Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 9:54 pm

Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes.
It's certainly a baseless way to judge a person. Wealthy individuals such as Kim Jong-Un and Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman are just two random examples. Man makes the money, money doesn't make the man. As they say.

It's similar to basing a woman on her looks alone or fawning over a pop singer just because they have a tremendous voice or can dance sexy. All superficial.

A rich man can still commit murder, fiddle with little kiddies, or f**k your woman behind your back but hey lets put him on a pedestal just because he drives a lamborghini.

Image
Yes, you understand. It would also make me a hypocrite on multiple levels to value someone because of wealth or being upper class. That was exactly the point I was trying to make! I don't make claims of being wealthy or upper class (regarding income). Nor do I hold such men in high esteem. So how could I - who neither values those things nor holds those people in high esteem - dare to say that rich men are worth more than poor men? It would not make sense.

And also, the Bible says that money is similar to a bird in that it has wings and flies away; that moth and dust corrupts it, that you can't take your wealth to heaven with you, that we are not supposed to work for riches, and especially that charging even 1% interest is usury.

So am I really going to say that a stock broker is a better person than a man teaching English overseas? The man teaching English overseas might be a saved Christian, while we all know that rich men will hardly enter into heaven (as in it is hard for a rich man to be saved, since it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle (the kind used for sewing clothing)!




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Zambales
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1518
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Zambales » May 1st, 2017, 10:19 pm

Man With a Plan wrote:
MrMan wrote:Though I haven't read his conversations with you, I've read lots of his posts, and I haven't noticed any subtle indirect insults. He seems direct to me. That's why I'm wondering if the issue is your reading subtle implied insults into his posts.

Even if a girl prone to snide comments had posted that about the successful guy on Walstreet, your assuming she meant it as an insult to English teachers wouldn't be logical or reasonable.
You seem to be the most grounded person in this thread. Maybe you can tell me what's going on? I thought this was a conversation about loneliness in the west.

===========================================================================================================================================================================

In any case, we can get on the west all we want all day and night. The west is foul right now and it does need to be checked, but we shouldn't forget to check ourselves. I'm not even worried about the thottie dotties, the feminists, or the "marxists" (whatever that is), because, as men, we need to bring it back to self-improvement. Check it. A lot of y'all are definitely putting out negative energy, and other people can pick up on that. A lot of y'all ain't ready for that third eye, avatar type game. Y'all ain't ready for that! If you put in negative energy, if you use that as fuel, the universe will give that back to you. It's not the Jews, it's not Satan, it's not feminism. Sometimes, the problem is you. Shocker!

Get out there and find hobbies. Find passions. Find things to go all-in on. As far as women go, if you white knight/beta them they're most likely going to shy away. To be someone's sole reason for existence is a lot of pressure. Hell, being their number one priority is a lot of pressure. How about putting them to the side? I mean, aren't they more of a sideshow anyway? I assume everyone here is western to some degree and white. If you're western in general you have it well, but as white men? Pfftttt. You better stop playing and get out there. Take up sailing, travel, writing/art, music, biking, technology, philosophy, martial arts, reading, blogging or vlogging. All things I do, and I intend to have a lot of fun and good times doing them.

Another thing. It's best if no one dwells on the past. Take it from me. I let it cling to me like a tick, and once I ripped it off I was better. I'm not perfect, but I'm working on it. Crying about it won't change it. Nothing will short of time travel. You can either let the negative energy consume you, or you can fight it and keep it pushing. What's it going to be? I know what I'm choosing to do.
Yep, finger pointing outwards instead of inwards is far easier than vice versa and it's a very common problem amongst people in the world today. Speaking from experience, by looking at the mirror at myself, it's improved me no end from a personal perspective.

Another aspect I learned to do was to refrain from revenge if somebody crossed me. Instead, I didn't get upset (for long lol) and let karma handle the situation, focusing on climbing higher rather than dropping a level and embroiling myself in a needless feud with someone who wasn't worth the hassle.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 2nd, 2017, 12:02 am

Adama wrote: For example, if you got a job on Wall St and became successful and began to hung out with Wall St types, you might come to a vastly different conclusion about American society than a man who works overseas in Thailand or China teaching English.
By the way, what I meant by "became successful" is that there are people who work stock broker jobs who aren't successful. Just because a person works on Wall St it doesn't mean they are a successful banker. (Just as there are real estate agents and other types of salespersons who aren't successful.) That's why I put the successful part in there, to contrast with the unsuccessful stock brokers. This was not to say that English teachers are unsuccessful. I suppose for clarity I should have also said "than a man who works overseas in Thailand or China teaching English and became successful." But as far as I know teachers aren't on commission.

