16+ years in prison for dine and dash dating scam?

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

16+ years in prison for dine and dash dating scam?

Post by Zambales »

Ridiculous.

OK so he left his dates to pay for the meal on eight different occasions but a potential sentence of 16+ years in prison? :shock:

https://ktvq.com/news/crime-watch/2018/ ... date-scam/
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 16+ years in prison for dine and dash dating scam?

Post by Yohan »

Women are cheating men all the time when it is about lunch/dinner dating.
However the article is not very informative, there were other reports about this case out on the internet, and this guy is a 'professional bilk' - it's not only about these women, he was also cheating a barbar shop and has previous convictions.

Of course, a possible conviction of 16 years jail is by far over the top. I also fail how he can be accused of 'extortion'. I would say, what he did is somehow similar to shoplifting....

The woman is responsible to pay for her own consumption, he is only responsible for what he was ordering for himself.

We can learn however about such a situation, check out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... meals.html
I was a 'dinner whore': Confessions of a fashionista who cruised Craigslist and OKCupid for dates just so she could get free meals

Women get rarely (or never?) charged for cheating men....

If you meet a woman for the first time, always go only to a moderate coffee shop or family restaurant etc.
If she is refusing that and insists on expensive dinner show restaurants, forget about her.
Also make clear about who pays for the consumption bills before entering the restaurant and tell the waiter, you need two bills.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

16 years is understandable given the fact that the victims were all members of the master race, the Western woman. Why this continues to baffle people is baffling.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I thought the master race was the black women....
Time to Hide!
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Yohan wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 10:54 am
Also make clear about who pays for the consumption bills before entering the restaurant and tell the waiter, you need two bills.
YES. This is exactly what I tell my friends to do.
As for places like buffets where you stand in a line to the cashier, make sure you go in front of her and pay for yours. "Ladies First" can kiss your ass.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

So he is looking at 16 years for basically acting like a normal woman. So much for equality.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If you ask someone else out for a meal, you should pay unless you specify otherwise when you make the invitation. Why don't most Americans understand this?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 2:53 pm
If you ask someone else out for a meal, you should pay unless you specify otherwise when you make the invitation. Why don't most Americans understand this?
I am not from USA, but this question is somehow a 'grey-zone'. Yes... or NO?

I do not think, that a person who is suggesting a meeting is automatically due to pay all expenses.

If I say to a person I met only online and who is living not far away from my place but I never met personally during internet-chat something like 'what about meeting face to face?' 'let's go to a restaurant for lunch or coffee shop' is this an 'invitation'? I think, it is an invitation.

However how does this mean I have to pay for both of us?

I think, the best solution is to clear up this question BEFORE meeting personally, also in what price category this restaurant might be - and if we agree, we pay for our own consumption out of our own wallet, it should be also clearly said to the waiter to be aware to prepare 2 bills.

I also think, this question 'who pays' has not really anything to do about what kind of meeting this might be - private dating with an unknown person, meeting with relatives or friends, or business-related meetings...also I see no reason why men should given the 'priority' to pay for bills because the other person facing me is a woman.

Some women and not so few of them - despite they claim to be strong independent Western women - expect men to pay for everything while dating - it is not only about expensive dinner/shows, but also about offering some expensive gift when meeting the first time and pay for their taxi bill etc. etc. - and later on to pay for their student loans, ask for payment of travel expenses - I met a Western woman (long time ago, while I was still stupid) who was asking me to buy her a private horse - a true gentleman who likes her would not hesitate to do so, she told me....

Note: WARNING! If you pay one time for HER, she expects you to pay from that moment on for all and everything what she is asking for....this is the lesson I learnt quickly...while living still in Europe and not in Northern America.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 1:55 am
If I say to a person I met only online and who is living not far away from my place but I never met personally during internet-chat something like 'what about meeting face to face?' 'let's go to a restaurant for lunch or coffee shop' is this an 'invitation'? I think, it is an invitation.
I spent quite a bit of time in Indonesia, where if you say, "Let's go to X restaurant' you pay for it. It makes perfect sense. This is a broken part of US culture. It's okay if you announce it and let people know up front they have to pay. But if suggest the venue (especially if it is expensive) then invite the other person to meet you there, you are the host and the other person is the guest. They can offer to pay, but the inviter should have the obligation.
I think, the best solution is to clear up this question BEFORE meeting personally, also in what price category this restaurant might be - and if we agree, we pay for our own consumption out of our own wallet, it should be also clearly said to the waiter to be aware to prepare 2 bills.
That's fine, too. But socially uncomfortable. So unless you are unemployed or a poor student or something like that, inviting and paying makes more sense.
Some women and not so few of them - despite they claim to be strong independent Western women - expect men to pay for everything while dating - it is not only about expensive dinner/shows, but also about offering some expensive gift when meeting the first time and pay for their taxi bill etc. etc. - and later on to pay for their student loans, ask for payment of travel expenses
The type of women to avoid. I did pay for stuff when my wife and I were dating. She was a student and I was working overseas making more money as an English teacher than some middle level managers on local salaries were making after the monetary crisis. Prices were cheap. I knew she couldn't buy anything. I gave her money for stuff, too. But I volunteered, and she tried to decline, tried to get us to go to cheaper restaurants, suggested not talking on the phone too much so as not to run up my bill.
- I met a Western woman (long time ago, while I was still stupid) who was asking me to buy her a private horse - a true gentleman who likes her would not hesitate to do so, she told me....
I can think of a retort to that that I probably would not actually say, "Only a true prostitute would ask." Gold digger might be a better word.
Note: WARNING! If you pay one time for HER, she expects you to pay from that moment on for all and everything what she is asking for....this is the lesson I learnt quickly...while living still in Europe and not in Northern America.
I believe the man has a responsibility to be the provider in marriage. I dated women who had lower income than I did-- students and women working on developing-world salaries. So I did not mind paying. If a woman is looking for a traditional arrangement-- which could come with other benefits (that she believes in submitting to and respecting her man), she may expect the man to pay. If you are looking for someone to marry and submission and respect comes with the package, paying may be a fair trade-off. Sharing the bills implies egalitarianism, 'equality'. IMO, women are happier, calmer, and easier to get along with in the marriage relationship when they accept that the man is in charge and worthy of respect. The girl looking for that arrangement may be disappointed with splitting the bills. That is rarer in Europe than in some other regions of the world, I suppose.