Millennial girls exchange rent for s*x

Discuss news and current events around the world.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Millennial girls exchange rent for s*x

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 12:24 am
OutWest wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 11:47 pm
No matter the woman's choices, she may regret it in the morning. Lets say that the man in question is her age but fat and kind of disgusting...what if the boyfriend she picked up to actually live with to get free rent, is totally useless in bed and has bad hygiene, but he is young and handsome...then that older landlord is handsome and in good shape but 47 years old...all of these nuances actually do enter in. So if you are older and handsome, the girls inner opinion of her self esteem is somehow measurable, so in that case it would be a criminal act but only a misdemeanor. If he was old, fat, ugly and bald, he would automatically be assumed to be guilty of a felony and sent up for hard tome and all his property would be forfeited for "self esteem crimes against the girl involved. If the girl says she actually enjoyed it, the man would still be automatically guilty but the girl would be sent away to a re-education camp to program her with the correct social feminist values. When you are going to make the minutia of human foibles and folly to be a matter of regulation by the state, you have already accepted totalitarianism, as most progressive leftists eagerly do.

A girls preferences may in fact change easily in any given month and I cannot count the times a girl confessed to me that she had done something for which she had no reason or explanation. Frankly, many of the 30 to 50 year old men I know in the US are not married to women who outweigh them and actually are quite repulsive- 250 lb cheese monsters with short hair and an attitude. Did you ever ask if he would prefer to have sex with someone around his own weight who he fancies or a grossly overweight woman he despises all in exchange for not getting taken to divorce court and totally hosed?
Perhaps you're coming from a US society point of view. If British society hasn't changed too dramatically since I left it in 2015, young Millennial women who might be amenable to these kinds or proposal from prospective landlords aren't all the 250 lb cheese monsters you describe. Many of them are pretty good looking, if anything because they have the gift of youth, and reasonably in shape. Many in these kinds of vulnerable stratum of society are probably foreign girls from places like Poland, Hungary or even Spain and Italy.

Having established that at least a majority of these women wouldn't exactly be desperate to f*ck a 50-something out-of-shape man just because he's got a spare room, I may agree on your regret argument, but only for a single, one-off night. An arrangement like this would be probably extending over a period of several weeks to several months, perhaps longer if the girl is comfortable with it.

Like I said, if the landlord is mature but in shape and, let's throw that in, wealthy enough so that he doesn't need the rental income from the room or the whole flat, then the relationship would become more that of a sugar babe/sugar daddy. That is a case of a girl who made a deliberate choice, although not one dictated by desperation but a hedonistic one: living in a very nice place in the center of town, getting free food and gifts and occasional travel, all the bells & whistles, etc.

Anything less than that, I am afraid young Emma having free sex with Mr Landlord is just an adult fantasy, nothing more...

Some of you are calling women slutty and hypocritical but, truth be told, any woman - and any man for that matter - should be exercising the freedom to have sex with anyone they fancy, and refusing sex to those they do not, even - I would say especially - if it's a transaction and they are not up to it at all.

I am not making any pro or anti-feminist arguments here and surely don't advocate sending the few women who might fall for the rent-for-sex arrangement to feminist bootcamp for a catch-up. I am just agreeing with the BBC that being made this kind or proposal, out of the blue, by a man who knows or sense the position of financial vulnerability the prospective tenant is in - whether a woman or man it doesn't matter - is degrading and in some case might lead to a police report being filed.

The real totalitarian entity, OW, is a state or local government that allows for house prices of a large UK city to shoot up to the stars, knowing full well those wealthies who are happy to pay a million pounds for a 50 sqm run-down flat in Edgware Road are lifting every rental and for sale property in the area.

You missed my point...it is paraody...role reversal...you also seem to have no real idea of the essence of totalitarianism. It always wants to manage the minutia, the TOTAL of your life. "Allowing" high housing prices may be annoying, but it has only a little to do with totalitarianism except that in a place like London, there is probably good reason to suspect that a good percentage of the housing scarcity that drives prices is in fact created by various government edicts that restrict new construction or make it exceedingly expensive to pursue.
AkitaMan
Freshman Poster

Post by AkitaMan »

Are things so bad in the UK, or at least the part of the UK that the article focuses on, that putting out for landlords is the only way these people can survive?

I doubt it's as rampant a victimization of Millennial women as the article implies. Surely, there are some people who have fallen on such hard times that submitting to exploitation is a matter of survival. But I suspect that if you questioned some women who have gone this route (not necessarily the women in the article or video), you'll find gaping holes in their decision-making. That doesn't mean it was okay for the landlords to bring sex into the rental agreement, but that some women made decisions that put them in this position. For example, maybe some could have gone back to their parents' home, but chose not to because they thought they could land a higher status man if they appeared to be independent.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

AkitaMan wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 11:55 am
Are things so bad in the UK, or at least the part of the UK that the article focuses on, that putting out for landlords is the only way these people can survive?

I doubt it's as rampant a victimization of Millennial women as the article implies. Surely, there are some people who have fallen on such hard times that submitting to exploitation is a matter of survival. But I suspect that if you questioned some women who have gone this route (not necessarily the women in the article or video), you'll find gaping holes in their decision-making. That doesn't mean it was okay for the landlords to bring sex into the rental agreement, but that some women made decisions that put them in this position. For example, maybe some could have gone back to their parents' home, but chose not to because they thought they could land a higher status man if they appeared to be independent.
The phenomenon is there. London and the other big cities (Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow etc.) is full of such "dodgy landlords", as they call them. No rental contract, no bills on your name, just cash under the table and, for a young girl with something to give a dirty old man, all bets are off!

I wouldn't say that "some women made decision that put them in this position". Big UK cities are really expensive to live in, London in particular. There are hundreds of thousands of young people, men and women alike, who can only get a barista job paying £1,500 a month with extras. A single room in London can easily cost more than half of that. The decision is perhaps for the Polish or Spanish girl not to look for a higher-profile job but more often that not it's not a matter of choice: they might not have the level of English proficiency needed, or the qualifications, or both.

All in all, one more stark reminder of why oh why I left London and the rat race.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 8:02 pm
AkitaMan wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 11:55 am

The phenomenon is there. London and the other big cities (Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow etc.) is full of such "dodgy landlords", as they call them. No rental contract, no bills on your name, just cash under the table and, for a young girl with something to give a dirty old man, all bets are off!

I wouldn't say that "some women made decision that put them in this position". Big UK cities are really expensive to live in, London in particular. There are hundreds of thousands of young people, men and women alike, who can only get a barista job paying £1,500 a month with extras. A single room in London can easily cost more than half of that. The decision is perhaps for the Polish or Spanish girl not to look for a higher-profile job but more often that not it's not a matter of choice: they might not have the level of English proficiency needed, or the qualifications, or both.

All in all, one more stark reminder of why oh why I left London and the rat race.
So I am guessing that the primary scam is that officially the flat sat empty as far as the tax man is concerned...