The Unselfishness Trap - Logical Arguments for Selfishness

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Unselfishness Trap - Logical Arguments for Selfishness

Post by Winston »

Here is Harry Browne in a speech talking about The Unselfishness Trap and other Anti-Freedom Traps in society, that tell you that it's wrong to serve yourself and that you should only serve others, which everyone pays lip service to, but no one actually does in reality. It also goes against our innate instinct for survival and self-preservation, hence societal morality becomes out enemy.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Unselfishness Trap - Logical Arguments for Selfishne

Post by Winston »

The female philosopher Ayn Rand also made a strong case against the unselfishness trap in her book "The Virtue of Selfishness". It makes a lot of sense. She debunks the "selfish = bad/evil/wrong, unselfish = good/right" simplistic dichotomy that society teaches and why it's not true or rational or realistic. She explains why such a concept turns morality into the enemy of mankind by going against his survival instinct and self-preservation instinct, which is not a good thing of course and creates artificial conflict. Her arguments are very logical and rational and make sense. Here is a link where you can download her book in multiple formats.

https://archive.org/details/AynRandTheV ... elfishness
Ayn Rand here sets forth the moral principles of Objectivism, the philosophy that holds human life -- the life proper to a rational being -- as the standard of moral values and regards altruism as incompatible with man's nature, with the creative requirements of his survival, and with a free society.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a video clip where Ayn Rand is explaining to a skeptical Donahue about why selfishness is a virtue and unselfishness is an immoral trap. Donahue's libtard brain seems to look confused as her logic. lol

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 2:30 am
Here is a video clip where Ayn Rand is explaining to a skeptical Donahue about why selfishness is a virtue and unselfishness is an immoral trap.
Look, it is quite simple. Jews like Ayn Rand promote selfishness among non-jews so they can single us out as individuals, gang up on us and win by default. Ayn Rand is just another racist Talmudic Jew.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

The problem with small minded individuals like Rand is that they only see things from their own perspective. I wonder if she'd label selfishness a virtue if her own husband was selfish enough to cheat on her or steal from her? What if she was a man and got divorce raped?

Wasn't the hypocrite opposed to the Social Security system too, despite receiving handouts?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Indian guru explains why being generous and giving things to people may ruin their life.

-Almost everyone is deprived of something or the other.
-simply giving somebody something is Dangerous
-the trouble that one can get into just by giving indiscriminately
-If not ready,If you receive something the great gift may become a great curse.
-both the giver and the receiver can be in a lot of trouble simply by giving something or by receiving something for which they are not ready.
-Misplaced compassion always comes from your ego;
-Genuine compassion is possible, when there is nothing to fulfill in you, you are just doing what is needed.
-An un-evolved person, if you give him something, you will only overburden him. You will only destroy his life.
-gift a ton of gold to an ant, it will only crush the ant.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

If someone gave me everything I wanted, I would be happy for my life. I am very unhappy because I wasn't ever given anything included not being given the opportunity to earn anything... that's really why I hate America so much. It lied to me. Talking about opportunity, freedom, and the ability to choose a career. It was all lies.

If I gave a stray cat tuna everyday, it would improve the cat's life.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