The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by jamesbond »

The U.S. Census surveys per capita income every 10 years. It provides a revised estimate every September. The Census calculates it by taking the total income for the previous year for everyone 15 years and older.

It then provides the median average of that data. The median is the point where 50 percent of all individuals are above, and 50 percent are below. In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.

https://www.thebalance.com/income-per-c ... cs-3305852
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama »

jamesbond wrote:
May 14th, 2018, 5:31 am
The U.S. Census surveys per capita income every 10 years. It provides a revised estimate every September. The Census calculates it by taking the total income for the previous year for everyone 15 years and older.

It then provides the median average of that data. The median is the point where 50 percent of all individuals are above, and 50 percent are below. In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.

https://www.thebalance.com/income-per-c ... cs-3305852
That makes the whole idea that women only go for rich men seem less likely.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Well working and earning money is better than sitting on a park bench all day Adama.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Here's another interesting quote from another article on that site:
The median wealth of those younger than 35 is just $6,676. The median wealth for those older than 75 is $155,714. Here's the complete breakout by age group:
Age Range Median Wealth
< 35 $6,676
35-44 $35,000
45-54 $84,542
55-64 $143,964
65-69 $194,226
70-74 $181,078
75 or > $155,714

https://www.thebalance.com/american-net ... an-4135839

This also makes it harder to believe that there are even very many men in the states who have money. So who are all the women who love money going after?

I know that lots of women love money, but I am really starting to think that it is mostly a myth that women in general go after money. This kind of myth probably is generated by people who lack success with women who wildly speculate based on lack of knowledge. Because if any of this were true, probably most people who are alive today would have never been born, because their mothers would not have gone with their fathers.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Adama wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 10:25 am
Here's another interesting quote from another article on that site:
The median wealth of those younger than 35 is just $6,676. The median wealth for those older than 75 is $155,714. Here's the complete breakout by age group:
Age Range Median Wealth
< 35 $6,676
35-44 $35,000
45-54 $84,542
55-64 $143,964
65-69 $194,226
70-74 $181,078
75 or > $155,714

https://www.thebalance.com/american-net ... an-4135839

This also makes it harder to believe that there are even very many men in the states who have money. So who are all the women who love money going after?

I know that lots of women love money, but I am really starting to think that it is mostly a myth that women in general go after money. This kind of myth probably is generated by people who lack success with women who wildly speculate based on lack of knowledge. Because if any of this were true, probably most people who are alive today would have never been born, because their mothers would not have gone with their fathers.
You are right. The convictions of those who are better in failure often have little connection to real causation.
BTW, per capita income is far different than a number for average compensation of someone working. Those are two distinct sets, one being a subset of the other.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Thank you for that, Outwest. Good information.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

and yet the average retard American still thinks HO HURR America is the best, land of the free! MUH FREEDUMBS!

Post by Adama »

It might still rank higher than other places, seeing as the reason they want to come here, is because they can make higher wages here.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 11:26 am
It might still rank higher than other places, seeing as the reason they want to come here, is because they can make higher wages here.
Internationally seen, considering the GNI/capita/PPP, (the income per person and purchasing power parity), calculated by the World Bank every month, USA is about the # 20 out of more than 200 countries - a fairly good position.
Income might be not so high, but expenses for daily needs are often cheaper than elsewhere (for example Switzerland).

However most of these few countries doing better or similar compared to USA are either small (Singapore), very cold climate, little population (Norway), Islamic (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) rather restrictive (Japan) etc.

For sure USA is still a good destination for immigrants, it's less about income and expenses, but about its large size and high population with many ethnic groups.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Yohan wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 12:13 pm
Adama wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 11:26 am
Internationally seen, considering the GNI/capita/PPP, (the income per person and purchasing power parity), calculated by the World Bank every month, USA is about the # 20 out of more than 200 countries - a fairly good position.
Income might be not so high, but expenses for daily needs are often cheaper than elsewhere (for example Switzerland).

However most of these few countries doing better or similar compared to USA are either small (Singapore), very cold climate, little population (Norway), Islamic (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) rather restrictive (Japan) etc.

For sure USA is still a good destination for immigrants, it's less about income and expenses, but about its large size and high population with many ethnic groups.
one thing i have noticed is that food is a lot cheaper in America than in Asia. In Taco Bell in Asia, a taco will cost you like 1.50 whereas in America the same would cost like 50 cents.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:22 am
one thing i have noticed is that food is a lot cheaper in America than in Asia. In Taco Bell in Asia, a taco will cost you like 1.50 whereas in America the same would cost like 50 cents.
Say what? Well, it's been a long time since I've been in Asia. Has this changed?
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 5:09 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:22 am
Say what? Well, it's been a long time since I've been in Asia. Has this changed?
basically food is expensive outside of America. It's amazing how you can get a f***ing double meat hamburger for 1 dollar in America, whereas in Asia that same item would cost like 3 to 5 dollars.

Post by Mercury »

jamesbond wrote:
May 14th, 2018, 5:31 am
In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.
And American women, being the spoiled brats they are, expect their man to make no less than ten times that amount annually!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

They've really made it so everyone needs a partner to be able to afford a place to live. It takes two hardworking people (or more) to be able to afford most places to live.

Yahoo news just created an article, describing how much a household must make minimum per hour, to be able to afford to rent in each state. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hourly-w ... 00031.html
NJ is $27 per hour, NY is $28 per hour. FL $20 per hour. VA $23. CA $30. HI $35.

Is the average American only makes $33,000 a year, that means at least two people are needed. But relationships are not so easy to come by. What then?
thighlander
Freshman Poster

Post by thighlander »

It is tough in the high COL areas, but so few can think outside the box. Pittsburgh is pretty cool, and for a fraction of DC area, I would take it any day. Great universities, great food, great medical....Look at Dayton, OH, birthplace of aviation. Sorry kids but your first home purchase isn't going to be a s single family home, in a high value area...And once you see how much is On offer in the secondary cities, you won't feel like returning.