Eric
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1297
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Eric » May 2nd, 2017, 1:27 am

Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes.
It's certainly a baseless way to judge a person. Wealthy individuals such as Kim Jong-Un and Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman are just two random examples. Man makes the money, money doesn't make the man. As they say.

It's similar to basing a woman on her looks alone or fawning over a pop singer just because they have a tremendous voice or can dance sexy. All superficial.

A rich man can still commit murder, fiddle with little kiddies, or f**k your woman behind your back but hey lets put him on a pedestal just because he drives a lamborghini.

Image

It just means how much acumen he has, how wise or clever. Honest work will not get you much money, it will get you other things ...you have to use your mind, to get money, it's a measure of how much you use your mind, which is a measure of how much a man you are.


Or could be. For example usury does not require hard work but, it gets you a lot of money and it is using your mind to solve a problem and accumulate wealth and income. It's actually a very smart strategy. You could debate the ethics somewhere else.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2538
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » May 2nd, 2017, 2:35 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:..........Personally, I find Americans to be a generally miserable people. However, most can't understand the source of their misery so they blame others for it.
As long as one can fake it, they can make it. It becomes overwhelming for people whom are not the mnemonic-repetitive-ad-nauseum ("I can recall the employer handbook by heart line-by-line") work-drone types.

User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3143
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by droid » May 2nd, 2017, 5:50 am

Adama wrote:If the choice comes down to being alone yet having peace, or being in company of others but having drama and discord, then the choice will have to be loneliness and peace. It's really that simple.
Loneliness may imply bitterness and misery but not necessarily. And even then, if being in the company of others leads to drama and discord, well that drama and discord from others makes the loneliness that much more bearable.

And we know that we are in the last days because people are lovers of themselves, filled with pride, and they are arrogant braggarts who only talk about themselves and they lack empathy and even the willingness to understand the point of view of others.
Now the things that cause bitterness and misery are the words that come out of people's mouths: insults, slander, malignity, back stabbing, deception, confusion, mocking and wickedness. That is bitterness.

Loneliness however is not bitterness.
I have to say those are wise words Adama, +1
The good news is that it's not a choice between those two extremes, there are still options and good people out there. But we have to be willing to look and reach for them.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 2nd, 2017, 6:34 am

Adama wrote:Even if I had insulted Yick (which was certainly not my intention, for the nth time), is it necessary to go on, and on and on about it? Why not just let it go?


Because YOU don't get to decide when the conversation ends.
Someone IMPLIED an insult and that requires three pages of insults because of hurt feelings? Any person so easily offended might ask himself why he is so offended by an implied insult by someone he doesn't even know.
I was trying to get you to clarify a point you made which you still haven't done. Halfwit! :roll:

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 2nd, 2017, 6:37 am

Zambales wrote:
A good academic education is of course an advantageous but not essential. Those of us who never received a high level of schooling can still make a good living by replacing it with drive & determination coupled with a rigorous work ethic. Look at the immigrants who come to the west with just the shirts on their backs. They can build a successful business by implementing these traits so why can't a lot of the homegrowns do the same?. That's the key nowadays. Put all your energy into your own venture, not somebody else's, because by tomorrow you could be surplus to requirements.
I disagree, I grew up working class in the UK - like you I suspect - and my life is far better the day I went back into education.

I hate to think where I would be now if I hadn't had done that. Hard work and determination need to be married up to skills in demand - if you don't have those, you're history.

There are no such thing as a 'job for life' anymore, I know lots of pure grafters getting hammered by the government because all there is for them is agency work.

Remember when plumbers could name their price, and what happened, Polish plumbers came in and drove prices down. I'd rather put my money on education than anything else to get me out of a hole, that's for sure.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1715
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Kradmelder » May 2nd, 2017, 8:27 am

yick wrote:
Zambales wrote:
A good academic education is of course an advantageous but not essential. Those of us who never received a high level of schooling can still make a good living by replacing it with drive & determination coupled with a rigorous work ethic. Look at the immigrants who come to the west with just the shirts on their backs. They can build a successful business by implementing these traits so why can't a lot of the homegrowns do the same?. That's the key nowadays. Put all your energy into your own venture, not somebody else's, because by tomorrow you could be surplus to requirements.
I disagree, I grew up working class in the UK - like you I suspect - and my life is far better the day I went back into education.

I hate to think where I would be now if I hadn't had done that. Hard work and determination need to be married up to skills in demand - if you don't have those, you're history.

There are no such thing as a 'job for life' anymore, I know lots of pure grafters getting hammered by the government because all there is for them is agency work.

