Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 1st, 2017, 4:28 pm

Adama wrote:
yick wrote:
Adama wrote: Again, have you ever lived abroad? You could offer these viewpoints if you had.
As if whatever I answered wouldn't just be ammunition for more insults. It's better not to bother giving you information. Certain types of people only use information to smear the characters of others. Shameful. They are just seeking an occasion to destroy another person. You've already demonstrated that you're filled with unkindness.
All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America' :lol:




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 4:31 pm

for some reason you picked English teachers in Asia - just out of thin air instead of - I don't know - post men or bin men - though I am of the opinion all honest work carries dignity, whatever it is.
The problem is in your head. I never said a bad word about English teachers. I said they would have a different perspective on their countries and life than those who work on Wall St. The point being that they associate with different sorts of people, and that just because one person thinks one thing about their country, it may only pertain to them, because of their circumstances. None of that is an insult. You perceive it as an insult and as a direct attack on you. You never entered into my mind. Naturally everything that could even remotely apply to you must be about you, rather than just an example, and of course it must be negative rather than neutral.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

yick wrote:
Adama wrote:
yick wrote:
Adama wrote: Again, have you ever lived abroad? You could offer these viewpoints if you had.
As if whatever I answered wouldn't just be ammunition for more insults. It's better not to bother giving you information. Certain types of people only use information to smear the characters of others. Shameful. They are just seeking an occasion to destroy another person. You've already demonstrated that you're filled with unkindness.
All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America' :lol:

That's a negative mindset. I would not reveal personal information to people like you. You've already demonstrated that you're looking for an occasion to issue forth insults.

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 1st, 2017, 4:38 pm

Adama wrote:
for some reason you picked English teachers in Asia - just out of thin air instead of - I don't know - post men or bin men - though I am of the opinion all honest work carries dignity, whatever it is.
The problem is in your head. I never said a bad word about English teachers. I said they would have a different perspective on their countries and life than those who work on Wall St. The point being that they associate with different sorts of people, and that just because one person thinks one thing about their country, it may only pertain to them, because of their circumstances. None of that is an insult. You perceive it as an insult and as a direct attack on you. You never entered into my mind. Naturally everything that could even remotely apply to you must be about you, rather than just an example, and of course it must be negative rather than neutral.
The problem is you aren't anywhere near as smart as you think you are...

"There are different types of people wherever you go in any particular country (fine). For example, if you got a job on Wall St and became successful and began to hung out with Wall St types, you might come to a vastly different conclusion about American society than a man who works overseas in Thailand or China teaching English."

So basically, you were making a barbed comment about becoming successful in doing a certain job (working on wall street) and then got a polar opposite to your mind and you picked English teaching in Asia.

But even then, your argument falls apart because why would someone working in Wall Street who has never left America have more of a valued opinion than an English teacher who has lived in several countries?

What has their personal success got to do with anything?

Nothing, that's what.

You come on here chirping all the time, what do you do? Again, I bet it aint much. :lol:

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 1st, 2017, 4:40 pm

Adama wrote:
yick wrote:
Adama wrote:
yick wrote:
Adama wrote: Again, have you ever lived abroad? You could offer these viewpoints if you had.
As if whatever I answered wouldn't just be ammunition for more insults. It's better not to bother giving you information. Certain types of people only use information to smear the characters of others. Shameful. They are just seeking an occasion to destroy another person. You've already demonstrated that you're filled with unkindness.
All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America' :lol:

That's a negative mindset. I would not reveal personal information to people like you. You've already demonstrated that you're looking for an occasion to issue forth insults.
You don't have to tell me a thing, I KNOW by the way you write on here that you have been nowhere and done nothing. :D

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 4:50 pm

yick wrote:
Adama wrote:
for some reason you picked English teachers in Asia - just out of thin air instead of - I don't know - post men or bin men - though I am of the opinion all honest work carries dignity, whatever it is.
The problem is in your head. I never said a bad word about English teachers. I said they would have a different perspective on their countries and life than those who work on Wall St. The point being that they associate with different sorts of people, and that just because one person thinks one thing about their country, it may only pertain to them, because of their circumstances. None of that is an insult. You perceive it as an insult and as a direct attack on you. You never entered into my mind. Naturally everything that could even remotely apply to you must be about you, rather than just an example, and of course it must be negative rather than neutral.
The problem is you aren't anywhere near as smart as you think you are...

"There are different types of people wherever you go in any particular country (fine). For example, if you got a job on Wall St and became successful and began to hung out with Wall St types, you might come to a vastly different conclusion about American society than a man who works overseas in Thailand or China teaching English."

So basically, you were making a barbed comment about becoming successful in doing a certain job (working on wall street) and then got a polar opposite to your mind and you picked English teaching in Asia.

