How to Be Free and Conscious in a Society of Enslavement and Fear

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

You need a better background or backdrop. Setup the computer and camera in another part of the house where the background is a white wall. Or, you can hang some solid colored sheets behind you. Being in more indirect lighting (it's too dark).

==================================

School grades matter if:
- You're attending school on scholarship or getting reimbursed (i.e. from your employer)
- You plan to apply for scholarships, fellowships, or grants to study (or research) abroad
- You want to apply for study abroad program (undergrad, grad)
etc.

If you have good grades and learned foreign languages well, you can apply for scholarships to study abroad. That is, someone else will pay you to fly to another country, live there, and attend school. There are grants, scholarships, fellowships, and all kinds of free money avail -- but not for those with poor academic performance.

Examples:
http://www.internationalscholarships.com/
http://www.galpinsociety.org/grant.htm
http://www.jlsf-aurora.org/
http://www.studyincanada.ualberta.ca/en ... China.aspx
http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/newsdetaile ... 66&id=1448
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2012- ... 143855.htm

International students' scholarships to increase
Updated: 2012-04-26 08:11
By Cheng Yingqi (China Daily)

China's education authority will increase scholarships for international students in the coming school year, an official said on April 25.

The Chinese Government Scholarship Program, established by the Ministry of Education, provides both full and partial scholarships to international students and scholars studying in China.

"In the school year from 2012 to 2013, the scholarship investment will at least be 1.5 billion yuan ($238 million), said Zhang Xiuqin, director of the ministry's department of international cooperation and exchange.

The average scholarship will increase to 60,000 yuan, up from 50,000 yuan.

"We also plan to expand the coverage of the scholarship to more students," Zhang said.

Every year, the department of international cooperation and exchange draws up admission plans and sends the plan to Chinese embassies and consulates overseas.

Applicants can also find information on the website of the China Scholarship Council (http://en.csc.edu.cn/), and apply for the scholarship at the Chinese embassy or consulate in their home countries.

Those with full scholarships are exempt from tuition, accommodation fees and material cost, and receive living allowances, free medical services and settlement subsidies.

According to the ministry, 25,687 international students were studying in China under the Chinese Government Scholarship Program in 2011, an increase of 14.7 percent over 2010.

Self-financed international students increased 10 percent to 266,924 in 2011.

However, this is only one step in a larger plan to promote the country's education industry internationally.

In 2010, the ministry published a 10-year plan, setting the goal of attracting more than 500,000 overseas students to China by 2020, with 150,000 receiving higher education.

"In 2010, we launched a project with the US government, which plans to sponsor 100,000 US students coming to China for either short-term study or for a master's program by 2013," Zhang said.

In 2011, there were 23,292 US students studying in China, with 2,094 receiving government subsidies.

http://www.uschina.usc.edu/w_usci/showa ... leID=18104

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I know school grades matter if you care about school or want something out of school.

However, the point is, they don't define your self-worth or intrinsic value or success. Nor do they define your status. If you believe they have no meaning, then they don't, at least for you. That's my point. I'm looking at the bigger and deeper picture, outside the box, while you are looking inside the box. hehe :P

Here is my next video about why you should choose a career with less stress and more free time, rather than a prestigious career with no free time (like a doctor).

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a 30 minute video I did covering the points in this article.

How to be free and conscious and less materialistic

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
EntrepreneurNet
Freshman Poster

Re: How to be Free/Conscious in a Society of Enslavement/Fea

Post by EntrepreneurNet »

Winston wrote:Hello,
I'd like to share with you the most awakening article I've ever written. ... I hope you will find some value in it. If you are new to alternative ideas, please meditate on these concepts and see if any of it makes sense to you after a while.
Thanks for this. This is a Really great & inspiring article.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just put this up as a formal article on my site at:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening.htm

The upcoming Chinese version will be at:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm

I am having a girl translate it for me into Chinese.

chaste_filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by chaste_filipina »

Excerpt from the "Tales of the Dervishes" by Idries Shah

"THE WAYWARD PRINCESS"

A CERTAIN king believed that what he had been taught, and what
he believed, was right. In many ways he was a just man, but he was
one whose ideas were limited.
One day he said to his three daughters:

'All that I have is yours, or will be yours. Through me you obtained
your life. It is my will which determines your future, and
hence determines your fate.'

