise promote terrorism. Why would you step up and ruin an operation that's doing good in the world?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 7:46 am
Winston wrote:

Actual government trolling is done in small, targeted fashion with individuals that work in alphabet agencies. They haven't come forward because they're working on very specific missions to disrupt communities that would otherwise promote terrorism.
My experience of the Internet over decades is that that is not true. Why would you think that it is?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 11:27 pm
HouseMD wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 7:46 am
Winston wrote:

Actual government trolling is done in small, targeted fashion with individuals that work in alphabet agencies. They haven't come forward because they're working on very specific missions to disrupt communities that would otherwise promote terrorism.
My experience of the Internet over decades is that that is not true. Why would you think that it is?
Show me all the FBI agents that have trolled you. You're not that important
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 2:06 am
Dude, I can't show your the years of threads where these scum worked. They do this all the time. Not that important? Well, I am, but lots of people they railroad are not important. They just want to make an example. For example, there were the ASIO shills that drove PAN off the forum years ago.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
May 22nd, 2021, 12:54 am
HouseMD wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 2:06 am
Dude, I can't show your the years of threads where these scum worked. They do this all the time. Not that important? Well, I am, but lots of people they railroad are not important. They just want to make an example. For example, there were the ASIO shills that drove PAN off the forum years ago.
Sounds like you have no proof and you're just accusing anyone that has a differing opinion of being a plant, despite the fact that the majority of Americans don't agree with you and would thing you're a nut. Look buddy, the government doesn't give a shit about your mongolian basket weaving forums. As the old saying goes, posting in these places is like pissing in an ocean of piss. There literally aren't enough funds to hire enough people to do the sort of massive level disinformation that would be needed, so the US uses very small, targeted efforts. Contrast this with Russia, where labor is dirt cheap- it costs almost nothing for them to hire a troll and propaganda army, while a basic salary here will cost the government 55k TO START. Couple this with the ineptitude in our older political and military officials with regard to the nature of cyber campaigning, and it just isn't a priority. Russia, on the other hand, realized this is an excellent way of waging soft war against the US since they can hire 9 soldiers for the price of one of ours, and since they've made it a priority while we haven't they can easily outman us on the cyber disinfo front 100 to 1