But even then, your argument falls apart because why would someone working in Wall Street who has never left America have more of a valued opinion than an English teacher who has lived in several countries?

What has their personal success got to do with anything?

Nothing, that's what.

You come on here chirping all the time, what do you do? Again, I bet it aint much. :lol:
No, that's just the way you want it to be. There's nothing wrong with teaching English overseas. That doesn't imply anything wrong with the person. It is just another field they have chosen.

A person teaching English overseas does have a different perspective than a doctor at home or a Wall St exec. Does that imply anything good about Wall St? Not to me. As I have said before, the measure of a man is not how much money he earns. Some others might subscribe to that mentality and therefore take offense.

My point was life experiences are different. But have it your way.

And even if I were insulting you, so what? You're going to ahead and rail against me because I might happen to dislike a field of work? That doesn't even make sense to go on a long tirade because I insulted something in your perception. You could just let it go.

And I make no claims of being smart or intelligent. You can insult my intelligence all you want.

All along here, I have not been the one issuing for insults. Who is the one who continues and abounds in insults? It is not me. I made one point which I have fully explained. Yet the explanation is not sufficient. And even my motivation is questioned and declared to be a veiled insult when I have explained it well enough.

So so sad.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1715
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Kradmelder » May 1st, 2017, 5:03 pm

Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes. Even then though, there are laws in the USA that if you have an unfortunate circumstance happen to you, they can take away that engineering license, that physician's license or even that license for the electrician or the plumber. They can even refuse to renew your driver's license.

And if they take away that means to earn that income, what is to come of that man then?

And also the cost of entry now is quite steep, because it goes to the $90,000 a year plus salaries of the instructors and the greater salary for the administrators of the colleges and universities. Unless your parents are willing to pay those bills, a graduate can come out of school $60,000 to $150,000 in debt just for the undergraduate degree.

I have met some unemployed engineer graduates. One guy I know finally got a job working as a surgeon's assistant (handing the instruments to the surgeon), which probably doesn't pay as much as he expected he would earn in this life.

And for some reason people in the upper class with their advanced degrees think they are exempt from adversity. They are not. They just think they are, because for now they have been relatively untouched. The working classes also went untouched. Somehow though, these people think they will be passed over, when they are already being targeted.
What a great mindset. Did you take miserable kunt to heart and want to clarify what one is?

No engineer must practice be may be disbarred. Ever heard of professional liability insurance? Guess not. It is not in the bible. No doctor must practice in case he gets a malpractice. No lawyer must practice or risk disbarment. No plumber must touch a pipe. I must not ride my bike as I may get caught and lose my licence. Why study? Anything can lead to failure. why study? I may end up unemployed.

Best I sit under a tree like a kaffir and do nothing but blame the world for my oppression. Why must I go to work tomorrow; i may lose my licence and make a mistake that gets me deregistered and I will lose everything. Best i stay home and blame everyone and wait for the end time. Prosperity gospel says I must hand it all over to the 'pastor' and blessings will come down.

No wonder everyone avoids you in real life. It makes sense now. They are not all evil or nasty and saying bad things about you because of satan. You are just a miserable kunt that no one wants to associate with. I bet you cannot keep friends.

so so pathetic.
Last edited by Kradmelder on May 1st, 2017, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 5:05 pm

  • All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America
  • you aren't anywhere near as smart as you think you are
  • You come on here chirping all the time,
  • what do you do? Again, I bet it aint much. :lol:
  • I KNOW by the way you write on here that you have been nowhere and done nothing
  • even you can contribute Adama - on the dole/welfare over there in America, living with mum.
  • you have a really feminine way of debating,
  • like an embittered lesbian.
  • You made a barbed, snidey, feminine attack
  • you argue like a woman.
All this over ONE perceived insult. That's just amazing to me.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 5:07 pm

Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes. Even then though, there are laws in the USA that if you have an unfortunate circumstance happen to you, they can take away that engineering license, that physician's license or even that license for the electrician or the plumber. They can even refuse to renew your driver's license.

And if they take away that means to earn that income, what is to come of that man then?

And also the cost of entry now is quite steep, because it goes to the $90,000 a year plus salaries of the instructors and the greater salary for the administrators of the colleges and universities. Unless your parents are willing to pay those bills, a graduate can come out of school $60,000 to $150,000 in debt just for the undergraduate degree.

I have met some unemployed engineer graduates. One guy I know finally got a job working as a surgeon's assistant (handing the instruments to the surgeon), which probably doesn't pay as much as he expected he would earn in this life.

