How to Be Free and Conscious in a Society of Enslavement and Fear

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Billy wrote:wow momopi, you could make me motivated to work :). yes probably you would be a good leader.
winston, what the heck should meaningfull mean? If the guy would find something meaningfull he would have done it before he knew that he would die.
IMO there is nothing wrong with not wanting a "regular" 8-5 M-F job, nor is such job required to accomplish your goals. Consider the topic of being terminally ill and doing something meaningful. I've spent years with the anime convention circuit where we hosted charity auctions for organizations such as Choc and make a wish foundation. Make a wish foundation provides charity services for terminally ill children. I.e. if the kid is a big Star Wars fan they will send people dressed as storm troopers to visit the hospital and setup private screening of the movies.

For terminally ill adults with a family, maybe they would prefer to spend their remaining time with their loved ones on a trip somewhere, but they are held back with concerns about their declining health condition and availability of medical care abroad. There are also potential language barrier issues. As I mentioned in an earlier post, a fellow blogger who was terminally ill tried to take one last trip with his wife on a cruise to French Polynesia, and it turned into a disaster.

So here is an opportunity for someone to setup a for profit business that is meaningful, to make that one last trip happen for couples with a terminally ill spouse. To arrange for medical care on the trip abroad, to have translators with medical background on standby, to verify travel insurance -- or maybe medical care in the destionation country is cheap enough to simply pay with cash. Or to offer that consulting service to choose a place where medical care is cheap enough to pay in cash.

Or, maybe the terminally ill patient wants to pre-arrange a trip for his or her loved ones after the funeral. Instead of sitting around the house and getting depressed, send them on a trip to the French countryside.

Or, maybe the terminally ill person is single and has no family. Maybe he wants to spend his remaining time being cared for by beautiful foreign women and pretty nurses. Someone who runs a service to make this happen can collect the fees in part via cash up front and part of the life insurance policy later. This would definately not be a normal full time job by any means.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

momopi, you have some really good ideas. You bring me to new ideas. The star wars thing can be quite entertaining :).

To make money with your passion is a nice goal but I still see it critical but who knows. There are so many options which we can´t see.

But I definitely will invest some time for new projects which will be extraordinary and fun hopefully :)

Winston, now what are your ideas for a meaningful life?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Welcome to CLAWS at whywork.org. We're a pro-leisure and anti-wage-slavery group of people dedicated to exploring the question: why work? This site provides information, support, and resources for those looking for alternatives to traditional employment.

We actively promote alternatives to the wage slavery mindset and what we call "The Cult of the Job" which automatically equates having a job with making a living.

If you start asking yourself "why work?" you may see a connection between wage slavery, misunderstandings of leisure, lifestyles based on consumption, corporate welfare, education that often amounts to little more than conditioning, and the global social, environmental, and economic crises we are now facing. We hope that the materials we feature here will encourage critical thinking about such things. This site is primarily about ideas and encouragement, so our focus is more philosophical than practical. However, ideas and action go hand-in-hand, so we're currently expanding the "practicality" sections.
http://www.whywork.org/
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Hi Winston,
I am watching marks videos on http://www.whatonearthishappening.com/videos.

Wow. Mark is tying it all together. I have not heard it put quite so well before. I am having a few glasses of red and going through is MANY hours of video as I work....amazingly well put.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just realized something regarding school cliques which relates here.

In high school, social cliques are composed of zombies/slaves (obedient nerds who only care about grades and studying), a-holes (teens who act depraved, hostile and put others down to prop themselves up without regard for other's feelings) and fake people (pretty much everyone). This means that if you are a teen who is sincere, authentic, nice, down to earth, sane, rational and logical, you simply have no place or clique to fit into. Who ever heard of an "authentic/sincere/genuine/down to earth" clique in high school? lol Thus high school becomes the most lonely, invalidating and alienating existence, if you are authentic and sane.

Now since high school teens behave in a highly illogical manner - like insane emotionally immature raving beasts, the key problem is that a logical person cannot simply force himself at will to "act illogically" to fit in with others who are "acting illogically". To do so would be "illogical" and hence, ironically there is no "logical" solution to this "illogical" problem. lol

Likewise, a sane person cannot simply "act insane" to try to fit in, and an authentic person cannot just "act fake" to fit in. It just doesn't work that way. If you are rational, sane or highly conscious, you can't just lower yourself like that to fit in with others. That would not be in accord with what you are, and would be a form of de-evolution as well.