Remember when plumbers could name their price, and what happened, Polish plumbers came in and drove prices down. I'd rather put my money on education than anything else to get me out of a hole, that's for sure.
Hard work is not enough. When i repainted my house, did gutters etc i hired poor whites. They have no proper job. They work hard and you dont have the thievery and security risk you have with blacks.but they can only charge a market rate as unemployed workers are every where.a man needs a skill to reduce competition. And he needs to be good at it.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7422
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Cornfed » May 2nd, 2017, 8:54 am

Kradmelder wrote:Hard work is not enough. When i repainted my house, did gutters etc i hired poor whites. They have no proper job. They work hard and you dont have the thievery and security risk you have with blacks.but they can only charge a market rate as unemployed workers are every where.a man needs a skill to reduce competition. And he needs to be good at it.
Indeed, but you never know what skill is actually going to pay at a given time. I have a good science degree that in the past would have guaranteed me social status and a good income, but it has been worse than useless. Just a decade ago, tradesmen were like gold dust and I wished there was a way to be one. Now they are mostly making less than me. This situation sucks. It contributes to degeneracy, since there is never any guarantee of reward for doing the right thing, so no real reason to do so. BTW, I’m currently doing web development work for free in exchange for training, in addition to my paid work, so don’t come at me with that You should be bettering yourself instead of complaining… bullshit. I’m doing what I can, but the tragedy that is the modern world should never have been allowed to happen.

User avatar
Zambales
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1518
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Zambales » May 2nd, 2017, 12:48 pm

yick wrote:
Zambales wrote:
A good academic education is of course an advantageous but not essential. Those of us who never received a high level of schooling can still make a good living by replacing it with drive & determination coupled with a rigorous work ethic. Look at the immigrants who come to the west with just the shirts on their backs. They can build a successful business by implementing these traits so why can't a lot of the homegrowns do the same?. That's the key nowadays. Put all your energy into your own venture, not somebody else's, because by tomorrow you could be surplus to requirements.
Hard work and determination need to be married up to skills in demand - if you don't have those, you're history.

There are no such thing as a 'job for life' anymore, I know lots of pure grafters getting hammered by the government because all there is for them is agency work.
I agree, but only if one intends working for somebody else for the rest of their life. Qualifications/skills aren't necessarily needed to go it alone - just a passion to succeed along with a good degree of smartness/business acumen (which I forgot to mention earlier). Alan Sugar and Richard Branson began their empires from selling. I don't know about Branson, but Sugar was no Einstein, academically.

User avatar
Zambales
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1518
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Zambales » May 2nd, 2017, 1:09 pm

Eric wrote:
Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes.
It's certainly a baseless way to judge a person. Wealthy individuals such as Kim Jong-Un and Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman are just two random examples. Man makes the money, money doesn't make the man. As they say.

It's similar to basing a woman on her looks alone or fawning over a pop singer just because they have a tremendous voice or can dance sexy. All superficial.

A rich man can still commit murder, fiddle with little kiddies, or f**k your woman behind your back but hey lets put him on a pedestal just because he drives a lamborghini.

Image

It just means how much acumen he has, how wise or clever. Honest work will not get you much money, it will get you other things ...you have to use your mind, to get money, it's a measure of how much you use your mind, which is a measure of how much a man you are.


Or could be. For example usury does not require hard work but, it gets you a lot of money and it is using your mind to solve a problem and accumulate wealth and income. It's actually a very smart strategy. You could debate the ethics somewhere else.
But being a real man is all about ethics - not how much money he has or how clever he is. This is the point I was trying to make. Those two individuals I mentioned should have struck a chord.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 2nd, 2017, 2:46 pm

yick wrote:
Adama wrote:Even if I had insulted Yick (which was certainly not my intention, for the nth time), is it necessary to go on, and on and on about it? Why not just let it go?


Because YOU don't get to decide when the conversation ends.
Someone IMPLIED an insult and that requires three pages of insults because of hurt feelings? Any person so easily offended might ask himself why he is so offended by an implied insult by someone he doesn't even know.
I was trying to get you to clarify a point you made which you still haven't done. Halfwit! :roll:
Not really. As I said, you could ask politely and as MrMan said with the benefit of the doubt given. Instead you issue forth railings, accusations, insults and all manner of verbal and spiritual death, revealing where your heart is. And I have explained it more than once, which you are not satisfied with despite the abundance of them. So really, you're just a person searching out conflict in every place. That's unfortunate for you. I've done nothing wrong here.

And apparently you do see this as some sort of sport or competition, even saying, "You don't get to decide when a conversation ends." I wonder what kind of person loves strife so much.

Some people don't seek peace. They seek violence.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News and Current Events”