And for some reason people in the upper class with their advanced degrees think they are exempt from adversity. They are not. They just think they are, because for now they have been relatively untouched. The working classes also went untouched. Somehow though, these people think they will be passed over, when they are already being targeted.
What a great mindset. Did you take miserable kunt to heart and want to clarify what one is?

No engineer must practice be may be disbarred. Ever heard of professional liability insurance? Guess not. It is not in the bible. No doctor must practice in case he gets a malpractice. No lawyer must practice or risk disbarment. No plumber must touch a pipe. I must not ride my bike as I may get caught and lose my licence. Why study? Anything can lead to failure. why study? I may end up unemployed.

Best I sit under a tree like a kaffir and do nothing but blame the world for my oppression. Why must I go to work tomorrow; i may lose my licence and make a mistake that gets me deregistered and I will lose everything. Best i stay home and blame everyone and wait for the end time. Prosperity gospel says I must hand it all over to the 'pastor' and blessings will come down.

No wonder everyone avoids you in real life. It makes sense now. They are not all evil or nasty and saying bad things about you because of satan. You are just a miserable kunt that no one wants to associate with. I bet you cannot keep friends.

so so pathetic.
It must be my stupidity but somehow I think you didn't understand what I said. And go ahead and call me miserable and that I cannot keep friends.

Eric
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1297
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Eric » May 1st, 2017, 5:12 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8oQ3TinTU[/youtube]
This is for everyone in this thread who wants to continue arguing like a bunch of morons.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6205
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Adama » May 1st, 2017, 5:17 pm

Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes. Even then though, there are laws in the USA that if you have an unfortunate circumstance happen to you, they can take away that engineering license, that physician's license or even that license for the electrician or the plumber. They can even refuse to renew your driver's license.

And if they take away that means to earn that income, what is to come of that man then?

And also the cost of entry now is quite steep, because it goes to the $90,000 a year plus salaries of the instructors and the greater salary for the administrators of the colleges and universities. Unless your parents are willing to pay those bills, a graduate can come out of school $60,000 to $150,000 in debt just for the undergraduate degree.

I have met some unemployed engineer graduates. One guy I know finally got a job working as a surgeon's assistant (handing the instruments to the surgeon), which probably doesn't pay as much as he expected he would earn in this life.

And for some reason people in the upper class with their advanced degrees think they are exempt from adversity. They are not. They just think they are, because for now they have been relatively untouched. The working classes also went untouched. Somehow though, these people think they will be passed over, when they are already being targeted.
What a great mindset. Did you take miserable kunt to heart and want to clarify what one is?

No engineer must practice be may be disbarred. Ever heard of professional liability insurance? Guess not. It is not in the bible. No doctor must practice in case he gets a malpractice. No lawyer must practice or risk disbarment. No plumber must touch a pipe. I must not ride my bike as I may get caught and lose my licence. Why study? Anything can lead to failure. why study? I may end up unemployed.

Best I sit under a tree like a kaffir and do nothing but blame the world for my oppression. Why must I go to work tomorrow; i may lose my licence and make a mistake that gets me deregistered and I will lose everything. Best i stay home and blame everyone and wait for the end time. Prosperity gospel says I must hand it all over to the 'pastor' and blessings will come down.

No wonder everyone avoids you in real life. It makes sense now. They are not all evil or nasty and saying bad things about you because of satan. You are just a miserable kunt that no one wants to associate with. I bet you cannot keep friends.

so so pathetic.
My point was that it can be taken away at any time. A child support judgment against a man in the USA can cause him to lose his professional licensure. That was not me saying Don't ever become a doctor. That was me saying that you may not escape and no one is exempt when his time comes. They can get to anyone. There is no amount of education or any type of job that will exempt a man from going down into poverty if something unfortunate happens to him.

Nothing to do with professional liability. Neither was I saying that men should not bother. The point was that just because you're in a great position now, tomorrow it may not be the case, and some things are outside of our control.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3306
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Okayama, JAPAN

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Yohan » May 1st, 2017, 5:20 pm

yick wrote: All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America' :lol:
I think, Adama had been outside of USA, but maybe not for long time and not for an overseas job. A long time ago he said he was visiting some places in Europe and Latin America. Maybe for vacation only or for a short stay as a volunteer, within a church charity organization or pilgrim or something like that.

He never offers any clear information about himself, except that he is a religious bigot, I often wonder why he is posting in this forum.
He never gives a clear answer to any question, just quoting something from the bible. Of course other members speculate about him, asking who is this guy?

I do not think Adama has been in Asia before, he knows nothing about Asian people and their way of life - I do not think he ever has been in Japan, South Korea, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia etc. Just my guess about him.

