51% Of All Americans Make Less Than $30,000 A Year

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

51% Of All Americans Make Less Than $30,000 A Year

Post by jamesbond »

We just got more evidence that the middle class in America is dying. According to brand new numbers that were just released by the Social Security Administration, 51 percent of all workers in the United States make less than $30,000 a year. Let that number sink in for a moment. You can’t support a middle class family in America today on just $2,500 a month – especially after taxes are taken out.

And yet more than half of all workers in this country make less than that each month. In order to have a thriving middle class, you have got to have an economy that produces lots of middle class jobs, and that simply is not happening in America today.

-38 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000 last year.

-51 percent of all American workers made less than $30,000 last year.

-62 percent of all American workers made less than $40,000 last year.

-71 percent of all American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

That first number is truly staggering. The federal poverty level for a family of five is $28,410, and yet almost 40 percent of all American workers do not even bring in $20,000 a year.

About a quarter of the country actually has a negative net worth right now. What that means is that if you have no debt and you also have ten dollars in your pocket that gives you a greater net worth than about 25 percent of the entire country.

http://washingtonsblog.com/2015/10/good ... -year.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 51% Of All Americans Make Less Than $30,000 A Year

Post by Adama »

71 percent of people make less than $50K? That just proves that relationships are not about money, because most men don't have money.

I've found that making more money, if it involves working for the man, is simply not worth it. More money means greater risk for management, which boils down to terrible workplace pressure. Add in that many coworkers and bosses are sociopaths who enjoy threatening their subordinates with termination, and who enjoy writing up others; and that many people enjoy workplace backstabbing and mischief, working for the man is simply not worth the effort involved.

God has given me lots of money, without me having to slave away for the man for it. Now I live in Manhattan, without welfare. Thanksgiving to Lord Christ!
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

How'd you/He do it, Adama? And why Manhattan? Will understand if you don't care to share.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

gsjackson wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 12:30 pm
How'd you/He do it, Adama? And why Manhattan? Will understand if you don't care to share.
I would like to share. Unfortunately I cannot. I've learned from experience that certain things, people must learn for themselves. It's all there in the Bible.

There are churches everywhere, although I'm somewhat picky.

Many Christian fundamentalists think cities are bad things, because they think of Lot and his struggles. But really, cities are good things. There's more opportunity in a large city than the countryside somewhere.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

This is the result of the American workforce having no bargaining power with their employers. The average American hates unions and was happy to see them go, but now there is no one demanding decent wages and better working conditions from our bloated employers.

The problem is exacerbated by the American cutthroat mentality. Your coworkers are trying to compete with you to get ahead instead of trying to join together and demand better wages to get ahead. People think they're making themselves look better to the boss by trash-talking each other, working through their lunch breaks and time off, and not demanding pay or benefits they know they deserve. The reality is this doesn't make the boss think more of you. He thinks, "I have a bunch of monkeys who'll keep dancing for the hope of a banana. I'm so lucky! I'll never give this up!" This is why there won't be another worker revolution anytime soon.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

CB8 wrote:
April 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm
This is the result of the American workforce having no bargaining power with their employers. The average American hates unions and was happy to see them go, but now there is no one demanding decent wages and better working conditions from our bloated employers.

The problem is exacerbated by the American cutthroat mentality. Your coworkers are trying to compete with you to get ahead instead of trying to join together and demand better wages to get ahead. People think they're making themselves look better to the boss by trash-talking each other, working through their lunch breaks and time off, and not demanding pay or benefits they know they deserve. The reality is this doesn't make the boss think more of you. He thinks, "I have a bunch of monkeys who'll keep dancing for the hope of a banana. I'm so lucky! I'll never give this up!" This is why there won't be another worker revolution anytime soon.
Excellent points, check out this video where it gives the startling statistic that in 1970 the average American worked 35 hrs. a week and made $58,000 a year (in today's money). Today, the average American works 46 hrs. a week and makes $51,000 a year. So we are working more hours and making less money than we did back in 1970.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

How do they adjust for inflation? Do they use the CPi?

She says we all work for giant corporations, but she also said 40 M people work for corporations with more than 10,000 employees.

She teaches bad work ethics-- only suckers work hard at corporate jobs. if you take the job, you should work hard and fulfill your end of the obligation. If you don't want to do that, then don't take the job. Work until you can do your own thing, and then you can get others to work for you.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This video goes into more detail and shows that 40% of all Americans make less than $20,000 a year! :shock:

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jamesbond wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 10:58 pm
.....in 1970 the average American worked 35 hrs. a week and made $58,000 a year (in today's money). Today, the average American works 46 hrs. a week and makes $51,000 a year. So we are working more hours and making less money than we did back in 1970.
It is not only about USA comparing its present situation with its past, but we should compare USA with other countries worldwide.

When I arrived in Japan, it was a very poor country and 1 USD was about 360 yen, later on down to 250 yen, and now 1 USD is merely 109 yen.

USA was horrible expensive for a Japanese tourist, today US-citizens are saying the same about Japan.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

When are you clowns going to figure out the credit monopoly has engineered all this on purpose, go read the 10 planks of the Mr. Wu manifesto.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mike Malloy goes into more detail on the the fact that 51% of Americans make less than $30,00 a year.

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 4:56 am
Mike Malloy goes into more detail on the the fact that 51% of Americans make less than $30,00 a year.

Interesting but a very sad video!!!