Korean Ferry Sinking

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Korean Ferry Sinking

Post by Taco »

This just in.

Korean Ferry Sinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-SM-Uc-J0A

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Saw the news story briefly, my immediate thought was someone told the guy to change course or else. So he maintained his course and sped up.

(Being Korean and all.)

;)

Oh sorry ZBoy... is that racist?

Couldn't help it....
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:Saw the news story briefly, my immediate thought was someone told the guy to change course or else. So he maintained his course and sped up.

(Being Korean and all.)

;)

Oh sorry ZBoy... is that racist?

Couldn't help it....
Nah, that wasn't racist, hah!

But, yeah: Koreans and other East Asians tend to have the 'sheep' and 'herd menatlity:' do what your superiors tell you to do--even if that means jumping of the cliff to your death. Typical robotic Asian mentality...

I feel bad for the loved ones, though. I will pray for them and hope there are some survivors.

The crew were telling people to stay-in-place and not evacuate. Those were the captain's orders, after all! What B.S...If the crew had done the right thing, they would've had everyone evacuate immediately rather than staying put in that death-ship!

You know, if I was on that ship, I would've told the captain and the crew to "f**k-off" and would've gone against their orders and evacuated ASAP. But, being Asians, their ingrained in their ways to always follow orders and never question authority. So, that is one thing I really despise in Asian culture.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Kind of a scary story - I wonder if there were any foreign English teachers on the ferry.

It's also very sad after the ferry disasters we've had in 1989 and a couple of years ago.

The 1989 one was a wake up call for the UK shipping industry. Some people died on the Italian one, but being Europeans they largely didn't obey orders to stay in their cabins, and hence most people survived.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.