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 1st, 2017, 5:20 pm

Adama wrote: No, that's just the way you want it to be. There's nothing wrong with teaching English overseas. That doesn't imply anything wrong with the person. It is just another field they have chosen.

A person teaching English overseas does have a different perspective than a doctor at home or a Wall St exec. Does that imply anything good about Wall St? Not to me. As I have said before, the measure of a man is not how much money he earns. Some others might subscribe to that mentality and therefore take offense.
Except you did say so - you used the word successful and then used English teaching as a polar opposite in comparison. You can't even see what you have typed with your own hands.

And even if I were insulting you, so what? You're going to ahead and rail against me because I might happen to dislike a field of work?
Because you know nothing about it, it is based on ignorance and snobbishness you have no entitlement to.
And I make no claims of being smart or intelligent. You can insult my intelligence all you want.
Aw thanks. :lol:

yick
Junior Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by yick » May 1st, 2017, 5:25 pm

Yohan wrote:
yick wrote: All you had to say is 'No, I have never left America' :lol:
I think, Adama had been outside of USA, but maybe not for long time and not for an overseas job. A long time ago he said he was visiting some places in Europe and Latin America. Maybe for vacation only or for a short stay as a volunteer, within a church charity organization or pilgrim or something like that.

He never offers any clear information about himself, except that he is a religious bigot, I often wonder why he is posting in this forum.
He never gives a clear answer to any question, just quoting something from the bible. Of course other members speculate about him, asking who is this guy?

I do not think Adama has been in Asia before, he knows nothing about Asian people and their way of life - I do not think he ever has been in Japan, South Korea, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia etc. Just my guess about him.
I wonder why he is on here myself, Yohan - he certainly hasn't a clue about a good half of the subjects he pertains to have knowledge about.

And I think your guess is right regarding Asia, what he knows about life in Asia or teaching English there would fill the back of a very small stamp.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1715
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Completely Alone And Utterly Depressed

Post by Kradmelder » May 1st, 2017, 5:28 pm

Adama wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:For some reason people think the measure of a man is how much money he makes. Even then though, there are laws in the USA that if you have an unfortunate circumstance happen to you, they can take away that engineering license, that physician's license or even that license for the electrician or the plumber. They can even refuse to renew your driver's license.

And if they take away that means to earn that income, what is to come of that man then?

And also the cost of entry now is quite steep, because it goes to the $90,000 a year plus salaries of the instructors and the greater salary for the administrators of the colleges and universities. Unless your parents are willing to pay those bills, a graduate can come out of school $60,000 to $150,000 in debt just for the undergraduate degree.

I have met some unemployed engineer graduates. One guy I know finally got a job working as a surgeon's assistant (handing the instruments to the surgeon), which probably doesn't pay as much as he expected he would earn in this life.

And for some reason people in the upper class with their advanced degrees think they are exempt from adversity. They are not. They just think they are, because for now they have been relatively untouched. The working classes also went untouched. Somehow though, these people think they will be passed over, when they are already being targeted.


What a great mindset. Did you take miserable kunt to heart and want to clarify what one is?

No engineer must practice be may be disbarred. Ever heard of professional liability insurance? Guess not. It is not in the bible. No doctor must practice in case he gets a malpractice. No lawyer must practice or risk disbarment. No plumber must touch a pipe. I must not ride my bike as I may get caught and lose my licence. Why study? Anything can lead to failure. why study? I may end up unemployed.

Best I sit under a tree like a kaffir and do nothing but blame the world for my oppression. Why must I go to work tomorrow; i may lose my licence and make a mistake that gets me deregistered and I will lose everything. Best i stay home and blame everyone and wait for the end time. Prosperity gospel says I must hand it all over to the 'pastor' and blessings will come down.

No wonder everyone avoids you in real life. It makes sense now. They are not all evil or nasty and saying bad things about you because of satan. You are just a miserable kunt that no one wants to associate with. I bet you cannot keep friends.

so so pathetic.
My point was that it can be taken away at any time. A child support judgment against a man in the USA can cause him to lose his professional licensure. That was not me saying Don't ever become a doctor. That was me saying that you may not escape and no one is exempt when his time comes. They can get to anyone. There is no amount of education or any type of job that will exempt a man from going down into poverty if something unfortunate happens to him.

Nothing to do with professional liability. Neither was I saying that men should not bother. The point was that just because you're in a great position now, tomorrow it may not be the case, and some things are outside of our control.

Anything can be taken away. My life could be snuffed out tomorrow on my bike by a drunk or a darkie with no licence. Does it mean i should never ride?

The fact that something can be taken away does not change one iota the decision to want to do something with your life that you enjoy, that brings progress, and creates opportunity for your children. You can also get hit crossing the road.

What is the point of even considering such things?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News and Current Events”