How to Be Free and Conscious in a Society of Enslavement and Fear

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Do you remember my parents' friend that you saw in LA when you came over and picked me up? The one with the big house in Orange County?
Well he got an incurable nerve disorder that none of the best doctors in LA could cure. It became a terminal illness. He passed away a few years later. But in the last three months of his life, he chose to spend it managing a motel he co-owned. Why would someone spend the last three months of their life working, especially if they are wealthy and don't even have to?
<snip>
Don't just use left brained thinking to try to understand this. If you awaken your right brain and spiritual side more, you'd understand what I'm talking about. It takes a certain level of consciousness to see what I'm saying here. A typical mundane mindset isn't going to really get it.
1. If you were told by your doctor that you only had 3 months to live, what would you do with your time? In my opinion, your parent's friend choose to exit peacefully and with dignity.

2. I am a non-spiritual, non-religious person. If I were religious, I'd be be quoting "idle hands are the devil's workshop". But I'm not religious, and I think leisure is just fine.

Winston wrote: Ok I'm thankful to all the people who deliver my services. Ok so what? That doesn't change the big truths in my article. Most are still enslaved.
Offer a cold bottled water to your mailman and gardner. Greet them and thank the mailman for working hard to deliver your mail every day. If and when you go to China, apply the same to people who do things for you.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Wisdom Of Momopi

Post by Jester »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Ok I changed it again. How about this one:

How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Fear and Enslavement:
Transcending the Prison Matrix of Zombies, Slaves, A-Holes and Bums

By Winston Wu[/size]
I would re-write this as:

Transcending the Matrix
How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Enslavement And Fear:

OR
Free and Conscious
Among Slaves and Zombies
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Transcending the Matrix
How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Enslavement And Fear

Like this one, its descriptive and punchy
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Or how to have more sexual options in a matrix where sexual oppurtunities diminishes :).

Most guys here don´t want freedom they prefer sex :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi, Billy,
If you want to write a better article showing people how to liberate themselves from oppression and enslavement, be my guest. You are welcome to do so and post it.

In the meantime, here is a one hour presentation by Mark Passio about the war on consciousness and how we are manipulated. It's very mind blowing:

Also, in his 9 hour presentation, Mark explains in part 1 using easy to understand terms the basic building blocks of the war against our consciousness.

In part 4, he presents solutions to the war on our consciousness, which is very mind blowing and makes a lot of sense. For those of you who are into this stuff, this is a must see. Here is that last part where he goes into solutions.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Billy wrote:Or how to have more sexual options in a matrix where sexual oppurtunities diminishes :).

Ok... sex it is...

Maybe cover art of a chicken coop full of birds, and an eagle or hawk or wild turkey swooping in to ravish the hens

Title:

Free Bird
the advantages of autonomy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:
Ok I changed it again. How about this one:

How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Fear and Enslavement:
Transcending the Prison Matrix of Zombies, Slaves, A-Holes and Bums

By Winston Wu[/size]
I would re-write this as:

Transcending the Matrix
How To Be Free and Conscious in A Society of Enslavement And Fear:

OR
Free and Conscious
Among Slaves and Zombies
That's a great title and subtitle too, and much shorter. But the problem is, I want to have the words "zombies, slaves, a-holes and bums" in the subtitle because it sounds funny and unique.

Btw all, if any of you are looking for solutions, my friend Walt Goodridge has written a great book about how to turn your passion into profit. I highly recommend it. It's a must read for anyone wanting to turn what they love into a living. You can get it at:

http://www.waltgoodridge.com/wwebsitesandbooks.html

If you look at the reviews on Amazon, you will find a ton of other people praising it as a must read as well!

Here is one:

"WORTH EVERY CENT!, August 12, 2001
By A Customer
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Turn Your Passion Into Profit (Information, Inspiration and Ideas To Help You Make Money Doing What You Love) (Paperback)
In the last 20 years, I have read a few hundred self-help and start-your-own-business books. Usually I read a book, get maybe 1 or 2 helpful ideas and then move on to the next. THIS BOOK IS DIFFERENT because it combines so many of the concepts from other books into one volume. It combines ideas and exercises for discovering your passion with examples of people who have done it and moves into marketing, selling, and even filling out IRS forms! The section on making money on internet alone is worth the price of the book. The writing style is simple, clear, concise and the book is well organized. As an African-American, I really appreciated the diversity in the examples of folks who started their own unusual businesses. The rhyming poetry sprinkled throughout the book was a treat and really drove the concepts home. I am recommending it to all my friends."