Dutifully, and quite persuaded of the truth of this, two of the
girls agreed.
The third daughter, however, said:

'Although my position demands that I be obedient to the laws,
I cannot believe that my fate must always be determined by your
opinions.'

'We shall see about that,' said the king.

He ordered her to be imprisoned in a small cell, where she languished
for years. Meanwhile the king and his obedient daughters
spent freely of the wealth which would otherwise have been expended
upon her.
The king said to himself:

'This girl lies in prison not by her own will, but by mine. This
proves, sufficiently for any logical mind, that it is my will, not hers,
which is determining her fate.'

The people of the country, hearing of their princess's situation,
said to one another:

'She must have done or said something very wrong for a monarch,
with whom we find no fault, to treat his own flesh and blood
so.'

For they had not arrived at the point where they felt the
need to dispute the king's assumption of Tightness in everything.
From time to time the king visited the girl. Although she was pale and
weakened from her imprisonment, she refused to change her attitude.
Finally the king's patience came to an end.

'Your continued defiance,' he said to her, 'will only annoy me
further, and seem to weaken my rights, if you stay within my
realms. I could kill you; but I am merciful. I therefore banish you
into the wilderness adjoining my territory. This is a wilderness, inhabited
only by wild beasts and such eccentric outcasts who cannot
survive in our rational society. There you will soon discover
whether you can have an existence apart from that of your family;
and, if you can, whether you prefer it to ours.'

His decree was at once obeyed, and she was conveyed to the
borders of the kingdom. The princess found herself set loose in a
wild land which bore little resemblance to the sheltered surroundings
of her upbringing. But she soon learned that a cave would
serve for a house, that nuts and fruit came from trees as well as
from golden plates, that warmth came from the Sun. This wilderness
had a climate and a way of existing of its own.
After some time she had so ordered her life that she had water
from springs, vegetables from the earth, fire from a smouldering
tree.

'Here,' she said to herself, 'is a life whose elements belong together,
form a completeness, yet neither individually nor collectively
do they obey the commands of my father the king.'

One day a lost traveller—as it happened a man of great riches
and ingenuity—came upon the exiled princess, fell in love with her,
and took her back to his own country, where they were married.
After a space of time, the two decided to return to the wilderness
where they built a huge and prosperous city where their wisdom,
resources and faith were expressed to their fullest possible extent,
The 'eccentrics' and other outcasts, many of them thought to be
madmen, harmonized completely and usefully with this manysided
life.
The city and its surrounding countryside became renowned
throughout the entire world. It was not long before its power and
beauty far outshone that of the realm of the princess's father.
By the unanimous choice of the inhabitants, the princess and her
husband were elected to the joint monarchy of this new and ideal
kingdom.
At length the king decided to visit the strange and mysterious
place which had sprung up in a wilderness, and which was, he
heard, peopled at least in part by those whom he and his like
despised.
As, with bowed head, he slowly approached the foot of the throne
upon which the young couple sat and raised his eyes to meet those
whose repute of justice, prosperity and understanding far exceeded
his own, he was able to catch the murmured words of his daughter:

'You see, Father, every man and woman has his own fate and his
own choice.'

Sultan Saladin, according to a Sufi manuscript, met the great
teacher Ahmed el-Rifai, founder of the Rifai Order, the
'Howling Dervishes', and asked him several questions.
This story was related by the Rifai in answer to the inquiry:
'What reason, if any, have you for supposing that the imposition
of the rule of the Law is insufficient for maintaining
happiness and justice?'
The meeting took place in 1174, but the story, which is
known in other traditions than the Sufi one, has been used
since to illustrate the possibility of 'a different state of consciousness'
in man.
chaste_filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by chaste_filipina »

Hey! I will post this on my facebook wall :)
Thanks for sharing your wisdom to us! :D

Applause! You should be lauded for your efforts.

