Record Number of Adults in America are Unemployed

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Record Number of Adults in America are Unemployed

Post by jamesbond »

The real unemployment rate is between 22% and 30%. People who have given up looking for work or people who's unemployment benefits have run out, are not counted as being unemployed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KSyeTl5Yk[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Record Number of Adults in America are Unemployed

Post by Taco »

The idea that the US economy is doing well is just an illusion and has been since the 2008 financial crisis.

I suggest you find a job making robots...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
re85with
Freshman Poster

Post by re85with »

If you cannot find or keep a good job, create one.

That is what I am doing.

I highly recommend James Maverick, a popular blogger who has quit his job in California, has never looked back at America, and has been traveling around the world for 10 years. His blog address is: https://mavericktraveler.com/

Right now, he and his team are helping me build my dream online business.

I cannot wait for it to be done.
Please visit my and Elizabeth's YouTube channel "Foreign Chat Web" and subscribe, like, dislike, comment, share videos with others, etc. :D
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Indiana and Michigan are leading in the robot takeover of American jobs...

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Corporate profits have been soaring while employee wages crash. Just one more reason to leave America.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:Corporate profits have been soaring while employee wages crash. Just one more reason to leave America.
Wages in America have been stagnant since the 1970's and the cost of living has gone up astronomically since then. This is why it's so hard for Americans to make ends meet and it explains why so many people in the US are working two or three jobs at the same time!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This is only part of the picture, the immigration act of 1965 in concert with them off shoring all of our jobs is the final nails in the coffin....
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Moretorque wrote:This is only part of the picture, the immigration act of 1965 in concert with them off shoring all of our jobs is the final nails in the coffin....
The jobs report for last month came out and showed that the economy LOST 33,000 jobs in September, they were expecting an increase of 90,000 jobs. I realize the two hurricanes we had last month had a lot to do with the horrible jobs report but still this is the first time since September of 2010 that the economy actually lost jobs! :shock:

Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

jamesbond wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 10:30 am
Taco wrote:Corporate profits have been soaring while employee wages crash. Just one more reason to leave America.
Wages in America have been stagnant since the 1970's and the cost of living has gone up astronomically since then. This is why it's so hard for Americans to make ends meet and it explains why so many people in the US are working two or three jobs at the same time!
Actually, wages in America have been crashing downwards! In 1995, people could get by with one job working 40 hours a week. Today, people barely scrape by working 126 hours a week. Today, you would have to be making approximately $250.00 an hour or more to make ends meet with a single 40 hour a week job.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mercury wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 10:15 pm
jamesbond wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 10:30 am
Actually, wages in America have been crashing downwards! In 1995, people could get by with one job working 40 hours a week. Today, people barely scrape by working 126 hours a week. Today, you would have to be making approximately $250.00 an hour or more to make ends meet with a single 40 hour a week job.
While your concerns are usually somewhat genuine, you always exaggerate the problem to the nth degree. Why?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 12:00 am
While your concerns are usually somewhat genuine, you always exaggerate the problem to the nth degree. Why?
Not only that, but he posts too often. One trolling post every few days is okay, but not multiple per day. You should report him.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 1:17 am
Cornfed wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 12:00 am
Not only that, but he posts too often. One trolling post every few days is okay, but not multiple per day. You should report him.
He doesn't bother me terribly much. You report him if you want to.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Shemp wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 1:17 am

Like you think this is North Korea! Only a true North Korean who worships Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, Kim Jong-Un, and who adheres strictly to the Juche Philosophy and the laws of North Korea would accuse me of trolling! This is practically the last forum in cyberspace where the First Amendment of the United States Constitution is still in practice. The last thing we need is for this forum to become like the city-data forum which operates straight out of Pyongyang, and even the city-data forum administrator not only resides in Pyongyang (his profile falsely locates him in Illinois), but is also a relative of Kim Il-Sung!