29 yr old UK woman fears the wall, commits suicide

Discuss news and current events around the world.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 29 yr old UK woman fears the wall, commits suicide

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jester wrote:Well-stated.

That's the flip side of PUA... and the same applies to men who want a gf but who don't want children. Yes, the woman basically lies, goes along in order to draw the man in, but she yearns and expects him to then "do the right thing".

The man can be totally truthful and yet do damage.

Being a man means using judgement about where you stick it.

Apparently, in the Bible, the penalty for screwing a woman but denying her children, was death. (Genesis chapter 38)
That's why people have to be truthful from the very beginning about what it is they want out of a relationship. A relationships based on lies and deception is one destined to fail miserably, sooner or later. And if it's later rather then sooner, chances are the couple is left forever haunted by visions of "what could have been", even after they break up. Our time on earth is precious, too precious to waste it with someone who doesn't share the same dreams and goals as us.

If you want children, find a partner who wants them too. If you don't want them, find someone who feels the same way. Anything else is a lie, and a lie is a no-good foundation to build your future on.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cyrus
Freshman Poster

Post by Cyrus »

She was also suffering from grief - the loss of her mother. Probably depressed, most likely a failing relationship, too... - maybe financial difficulties to boot. If you're already fragile emotionally, these common problems in life can then stack up on you and it can lead to suicide. I don't think she died just for this reason, but it was the "final straw". It's sad really if cultures had closer community support systems people wouldn't be pushed over the edge...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

On the one hand, this could be seen as poetic justice for choosing a life of corporate whoredom and choosing a foreign boyfriend, thus betraying the men in her society. However, the fact that such evil behavior is initially rewarded perhaps left her with no real choice in her mind.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:On the one hand, this could be seen as poetic justice for choosing a life of corporate whoredom and choosing a foreign boyfriend, thus betraying the men in her society. However, the fact that such evil behavior is initially rewarded perhaps left her with no real choice in her mind.
I wasn't aware she has a foreign boyfriend?

Still, it hardly matters. We can't really complain about a British woman dating a foreign man, when most of us are Western men dating or looking to date foreign women. Talk about hypocrisy. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Hope God rests her soul in peace.

Living in the UK is tough if you don't measure up in your family/social circles, especially with the middle & upper-class Brits. I think I mentioned on here once I was supposed to marry a British guy, but then his mother rejected the idea and said she didn't want any brown grandchildren. All was well and good until he proposed and I said yes. My father told me to fly home and that was the end of it. The anguish and heartache from that was intolerable. This girl went through it 3 times. As well I find families in the UK are kind of cold. They can't just drop into each's homes etc they have to call first and, if you have problems you are expected to sort yourself out, because everyone has thier own life to deal with. England is a cold place,... the weather and the lifestyle.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

As well I find families in the UK are kind of cold. They can't just drop into each's homes etc they have to call first and, if you have problems you are expected to sort yourself out, because everyone has thier own life to deal with. England is a cold place,... the weather and the lifestyle.
Very well put, I feel the same way about the UK; especially the having to call and effectively 'book an appointment' to see a friend. It's kind of annoying. Having to sort out problems yourself and not need help and not bother others with it, very, very prevelent mentality.