"Don't try to understand everything,
because sometimes it is not meant to be understood,
but to be accepted."

How I wish we can go back to nature and practice simple living.

Our society and the current world will never allow us to be free and to fully embrace our true selves.

To be a nonconformist, you are labeled as an "insane" human being in this world.

You will stop being a nonconformist and join the sick society because you are "living in despair,"
in exchange for pursuing your true calling and always seeking the Universal Truth.

Society will look for ways to isolate you, condemn you, judge you - to avoid contaminating the colonial mentality the corporate psychopaths/sociopaths who are presently controlling the world's stock market.

It is imperative for any government to breed fear and ignorance in a given society.

Let the people stay and keep them always in the dark.

Open your minds. Don't be fooled by what the media, the newspaper, and the internet tells you.

:idea: "Ordinary transmission of knowledge is subject to so much deformation through editing and false memory that it cannot be taken as a substitute for direct perception of Fact."

Thank you Winston for being brutally honest! :P
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just added these quotes to the article:

“Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws."
- Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson."
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt in a letter written Nov. 21, 1933 to Colonel E. Mandell House

“I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.â€￾ - Rita Mae Brown

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friederich Nietzsche

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friederich Nietzsche

"Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others. But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone." - Ayn Rand

I've also added these sentences:

"Just remember this: You don't have to accept it when you are told that you must give up your dreams and passions in order to live in a practical world - for without your dreams and passions, your life is rendered meaningless and you can't live true to yourself."

"Practicing daily meditation will also help you to control your mind and thoughts."
Last edited by Winston on July 30th, 2012, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

I like the quotes and i definately agree because i'm from the West as well, but isn't this just the typical cultural point of view of the East vs the West? I mean your western individual personality who strives for personal development vs the Eastern/middle eastern etc who strives for development of the group.

You present this like it's the truth, i think it's a bit one-dimensional. Can you give more pros and cons from both sides to present a more objective and balanced view, like added with quotes from regular Taiwanese. I don't mean the brainwashed ones but people who know what's happening in the world.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Hi Winston,
the sad truth is that there are MORE THAN ENOUGH men now "awake" to remove politicians from their positions and institute honest guvments.

I have all the cases I need to remove all politicians from federal parliament in both Ireland and Australia. Period.

The TRUTH is that men are cowards in the VAST majority and that they will not stand up to criminal women and so the guvment can incite women to commit their crimes for them knowing the men will cower in front of the criminal women.

So now I call men in the west the cowards that they are. The men are getting "upset"...so I say "when a man will not sit in an air conditioned room in a comfortable seat as a jury member and review the evidence presented to him simply because he is fearful of his OWN GUVMENT what IS the correct word for that? I think the correct word is "coward" because I am absolutely prepared to do exactly that and 99.9% of other men are not."

When I put it back to them like that they usually BLOCK ME! LOL!!
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

patrick wrote:I like the quotes and i definately agree because i'm from the West as well, but isn't this just the typical cultural point of view of the East vs the West? I mean your western individual personality who strives for personal development vs the Eastern/middle eastern etc who strives for development of the group.

You present this like it's the truth, i think it's a bit one-dimensional. Can you give more pros and cons from both sides to present a more objective and balanced view, like added with quotes from regular Taiwanese. I don't mean the brainwashed ones but people who know what's happening in the world.
I guess so. But what can I do? I don't know of any great thinkers or free thinkers in Taiwan or who are even Chinese for that matter.

There are enlightened Buddhist masters in Taiwan sure, but what they preach is loving kindness and compassion, as well as non-greed, non-violence, mercy, serving others, being mindful and spiritual, less materialistic, less attached, etc.

