The UK votes to leave the European Union

Discuss news and current events around the world.
blurryface
Freshman Poster

Re: The UK votes to leave the European Union

Post by blurryface »

blurryface wrote:
jamesbond wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLX3s800iE[/youtube]

Lol, dude should be throw in jail for feeding naive people empty dreams, like this one :lol:

Just as I predicted! http://www.businessinsider.com/the-brex ... pen-2016-6
A referendum is not legally binding. In pure constitutional terms it is merely advisory. You can repeat the exercise as wanted, as long as the irrevocable Article 50 formalizing the U.K.’s divorce from Brussels hasn’t been invoked. Cameron said it would be up to the next prime minister, whoever that may be, to apply for the decree nisi.
Nigel Farage, the leader of the U.K. Independence Party, spent Friday morning distancing himself from the "Leave" campaign's promise that Britain's EU funds would be redirected to the National Health Service; and Tory European Parliament member Daniel Hannan admitted that renegotiating Britain's relationship with the EU wouldn't actually decrease immigration.
How will "Leave" voters feel in October, with the pound still down and the revelations about their campaign's broken promises? Some will still want out, but how many more will have second thoughts? And Johnson knows that as soon as he triggers Article 50 and begins the actual withdrawal process, the markets will plunge again. Is that how he wants his term to begin? (It's widely believed Johnson's decision to back "Leave" reflected something other than a deep-seated commitment to the cause.)
Newspapers whipped up panic about “bogus” asylum-seekers and “political correctness.” Commentators made exaggerated claims about segregation and “no-go areas” in British cities. Activity to the Tories’ right — first from the fascist British National Party, then from UKIP — escalated the rhetoric.

These parties attracted sections of working-class voters in areas where Labour had once been strong. In response, successive Labour and Tory governments tried to adopt part of their message, making increasingly strident commitments to limit immigration. In other words, they made a strategic mistake. No body gives a shit about poor people. They are poor for a reason: stupid
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Paul Joseph Watson and Stefan Molyneux discuss the aftermath of Brexit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZ9EIOQzXU[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
bostero
Freshman Poster

Post by bostero »

blurryface wrote:
bostero wrote:
blurryface wrote:The British conservative leadership use austerity for the poor and working classes to facilitate the rise of far-right nativism/fascism while the flow of wealth to the top blah blah blah rant rant rant rage against da machine maaaan
Oh, you Marxists... :roll:
Shouldn't you be changing the beaks on my Mercedes, peon?

"Peon"?

Irizarry detected. Nice name change. Don't even bother replying, Irizarry- you're headed straight to the foes list. I've no patience for ghetto scum like you.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

We will just have to wait to see if this actually happens, and if it happens, if it actually makes a difference. I suspect that even if Britain does exist, it will not make a difference for the most part. Those same elites in control on the continent aren't disconnected from the ones in Britain.

Since everything else with politicians has proven to be mere theater over time, this too may also be planned for our entertainment. Sit back, relax. If the world actually improves, that will be the true miracle.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

jamesbond wrote:The UK voted to leave the European Union by a 52 to 48 percent vote.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH1DE7I8kd0[/youtube]
I find it amusing how all the 'establishment' is baffled, if not stumped hahaha, they were so confident they would stay. Their now distorted faces and outright stuttering are hilarious. The amount of douchebaggery these pundits and all the "tolerant" crowd are putting out now is unbelievable. The masses and the elite believe in "democracy" until it doesn't go their way lol, then they say 'oh a popular vote is not wise'.

Having said this, it's just another show, the welfare and warfare will probably continue as usual. And insiders, probably even Cameron himself will cash-in once the market rebounds. With billions to be made i wouldn't be surprised if it's just a prepackaged farce.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

bostero wrote:
blurryface wrote:
bostero wrote:
blurryface wrote:The British conservative leadership use austerity for the poor and working classes to facilitate the rise of far-right nativism/fascism while the flow of wealth to the top blah blah blah rant rant rant rage against da machine maaaan
Oh, you Marxists... :roll:
Shouldn't you be changing the beaks on my Mercedes, peon?

"Peon"?

Irizarry detected. Nice name change. Don't even bother replying, Irizarry- you're headed straight to the foes list. I've no patience for ghetto scum like you.
Actually, that wasn't me. It's interesting that you loathe me.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I voted to leave, but I don't see it actually happening.

The issue is that it's just too problematic to leave.

A wider issue is that the left still refuses to even talk about immigration or race or religious differences... they think they're in the right on these issues. So this won't end well as a result but this isn't just a British thing, it's global.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

xiongmao wrote:I voted to leave, but I don't see it actually happening.

What do you think will actually happen, then?
SummerCity
Freshman Poster

Post by SummerCity »

What do you think is going to be with property markets in the UK and the EU? I believe in the slight fall of prices in England and Spain. Spain will suffer a wane of demand for real estate from British buyers who were extremely active in this market. And in London the weak pound will play its part to attract new foreign investors. A good piece on the topic https://tranio.com/united-kingdom/news/ ... e-eu_5152/, pay attention to the part "the real estate market in Britain may benefit from heightened foreign interest"
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

SummerCity wrote:What do you think is going to be with property markets in the UK and the EU? I believe in the slight fall of prices in England and Spain. Spain will suffer a wane of demand for real estate from British buyers who were extremely active in this market. And in London the weak pound will play its part to attract new foreign investors. A good piece on the topic https://tranio.com/united-kingdom/news/ ... e-eu_5152/, pay attention to the part "the real estate market in Britain may benefit from heightened foreign interest"
I think we have all been conned by the money changers but fortunately for them the herd be too stupid to figure..........
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

xiongmao wrote:I voted to leave, but I don't see it actually happening.

A wider issue is that the left still refuses to even talk about immigration or race or religious differences... they think they're in the right on these issues. So this won't end well as a result but this isn't just a British thing, it's global.

This is not a left vs right thing. The left and the right is just a smokescreen. It is a cover. This is about elites who want to destroy civilization and humanity.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.