Neil Diamond Retires From Touring After Parkinson’s Diagnosis

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neil Diamond Retires From Touring After Parkinson’s Diagnosis

Post by jamesbond »

Neil Diamond on Monday announced his retirement from touring, after a recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.

Concert dates in Australia and New Zealand that were set for March and April as part of Mr. Diamond’s 50th anniversary tour have been canceled.

“It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring,” Mr. Diamond said in a statement on his website. “I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years.”

Mr. Diamond, who turns 77 this week, said he planned to continue writing and recording music, but would no longer play to live audiences. As part of the anniversary tour, he had already performed concerts across the United States and Europe, including dates in New York; Nashville; London; and Hamburg, Germany, when he made the announcement.

Mr. Diamond, whose career spans six decades, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011. He will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at this year’s Grammys.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/arts ... nsons.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."