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I certainly wouldn't be thinking of work or money. Would you? I would do something more meaningful. I think most people would. As Peter Nolan said above, such a situation quickly awakens you. Stephen Covey, I think, said in a documentary that a terminal illness fast forwards your spiritual evolution.
What would you do?
The question was, if your doctor told you that you only had 3 months to live, what would you do with your time. Not "what you would not do with your time". "Something more meaningful" is vague, so let me cite a specific example: I knew a blogger who passed away on December 9th, 2011. His doctor told him that he was dying, and for the last time in his life, he wanted to spend time with his beloved wife and go on a cruise to Hawaii and French Polynesia. Unfortunately his illness overtook him during the trip and it didn't go as planned: http://ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17122#p17122

If I were terminally ill with 3 months to live, the first thing I'd do is to put my affairs in order (family, friends, pets, financial, legal, etc.). My family is practical and we've already had the death and dying scenario discussions, with burial plots purchased at Rose Hills in the 1990's for everyone. You can also meet with a consultant at Rose Hills to discuss your future (or pending) funeral plans. When my grandparents were getting old, we took them shopping to pick out what they want to wear for their final exit. My grandfather even dictated a list of friends that he wanted to invite to his own funeral and left instructions that we should be "good hosts" to HIS GUESTS.

Unfortunately, the plans didn't go as smoothly and burials in TW turned out to be more complicated than in the US. After dictating his guest list, my grandfather went on to live to his 90's, and by then many friends on that list had already passed. The remaining friends made the arduous task of going uphill to the mortuary where the ceremony was being held, only to find that my uncle's boss had insisted to come to show her respect, and brought a large group of her underlings clad in black suits to bow and offer incense. So the room was "fully occupied" and my grandfather's friends and extended family were kept outside wondering who the f*ck those strangers were.

So, lessons learned, if I had the time to prepare for my final exit, I'd leave enough funds to rent a bigger hall, so if unexpected visitors arrive, there's still room for everyone. Even if I'm dead, I should still strive to be a good host to my living guests. It's customary to give away red envelops with a little bit of money and candy inside to funeral guests (symbolically overcoming bad luck from a funeral with good fortune). If I had the time and opportunity, I'd pack my own red envelopes for the guests, pen my own appreciation cards, and maybe pack some party favorites like little tins of jelly beans (shelf life is longer, in case if I live longer than expected). As for the funeral itself, I like how Quakers do things, so I'd leave instructions to have a more "informal" funeral where the official program is kept short and anyone who wants to come up and say something, they're free to do so.

If health permits, I'd also like to travel (see the book titled "1,000 places to see before you die") and see a few more countries that I haven't visited with friends and family. Find time to update the family genealogy book (家譜), do some charity work, donate my surplus clothing sell assorted stuff that I've accumulated, and reduce my "physical presence" in objects around the house. After I've passed, I do not wish to have too much of my stuff around the house to remind my surviving family on daily basis. I'd also leave instructions that I'm actually allergic to burning incense, so don't bother (just pour a cup of wine instead).

Jester wrote: Really nice. Confucian, I suppose, but regardless of that, a perspective we Americans (and perhaps some others) often lack.
Do you do business coaching, or life coaching?
I'm serious.
The advice given to Winston is mainly for functioning in East Asia's reciprocal social relations. For Americans in America, you can give them this little chart:

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Billy wrote:Or how to have more sexual options in a matrix where sexual oppurtunities diminishes :).

Yes...and women know this and use sex ruthlessly to dominate and control men. The more I learn about how women mistreat men the less I like them as people.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Winston wrote: Btw all, if any of you are looking for solutions, my friend Walt Goodridge has written a great book about how to turn your passion into profit. I highly recommend it. It's a must read for anyone wanting to turn what they love into a living. You can get it at:
This is what MBA is all about Winston. The framework that men running businesses can slot into as an associate so that they are no longer under the jurisdiction of a guvment.

As usual men will be very slow to pick up on this idea and benefit from it. Just like they are slow to pick up on the idea they do not need to pay alimony and child support.

By the way. The first man to try out a technique to not pay alimony was in Canada. All UN member states operate on uniform commercial code so the rules are the same in all member states. But I am not testing things in non english speaking countries....I am doing some testing in Germany but not with respect to family law.