As a teen, I could never find a logical solution to the problem of how to "act illogically" to fit in with others who were "acting illogically". There simply is no place in school cliques for an authentic sincere down to earth rational teen. Where could I fit in? You can't just walk up to each clique and ask to join. It doesn't work that way. You either get invited into a clique because you know someone, or because they think you're cool, or you don't at all. Teachers don't assign cliques to students. There is no orderly system you can follow to figure out which clique you belong to. Students form cliques on their own in accord with "like attracts like". The main problem is that if you are authentic, sane and nice or down-to-earth, there is no group "like" you to attract you into.

This is the insanity and sad state of affairs in high school. And there is no logical solution to it.
Last edited by Winston on May 29th, 2012, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yes, we live in a sad world. But you had simply bad luck. If Bruce Lee would have been your mentor things would be quite different. The problem was maybe that your parents were not kick ass so you were not either. Life is a bitch :). The logic is you don´t had the proper scills. From evolutionary point of view nice means weak. Not always but sometimes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New observation and images added to this article.

You see, children are naturally born with imagination, curiosity and wonder. But when they are around 13 years of age, they are given the bad news - that they must "grow up" and begin to embrace the cold practical world of obedience, conformity, living to make money and attaining a career. This "growing up" is the process of trading the rich world of imagination, creativity and fantasy, for the cold materialistic world of slavery, productivity and monotonous routine in servitude to the economic system. The school's job is to aid in this transition - from human/spiritual being to robotic slave. After this transition, the only fantasies and dreams one is supposed to have are those related to making money and attaining a career. This is how the control system molds and grooms us to live in the prison matrix.

Image Image
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Every person who is alive is free regardless of race, gender, age or life situation. Simply being conscious is the cake itself, while that which arises through our consciousness is only the unnecessary icing. Most people are overlooking consciousness completely which leads to them spending their entire lives desperately seeking fulfillment in the world outside of them, essentially substituting their relationship with consciousness for a relationship with a self-image, other people and material possessions. This can only ever amount to superficial happiness, which consists of rigidly moving through life seeking brief, momentary joy in a daily routine and spending the majority of time focusing on when and how to find the next hit of this joy.

Everyone reading this will agree that social status and material possessions are meaningless in reality, but the vast majority will spend their lives seeking these things since they feel they must do because without content in their lives, it would be 'empty'. This is simply not true. This emptiness is only perceived as so because you've lost connection to consciousness due to the tendency all humans have to identify ourselves with our bodies.

If we identify ourselves with our bodies, we're basically viewing ourselves as a computer system: a computer has hardware (which can be equated to our biological elements) and software (which can be equated to our cultural/environmental conditioning/programming). What is it that a computer system doesn't have, but humans do? The answer is free will, which is enabled by our high levels of awareness. This awareness (consciousness) is what we need to identify ourselves as, otherwise we are no more than a human-computer carrying out it's programming in whatever way to serve the system, while ultimately being unfulfilled doing so.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: I certainly wouldn't be thinking of work or money. Would you? I would do something more meaningful. I think most people would. As Peter Nolan said above, such a situation quickly awakens you. Stephen Covey, I think, said in a documentary that a terminal illness fast forwards your spiritual evolution.
What would you do?
The question was, if your doctor told you that you only had 3 months to live, what would you do with your time. Not "what you would not do with your time". "Something more meaningful" is vague, so let me cite a specific example: I knew a blogger who passed away on December 9th, 2011. His doctor told him that he was dying, and for the last time in his life, he wanted to spend time with his beloved wife and go on a cruise to Hawaii and French Polynesia. Unfortunately his illness overtook him during the trip and it didn't go as planned: http://ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17122#p17122

If I were terminally ill with 3 months to live, the first thing I'd do is to put my affairs in order (family, friends, pets, financial, legal, etc.). My family is practical and we've already had the death and dying scenario discussions, with burial plots purchased at Rose Hills in the 1990's for everyone. You can also meet with a consultant at Rose Hills to discuss your future (or pending) funeral plans. When my grandparents were getting old, we took them shopping to pick out what they want to wear for their final exit. My grandfather even dictated a list of friends that he wanted to invite to his own funeral and left instructions that we should be "good hosts" to HIS GUESTS.

Unfortunately, the plans didn't go as smoothly and burials in TW turned out to be more complicated than in the US. After dictating his guest list, my grandfather went on to live to his 90's, and by then many friends on that list had already passed. The remaining friends made the arduous task of going uphill to the mortuary where the ceremony was being held, only to find that my uncle's boss had insisted to come to show her respect, and brought a large group of her underlings clad in black suits to bow and offer incense. So the room was "fully occupied" and my grandfather's friends and extended family were kept outside wondering who the f*ck those strangers were.

