Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8446
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by jamesbond » June 28th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Taco wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Here is a good video by Brittany Pettibone explaining why people don't want to get married anymore.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mHV5BTeco[/youtube]
Men control marriage not women. Its obvious American men are not interested anymore. They don't like to marry promiscuous women.
They also don't want to get financially raped in divorce court (having to give the ex wife half of his net worth, plus child support and alimony). The marriage rates are declining in a lot of countries just not the US.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2707
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » June 28th, 2017, 4:40 pm

jamesbond wrote:Here is a good video by Brittany Pettibone explaining why people don't want to get married anymore.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mHV5BTeco[/youtube]
Her reasons for the decline of marriage are quite weak and straight out of some sociology textbook.

More and more men and women are forgoing marriage because, quite simply, marriage sucks and has little to no life enhancing value when compared to the single life. This is not rocket science but sociologists dance around this reality as if it were a poisonous snake.

Finally, the decline is marriage is a Western phenomenon, not simply American one!

snede
Freshman Poster
Posts: 180
Joined: December 20th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by snede » June 28th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Brittany Pettibone is quite young and has lived a life somewhat isolated from many of the harsh realities of society. She's a devout Catholic, so she is much more familiar with that community.

My reason for not marrying is that American women, in general, are complete c**ts and I haven't been able to find one who would be a good wife and mother.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2707
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » June 28th, 2017, 9:30 pm

snede wrote: My reason for not marrying is that American women, in general, are complete c**ts and I haven't been able to find one who would be a good wife and mother.
Your inability to find a good wife and mother is a blessing in disguise. The purpose marriage was invented was to force men to stay with a woman regardless of how fat, unattractive, and abusive she later becomes.

If women were truly worth being with for the long haul, marriage would have never needed to be invented.

Marriage is history's great bait and switch scheme on men!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4628
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Taco » June 29th, 2017, 12:10 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
snede wrote: My reason for not marrying is that American women, in general, are complete c**ts and I haven't been able to find one who would be a good wife and mother.
Your inability to find a good wife and mother is a blessing in disguise. The purpose marriage was invented was to force men to stay with a woman regardless of how fat, unattractive, and abusive she later becomes.

If women were truly worth being with for the long haul, marriage would have never needed to be invented.

Marriage is history's great bait and switch scheme on men!
There is an organized effort to undermine the family as the primary social institution so people will be dependent on government and corporations.
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Adama » June 29th, 2017, 1:29 am

I had just written up a few paragraphs and then I remembered, "What does it matter if I convince them of my beliefs or not?" Likewise, I wonder why so many men so vehemently defend their viewpoints, thinking they are going to convince the man on the other end to change his mind. Or perhaps they are posting for the benefit of the few lurkers.

But I just think that people are going to believe what they want to believe. Certainly there are enough facts known on both sides of the pro and anti marriage issue already. Enough for most intelligent people to have already made up their minds.

Eric
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1297
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Eric » June 29th, 2017, 1:37 am

So why don't people talk about a f***ing solution to this problem, or the larger problem up above - like the elites Huxley talks about that want to form a society of broken down controlled masses.

Why don't we talk about that problem? You know, instead of this problem underneath it that's being caused by It. If people really wanted change, the human race would get up off its ass and take down this "elite" cabal. Until then you don't care.


You all need to start asking those questions....instead of sitting around in a simmering pot bitching and complaining about it, while watching your life, your future slip away.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4628
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Taco » June 29th, 2017, 2:11 am

Adama wrote: Certainly there are enough facts known on both sides of the pro and anti marriage issue already. Enough for most intelligent people to have already made up their minds.
Although I am married I wouldn't say that I am pro-marriage. I think each persons set of circumstances is unique and there are a factors to consider before one decides to get married. Before I got married 5 years ago I had been single for 17 years and I was happy then too.
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Adama » June 29th, 2017, 5:22 am

Taco wrote:
Adama wrote: Certainly there are enough facts known on both sides of the pro and anti marriage issue already. Enough for most intelligent people to have already made up their minds.
Although I am married I wouldn't say that I am pro-marriage. I think each persons set of circumstances is unique and there are a factors to consider before one decides to get married. Before I got married 5 years ago I had been single for 17 years and I was happy then too.

There are two things evangelism has taught me relevant to this situation:
1. Don't bother talking to people who aren't interested or who are firm set in their opinion. There is no conversion for these people. I'd say after the second statement of the facts, if they carry on with whatever they were already saying, then they are not going to get it.
2. There is no sense in arguing over minor details that are irrelevant. That is a waste of time and energy.

The thing about trying to convince other people that you're right is, the urge to "win the argument" may take over, when the facts should speak for themselves. Now if the facts are true, they speak for themselves. Then it just becomes a matter of whether the other person can accept it as true. Many simply can't accept it. Why bother with them? And who cares what they think if they are so dense?

Also, the other person has probably already determined no matter what that he is going to win the argument whether what you say is true or not. He wants to win the argument and declare himself correct, rather than accept the truth regardless if he's correct or not.

This is how people glory in themselves and how smart they are. But the facts should win the argument, not the person.

So who cares what someone else thinks? Either they know the truth or they are willing to believe the truth, which is great! But if they are unwilling or unable to believe the truth, then that is too bad, FOR THEM!

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2707
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » June 30th, 2017, 3:12 am

Eric wrote:So why don't people talk about a f***ing solution to this problem, or the larger problem up above...
Because the problem is marriage and declining rates of marriage IS the solution. The problem is being solved in my book. It just does not seem that way because of government policy and the collective voice of pro-marriage cuck husbands.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6811
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by Cornfed » June 30th, 2017, 5:04 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If women were truly worth being with for the long haul, marriage would have never needed to be invented.

Marriage is history's great bait and switch scheme on men!
While true that marriage has always been a raw deal for men, it is necessary in human society in order to get fathers to invest in their children and believe they have a stake in the future of that society, by way of a genetic legacy. Of course, this would not apply to black “society”.

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8446
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by jamesbond » June 30th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
snede wrote:My reason for not marrying is that American women, in general, are complete c**ts and I haven't been able to find one who would be a good wife and mother.
Your inability to find a good wife and mother is a blessing in disguise. The purpose marriage was invented was to force men to stay with a woman regardless of how fat, unattractive, and abusive she later becomes.

If women were truly worth being with for the long haul, marriage would have never needed to be invented.

Marriage is history's great bait and switch scheme on men!
It's sad but true, it does seem as if marriage is history's great "bait and switch" scheme on men. Here is Paul Elam's (the founder of a Voice for Men) take on the idea of marriage for men. He makes a lot of good points especially when he talks about how family courts are biased completely in a woman's favor.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42sI2G4m5aU[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8446
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marriage rates in America are at an all time low

Post by jamesbond » July 22nd, 2018, 6:45 am

This guy thinks that marriage in the United States will be dead in the next 5 to 8 years.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News and Current Events”