That man had a court meeting in Canada over his wife wanting more alimony. When the judge asked him if he was the NAME he denied being the name and said he was the authorised agent for the name. The judge then tried to get one of the court attendents to hand him some papers. He denied to the court attendant that he was the name and refused to handle the papers. The judge then ran from the room in hysterics of distress. He has never heard from them again apparently. Brave man.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
You sound like you are obfuscating the issue like the paid debunkers do, and veering off course on a tangent. It doesn't matter what I'd do or what you'd do. I prefer to spend my time doing meaningful things. My point is that it's crazy spending the last few months of your life working for money. Why are you obfuscating that? Why do you think that that's dignified? Anyone here can see the insanity of that.

We didn't even have a chance to see him when we were in America a few years ago, because he went to work managing his hotel, instead of making time to see us at his home. And for some reason, we weren't allowed to visit him at his work (Taiwanese sometimes have strange reasons for things that they don't explain) So, in effect, rather than seeing his loved ones during his remaining time, he wanted to work instead.

That's just sad and crazy. No one would deny that. So why would you?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Momopi,
You sound like you are obfuscating the issue like the paid debunkers do, and veering off course on a tangent. It doesn't matter what I'd do or what you'd do. I prefer to spend my time doing meaningful things. My point is that it's crazy spending the last few months of your life working for money. Why are you obfuscating that? Why do you think that that's dignified? Anyone here can see the insanity of that.
1. You're the one who brought up your father's friend and what he chose to do with his last days.
2. I asked what YOU would do in such circumstance.
3. You, in turn, asked ME what I would do in such circumstance.

I've answered the question with detailed specifics. You, on the other hand, replied with a vague answer "meaningful things". If you disagree with the above, feel free to review the thread in detail.

Why do I think your father's friend had a dignified exit? He choose to perform his duties and expectations until he is unable, then it was time to die. It's the same choice that Steve Jobs made, resigning on Aug 24, 2011, and dying on Oct 5, 2011. People like that have a strong sense of responsibility, and most likely put their affairs in order before their final exit. As a supporter of the Hemlock Society, I believe that planning your final exit is just as important as your right to die (liberty and death, not liberty or death). If the person chose to spend his last days to put his affairs in order for the benefit of his surviving loved ones, he shows love and respect for them. Going to work allows the privacy of his office, should he chose to grieve for his pending exit, make plans, and reflect on his life in private while carrying on a semblance of normal life for as long as possible for the benefit of his family.

I've spent 15+ years in corporate America, and have seen coworkers who were dying of cancer coming to work until the final months of their lives. The company did not send them home against their will, instead, the management are instructed to provide them with very light workload, privacy, counseling services (religious/secure, financial, legal, etc), while maintaining their pay and company benefits for as long as possible. This is because if the person quits, he or she loses the company paid life insurance policy. When the time comes for them to leave, we put them on medical leave and maintain their medical insurance & life insurance policy, knowing that they'd never return. This is done put the employee at ease, knowing that the widow and children would be taken care of by the death benefits. That, is compassion in a capitalist world, not insanity. Money is a tool and not the motivation -- you can't take it with you when you die. The motivation is affections and responsibilities toward one's surviving family. But all this is probably lost on hedonists.

There's nothing wrong with desiring freedom and leisure. But there is something wrong with not respecting those who work hard for your benefit and the work that they do. The bus driver who strives to maintain his schedule, the road construction crew who fixes the potholes under the hot sun, the mechanic who is extra careful in maintaining aircraft, and everyone else who strive to do a good job so that people like you and I can enjoy the fruits of their labor. This is basic in knowing how to be a person, and learning how to win friends and influence people.
Last edited by momopi on May 6th, 2012, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

wow momopi, you could make me motivated to work :). yes probably you would be a good leader.

winston, what the heck should meaningfull mean? If the guy would find something meaningfull he would have done it before he knew that he would die.

I know what you mean. Because you are not happy in the system others should not too. Maybe you are little bit too decadent and hedonistic. It´s the same with me. But other guys are different.

Yes I am also no fan of A-holes and Bums but what would you suggest? Take an UFO? Truth is if people would think that life is unbearable then they would not produce kids. Looks life people still like their shitty life. I am sometimes asking myself what am I doing in this strange place? Maybe I should change the galaxy :)