China's two-child policy: Single mothers left out

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My friend said i should post this:

"@Winston this article should be posted on happier abroad. I salute the Chinese government for doing its best to preserve patriarchy and traditional values in women 'of my own race' (I quote from your previous poem to Lisa lol)"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/34695899
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: China's two-child policy: Single mothers left out

Post by yick »

Good! Nothing else to say really, and who says the CCP haven't got a clue, they have more of a clue than the wankers running us.
verbosityincarnate
Freshman Poster

Post by verbosityincarnate »

This has f**k all to do with preserving or championing the patriarchy, and everything to do with pragmatism. China isn't a welfare state, and doesn't have the means to become one, even were it so inclined. And generally speaking, it is not economically sound for a single woman to have and raise a child on her own in most cases. This is especially true in a country like China, where there isn't an endless stream of dumb farangs to be conned out of their cash with a kind word and a bit of sex. Likewise, even if single parenthood is affordable, by virtually any metric you'd care to look at, children raised in such an environment fare far worse than those raised in traditional, two parent households. For a country so fixated on its ascent, it can't really afford a generation of improperly raised citizens, which is exactly what they'd get if there were masses of children raised in single parent homes.

I still think the government's heavy hand, here and in virtually every other facet of life in China, is highly objectionable. But given that China is an authoritarian state and has a long history of trying to control reproduction, this is one of the sounder rules they could be expected to impose.
"Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't they'd be married too." - HL Mencken
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is it really being enforced though, in every city and province? China has at least 56 subcultures, so that adds up to many provinces. Do they all comply? There are many loopholes in laws I'm sure. Even the one child policy wasn't that rigidly enforced, many got around it with money, bribes and fines.

What does the "two child policy" mean? I read the article and those single moms with one child will not receive citizenship or basic rights for their child without a father. What does two children have to do with this? Will this force the women to marry some single men from the rural areas that need a wife?

Why do all articles online say there is a male shortage in China? In all cities of China, I saw more women than men. Why can't the Western media explain that or quote me on that? Stupid. The media doesn't give me a voice. f**k them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne