CNBC: New study says US healthcare worst of industrial natio

Discuss news and current events around the world.
steve55
Junior Poster

CNBC: New study says US healthcare worst of industrial natio

Post by steve55 »

Source - http://mob.cnbc.com/us_news/101758501/1

US News

US health system tops in spending, last in results
CNBC.com | June 16, 2014 | 12:01 AM EDT
Bang for your buck? No such luck—not even close.

The United States health-care system has finished dead last—yet again—in a comparison of first-world countries, despite vastly outspending those nations on health services, according to a new study released Monday.

Adding insult to injury, the Commonwealth Fund-issued study ranked the United Kingdom in first place in the rankings despite the fact that the UK spent just $3,182 per capita on health—the second-least amount of the 11 countries surveyed.

And Canada, which was just above the U.S. in the overall rankings, spent just $4,522 per person on health services.

Read More Mind the gap: Wide swings in medical costs

In contrast, the U.S. spent $8,508 per person on health care, or 17.7 percent of the gross domestic product.

"The claim that the United States has 'the best health care system in the world' is clearly not true," stated the Commonwealth Fund report.

"To reduce cost and improve outcomes, the U.S. must adopt and adapt lessons from effective health- care systems both at home and around the world," said the report, which examined 80 separate indicators from the countries related to five overall areas of performance: health, quality, efficiency, access and equity.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Free and open markets can cure this with some honest money to make it work.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is Obamacare gonna change all that? Is it gonna make the US healthcare system like that of other industrialized nations?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Is Obamacare gonna change all that? Is it gonna make the US healthcare system like that of other industrialized nations?
Certainly not. All it does is solidify the grip on the system of profit-seeking private insurance companies, which are absolutely useless middlemen that drive up costs by taking their cut. Obamacare simply tries to round up 40 million new customers for these bloodsuckers, and then guarantee their profits at taxpayer expense. Real healthcare reform is impossible in a country as corrupted as the U.S. The insurance companies, big pharma, for-profit hospitals and such won't permit it.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Winston wrote:Is Obamacare gonna change all that? Is it gonna make the US healthcare system like that of other industrialized nations?
Obama is going to win the war on Terror. He is also going to eliminate the National Debt and Fix Our healthcare system.

I am not exactly sure what Planet you are on Sir Winston but you should share whatever you are smoking.

If you think that increasing your Health Insurance Rates and giving you Sh#t care is good change than you are right. More expansive and lower quality care gets my Vote.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

New study??!????? #@$%%@??!!
This has been said (from what I know) as early as Michael Moore's Sicko movie-documentary!!! And that was about 10 years ago right??
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:New study??!????? #@$%%@??!!
This has been said (from what I know) as early as Michael Moore's Sicko movie-documentary!!! And that was about 10 years ago right??
Well before that. I think we ranked 33rd in around 2001. With, of course, at least 25 percent higher costs per capita than any other nation, thanks to our "system." And apologists for Obamacare don't even talk about controlling costs anymore.

I think Sicko was 2007.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Moretorque wrote:Free and open markets can cure this with some honest money to make it work.
But the countries that are kicking our asses in healthcare don't have open and free markets running it!! Obamacare is the closest thing to government run healthcare like the countries scoring at the top are doing.
It just seems yo me that the reason why the US sucks at healthcare is because of the very fact it is currently free and open capitalist markets (for profit) that is running our healthcare system right now and it's grotesquely failing!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

steve55 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Free and open markets can cure this with some honest money to make it work.
But the countries that are kicking our asses in healthcare don't have open and free markets running it!! Obamacare is the closest thing to government run healthcare like the countries scoring at the top are doing.
It just seems yo me that the reason why the US sucks at healthcare is because of the very fact it is currently free and open capitalist markets (for profit) that is running our healthcare system right now and it's grotesquely failing!
Obamacare is nothing but a farce; the real answer to America's healthcare system is to either go to a true single payer system, or to a consumer-oriented free-market approach to healthcare using Health Savings account--and getting the government out of healthcare.

Right now, the U.S. system and Obamacare is neither of the above: it's a crony-capitalist, fascist system that is neither single-payer or free market healthcare. That's why it will fail, and the reason why America's healthcare system hasn't been working since the 60s.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

steve55 wrote:
The US and her consitution have got to be destroyed and buried to make way for the communal dictatorship world wide. Don't kid yourself, Lenin said an exclusive credit monopoly was key for total world domination. The US went bankrupt over 80 years ago and the money masters who are running this financial con game are the ones who are killing America's health care.

Go watch the movie "Cancer Is Serious Business 2010" if you want an idea what free and open markets can do.

Legalized counterfeiting which is the root cause of where we are going are to blame if you do not like where the world is going on a economic political front.
Time to Hide!