They don't teach nonconformity or freethought or reveal the scam of the rulers of the world and the Illuminati, etc. like the researchers that I listen to do.

If you know of any Taiwanese/Chinese freethinkers or even great thinkers, and have a list of their quotes, let me know. Momopi probably has a list of them.

patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

Winston wrote:
patrick wrote:I like the quotes and i definately agree because i'm from the West as well, but isn't this just the typical cultural point of view of the East vs the West? I mean your western individual personality who strives for personal development vs the Eastern/middle eastern etc who strives for development of the group.

I guess so. But what can I do? I don't know of any great thinkers or free thinkers in Taiwan or who are even Chinese for that matter.

There are enlightened Buddhist masters in Taiwan sure, but what they preach is loving kindness and compassion, as well as non-greed, non-violence, mercy, serving others, being mindful and spiritual, less materialistic, less attached, etc.

They don't teach nonconformity or freethought or reveal the scam of the rulers of the world and the Illuminati, etc. like the researchers that I listen to do.

If you know of any Taiwanese/Chinese freethinkers or even great thinkers, and have a list of their quotes, let me know. Momopi probably has a list of them.

Well, Confucius is pretty famous. I don't know. If you want to make a real scientific report you'll have to research all points of view and than make your conclusion. Now you're only expressing your western point of view which collides with the place where you live now. That's why the people on here say your video is just a rant.
Every person is balanced more to one side or another, you can't be directly in the centre. The personal philosophy of a person is a result of their own character and their environment. Western philosophy is more romantic while eastern philosophy is more practical. You probably know yourself Taiwanese are very practical people. I think you should do a bit more research to make it more convincing.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

patrick wrote: Well, Confucius is pretty famous. I don't know. If you want to make a real scientific report you'll have to research all points of view and than make your conclusion. Now you're only expressing your western point of view which collides with the place where you live now. That's why the people on here say your video is just a rant.
Every person is balanced more to one side or another, you can't be directly in the centre. The personal philosophy of a person is a result of their own character and their environment. Western philosophy is more romantic while eastern philosophy is more practical. You probably know yourself Taiwanese are very practical people. I think you should do a bit more research to make it more convincing.
Yeah but Confucius didn't preach freethought or nonconformity or revolution or debunking the BS of the establishment, etc. He taught harmony with authority, as long as authority wasn't evil or corrupt.

Your suggestions are vague and don't seem relevant. This isn't a scientific report, so why do you think I want to make a scientific report? This is an awakening article based on valuable lessons and truths that I've learned from others, such as David Icke and others. It comes from my heart in my own words. I did the best I could do in my own words. I am not you or some Confucian Asian who lives to conform. I can't be something I'm not. So I don't know what you expect. Your suggestions don't make sense and aren't logical. You are asking me to be something I'm not or say something I don't believe in, just to fit another culture, without even specifying how. Very odd.

If you want to write an awakening article for a Chinese/Taiwanese audience to try to awaken them or free their minds, then feel free to do so yourself.

I may be preaching western alternative ideas, but so what? I present them in the way I know how and the way I know best. I can't be something I'm not. Your request is illogical and doesn't make sense and is non-specific. You didn't even give any specific examples.

Of course Taiwanese are more practical people. That's why I'm trying to get them to be LESS practical. Duh. LOL

Some alternative western documentaries have already been translated into Chinese. Here is the Chinese version of THRIVE, which presents a lot of conspiracies and dirty secrets of the corrupt establishment, and offers intriguing solutions to them. It is similar to the Zeitgeist films, but this one is dubbed in Chinese.

Likewise, you can't expect a documentary to change every point and detail just to fit a Chinese audience. Get real. It makes its points and you either resonate with it or you don't. That's the way it is. You can't expect people to be something they are not.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The Chinese version of my article is now ready.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm

She also translated my 3 point comparison pamphlet into Chinese as well:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet-Chinese.pdf

If you know any Chinese people, feel free to share those links with them.

Thanks,
Winston