Middle class in USA being systematically destroyed....

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

ladislav wrote:
Master wrote:
ladislav wrote:
The idea of living in a poor country doesn't sound so bad after all! Hell, at least in a poor country (like the Philippines, Mexico) the women will be friendlier and easier to meet!
And $12.50 a day will pay for your rent, utilities and food.

where do you get the money to get laid then?
You teach online. That is what I am doing.

ive considered and thought of doing research about this but I just think its a scam. Could you give me some info on how this is done and if it is worth it?

I think you need skape and a webcam or something. i am not sure. This is a bit too odd for me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

globetrotter wrote:Lots of indicators.

One hour of cybercafe internet access costs 30¢ in Rural China.

One.Hour. USA Kinko's is now $15 DOLLARS for one hour. Madness.

Do you earn 50 X as much in the USA?

That is the top figure you will see. 50 times. Bottom can be as low as 5 X for a car that's 4k in China and 20k in USA.

Lunch will cost me 90¢. I am trying to lose weight so I won't eat another meal today. When was the last time you ate for $27 A MONTH? If I went to a very nice restaurant it would cost me 40 Yuan, $6. In many countries around the world it is much cheaper and much healthier to eat out every day. In America it is much cheaper and much healthier to eat at home.

these are the subjects i mean when i talk about teaching abroad and trying to find out whats the best place to teach in terms of girls and this. But i guess nobody really knows. by that figure i think china could win easily hands down but the quality of life appears not to be so good. So i guess the best thing would be to find a middle ground.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

ive considered and thought of doing research about this but I just think its a scam. Could you give me some info on how this is done and if it is worth it?

I think you need skape and a webcam or something. i am not sure. This is a bit too odd for me.
Why would that be a scam? It is called distance learning. No one charges you any money, they pay you! Just google online ESL teacher wanted/online English instructors wanted. Get Skype and Paypal and a resume with some ESL experience and you are in business.
Last edited by ladislav on August 2nd, 2010, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

these are the subjects i mean when i talk about teaching abroad and trying to find out whats the best place to teach in terms of girls and this. But i guess nobody really knows. by that figure i think china could win easily hands down but the quality of life appears not to be so good. So i guess the best thing would be to find a middle ground.
Japan is a middle ground and so is Korea. People who go there all get Gfs. Korea has apparently changed a lot in a good way. No problem. As far as the quality of life, there is always some big fly in the ointment everywhere you go. Sacrifices, thick skin and adaptability are required.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Master wrote: these are the subjects i mean when i talk about teaching abroad and trying to find out whats the best place to teach in terms of girls and this. But i guess nobody really knows. by that figure i think china could win easily hands down but the quality of life appears not to be so good. So i guess the best thing would be to find a middle ground.
It seems like on this site, the Philippines has always been considered the easiest place to date women.

Ladislav's new post about Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan is also quite interesting if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... an&start=0
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Jackal wrote:
globetrotter wrote: ...Once you do this you find out a stunning fact:

The United States of America is, for the average Joe, a nation with a median income of $16,000 to $22,000 depending on population, the recent downturn, illegal immigrants and other mitigating factors. If you are an average guy the USA is like living in Israel or Mexico.
If you want to go even deeper, you could also create create some kind of ratio between the median income in a country and the average cost of living in a country to get some idea of the actual buying power you have with a given amount of money in each country--this is tricky to do and I haven't found any free sites which compare the costs of living of different countries in a systematic and mathematical way.

But it's obvious to see that $16000 goes a lot further in poorer countries.

I'll use the simple "beer indicator." Buying a local brand of beer in a bar in Eastern Europe costs somewhere between 1 and 2 USD. In the US, buying a local brand of beer in a bar costs what these days? 5 or 6 USD?
There's also the "Big Mac Index" you can use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index