So, lessons learned, if I had the time to prepare for my final exit, I'd leave enough funds to rent a bigger hall, so if unexpected visitors arrive, there's still room for everyone. Even if I'm dead, I should still strive to be a good host to my living guests. It's customary to give away red envelops with a little bit of money and candy inside to funeral guests (symbolically overcoming bad luck from a funeral with good fortune). If I had the time and opportunity, I'd pack my own red envelopes for the guests, pen my own appreciation cards, and maybe pack some party favorites like little tins of jelly beans (shelf life is longer, in case if I live longer than expected). As for the funeral itself, I like how Quakers do things, so I'd leave instructions to have a more "informal" funeral where the official program is kept short and anyone who wants to come up and say something, they're free to do so.

If health permits, I'd also like to travel (see the book titled "1,000 places to see before you die") and see a few more countries that I haven't visited with friends and family. Find time to update the family genealogy book (家譜), do some charity work, donate my surplus clothing sell assorted stuff that I've accumulated, and reduce my "physical presence" in objects around the house. After I've passed, I do not wish to have too much of my stuff around the house to remind my surviving family on daily basis. I'd also leave instructions that I'm actually allergic to burning incense, so don't bother (just pour a cup of wine instead).

Jester wrote: Really nice. Confucian, I suppose, but regardless of that, a perspective we Americans (and perhaps some others) often lack.
Do you do business coaching, or life coaching?
I'm serious.
The advice given to Winston is mainly for functioning in East Asia's reciprocal social relations. For Americans in America, you can give them this little chart:

Cool, will save, savor, and share with my sons as well.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

stazi society

Post by targetguy »

8) the usa seems to be headed for a stazi type society with high unemployment and cameras and satallites everywhere. Controlling the masses with mind control devices via satallite transmitter and track on to cell and radio devices. I have been a victim of this type of harassment already more so with others in the future. This is why i believe a foreign country is best.
no scammers
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've rewritten the first part of this article about the three general types of people and the rare fourth type. Here is the new version. What do you think? Does it make sense? Have any of you noticed these general types too, all of which suck? lol

-------------------------------------------------

Have you ever realized how enslaving and oppressive the world is, when you look at it from a higher perspective? It seems like a prison matrix full of sheep, zombies, robotic slaves, bums, criminals, and oppressors, rather than happy free conscious aware beings full of love and wisdom. That’s because the inherent nature of our societal system produces three types of people:

1. Robots/slaves/sheep/zombies/conformists – Most people are in this category. They are conformist sheep, living only to work and raise a family, harboring a materialistic mindset and judgmental attitude. They do not think for themselves, but only know what they are taught, and believe whatever everyone else believes. They live to work in order to make a living, never realizing that such is an oxymoron because if all you do is make a living, and you have nothing else to live for, then you have no life or real purpose to “make a livingâ€￾ for in the first place. These slaves live in mind numbing routines that tie them down, simply because that's the way they were taught to live. They are enslaved, and conditioned to want it, seeing no other choice. Many become workaholics to the extreme. The mainstream are like this, particularly in American and Asian cultures. They judge others by materialistic standards. As such, they look down upon nonconformists who dare to be different with disdain and contempt.

2. Bums/degenerates/drug users/alcoholics/criminals - This type consists of people unable to conform to the system. So they rebel and end up as homeless bums, delinquents, drug users, alcoholics, low level petty criminals, pot smoking hippies, etc. Society views them negatively as degenerates and losers who are dangerous if not controlled. You find such types in the bad parts of a city (such as the areas outside The Strip in Las Vegas). The educational and economic system basically raises you to see two choices in life - become a robot slave to work in order to make a living, or become a impoverished degenerate bum and be despised by society. (Gee what a bleak choice) In effect, society skews the “security vs. freedomâ€￾ dichotomy into a negative choice, by attaching negative consequences to real freedom (becoming an impoverished degenerate bum) and insinuating that security through slavery/enslavement is the correct and socially acceptable choice.

3. Oppressors/predators/bullies/sociopaths/tyrants – These are power hungry oppressors who use fear and intimidation to control and dominate others. They are like predators that prey upon the weak and vulnerable in a “dog eat dogâ€￾ Darwinistic world. In a competitive society where people are conditioned to view others as adversaries, they choose to be cruel heartless a-holes to get to the top. They thrive on power and will use any means necessary to accomplish their goals. To them, the ends justify the means. They relish being "a-holes" and enjoy bullying and intimidating others. Power by nature attracts evil people rather than good, and it is these types that it attracts, who often end up in leadership positions. That’s why you commonly find such types in management and executive level positions. They are cold, impersonal and view people only as statistics. Some are sociopaths without conscience – they can lie and start wars and bloodshed to promote their interests, yet sleep ok at night with no guilt. They range from thugs and mobsters, to white collar criminals, to corrupt politicians, tyrants and dictators above the law.

