Iran City Hits 165F (74C)

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Iran City Hits 165F (74C)

Post by Taco »

I'm guessing Iran doesn't have a large tourist industry.

Iran city hits suffocating heat index of 165(74C) degrees, near world record
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... ld-record/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Iran City Hits 165F (74C)

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Taco, I find that to be a very fascinating story!!!! 165F is extreme even for that region of the world (Southwest Asia). In fact when I was serving as a soldier at Camp Anaconda, Iraq (back in 2003) in the town of Balad, the hottest it ever gotten was between 122F-130F degrees. We were ordered to constantly hydrate ourselves drinking at least 4-5 large bottles of water per day along with some sports drinks to keep the electrolytes in our bodies. But it also helped too that we had some time (at Camp Uduari, Kuwait) to have our bodies to get adjusted to this hot climate.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Taco, I find that to be a very fascinating story!!!! 165F is extreme even for that region of the world (Southwest Asia). In fact when I was serving as a soldier at Camp Anaconda, Iraq (back in 2003) in the town of Balad, the hottest it ever gotten was between 122F-130F degrees. We were ordered to constantly hydrate ourselves drinking at least 4-5 large bottles of water per day along with some sports drinks to keep the electrolytes in our bodies. But it also helped too that we had some time (at Camp Uduari, Kuwait) to have our bodies to get adjusted to this hot climate.
Well I'm just glad you survived. Sounds brutal!

Here in the Philippines it gets around 115F to 120F with the heat index(humidity factored in).
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

The highest recorded temperature in the Philippines is around 42C which isn't that high when you consider it's location and that a much colder country like the U.K has a highest recorded temp of just over 37C.