Filipinos surveyed rank America low in social life

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Filipinos surveyed rank America low in social life

Post by Winston »

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/181598/whic ... pats-favor

The US, where there are an estimated 2.8 million Filipinos of which nearly 90 percent are permanent residents (2.5 million), had an overall rank of eight. While it topped three criteria –learning the local language, clothing, and household goods - the US had its worst rankings in criteria such as “social life" (22nd) and “organizing one’s healthcare" (24th).
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Strange. I thought it would be first. Filipinos are generally well liked in the USA and are accepted in all areas of society. They also as a rule adore America and Americans and readily mingle with the US population. It is other, non English speaking, non Christian people that have a harder time.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In California, I've had close male Filipino friends who had the same hellish time with the dating scene that I did. One even called me everyday on the phone about this girl he liked in my neighborhood who did not return his love. I had a crush on her too. It was an interesting triangle. I never felt so helpless in my life. It's like girls were forbidden territory. I felt like I had as much of a chance of getting a date with a girl during those days, as I had of getting into Area 51. lol

Even if you are liked or considered attractive, the fact that there is no human connection in America will be felt by all. It's not about how you are treated, it's something you can see everywhere in the mass public. That does not make for a natural social life.

Even if you have a clique of friends, you can still feel that it is unnatural to try to meet people, and that your interactions are limited strictly within the clique. Being well liked by others does not change this.

Filipinos here in the Philippines tell me that their US relatives, when they come home, act arrogant, snobby and grumpy, and do not seem that happy.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It's not just asian men who are having a hard time meeting women in the US, it's all men. Getting a date with a woman in America is like trying to win an event in the olympics! lol :lol: It does seem unnatural approaching women in the US (like at bookstores, grocery stores, shopping malls). I guess your supposed to mind your own business when you are in public in the US. Don't talk to strangers seems to be the unwritten rule in America.

This is where, if you have friends who can introduce you to a woman then you have a better chance of meeting women in the US. The problem is, you have to wait until your friends introduce you to someone and you have to like the person your friends introduced you to, and the person has to like you. I read a survey that said 78% of women in the US would prefer to meet a guy through their friends, because they feel that's the safest way to meet a guy. The other alternative is going to bars and clubs to try and meet women (good luck with that).

I read an article on the internet that said only 5 to 10% of men in America are dating and having sex with lot's of women. That sounds about right. Most guys I know are either going out with nobody or they hold onto their girlfriends for dear life (even if their girlfriends are fat or ugly). The fact that single men outnumber single women by one million in the 18 to 34 age bracket doesn't help men at all. Add to that, 50% of women in the US are overweight and 33% are obese! It's not a pretty dating scene for men in the USA. :shock:

ImageImage