Most people fall into one of the three types above. Or they are a blend of them, passing through each type during different stages in their life. In fact, you can feel the vibes/energy of these types above everywhere you go amidst masses of people in public places, which is very sad, and alienating as well if you do not fall into one of the three types yourself.

Yet all these types simply suck. When you see them for what they are, you realize how insane they are. None of them live truly happy or free. They are all in effect, negative choices and speak volumes about the dysfunctional society that we live in. Obviously something must be very messed up to produce such types in the majority of people. We obviously live in a world of enslavement and control, a prison matrix so to speak.

That’s why it is difficult to find this fourth type which is the rarest:

4. Freethinkers/freespirits/nonconformists/intellectuals/truth-seekers/spiritually-inclined – These are the rarest. Being conscious, aware, spiritually-oriented and unslaved, they find a way to live a fruitful and meaningful life with freedom to discover one's own purpose. They are liberated from the fear of what others think of them, and live in a world of possibilities rather than limitations. They are less materialistic, less judgmental, more wise, and have learned to shed attachments to live more simply. This type is the closest to self-actualization. As such, they prefer to inspire, empower, and uplift others rather than bring them down. Yet it is the rarest type because society does not condition you to be this way. We are conditioned to be materialistic, conformist and live to work. We are taught what to think, not how to think, making us conform to groupthink and highly judgmental of others. Thus this fourth type is the least common. One has to think outside the box and go through a process of transformation in order to find it. But even if one finds it, their next challenge then becomes that of a “starving artistâ€￾ or “Bohemianâ€￾, struggling to live the #4 way of life successfully without falling down into the #2 type.

And that’s the purpose of this article, to present this fourth option to you and show you how to make it work, so that you can live the freest and most liberated life possible. Let’s begin by looking at the way we are brought up in society, and how we are programmed, conditioned and deceived.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I'm paying a Taiwanese girl now to translate this whole article into Chinese so I can give a copy to all my Taiwanese relatives. How do you think they will react? lol. At least it will plant some interesting seeds in them. The alternative/awakening movement in the West has really not touched Asia for some reason.

Also, at the end of the article, I added these recommended films, websites and books to help those beginning their journey of awakening or continuing it:

For more information, or to begin your journey of awakening (or continue it), I recommend the books, websites and videos (which you can find on YouTube) by the following influential researchers: David Icke, Alex Jones, Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell, Mark Passio, Alan Watt, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle, Dan Millman

Here are some of my favorite awakening documentaries that I recommend, which you can find on YouTube by doing a search for their titles:

- David Icke: Oxford Union (2 hrs)
- David Icke: Freedom or Facism (7 hrs)
- David Icke: The Lion Sleeps No More (7 hrs)
- Zeitgeist: The Movie (2 hrs)
- Zeitgeist Addendum (2 hrs)
- Esoteric Agenda (2 hrs)
- Kymatica (1 hr 30 min)
- Thrive: What On Earth Will It Take? (2 hrs)

Websites I recommend:

http://www.davidicke.com
http://www.infowars.com
http://www.prisonplanet.com
http://www.naturalnews.com
http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com
http://www.whatonearthishappening.com
http://www.waltgoodridge.com
http://www.happierabroad.com (and mine too of course)

Books I recommend: (available on Amazon.com and in bookstores)

- Turn Your Passion Into Profit - by Walt Goodridge
- Living True to Yourself - by Walt Goodridge
- The Power of Now - by Eckhart Tolle
- The Way of the Peaceful Warrior - by Dan Millman
- Remember Who You Are - by David Icke
- Human Race Get Off Your Knees: The Lion Sleeps No More - by David Icke
- And The Truth Shall Set You Free - David Icke

Sincerely,
Winston Wu
Last edited by Winston on July 25th, 2012, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Update:

I'm paying a Taiwanese girl now to translate this whole article into Chinese so I can give a copy to all my Taiwanese relatives. How do you think they will react? lol. At least it will plant some interesting seeds in them. The alternative/awakening movement in the West has really not touched Asia for some reason.
I wish I could get you to SoCal for some acting lessons, to strengthen your YouTube delivery. Video is the future.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've made a series of videos last week to complement this article, as advice to students. Here is the first one about why your grades don't really matter. More will follow.