Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Post by Winston »

This disturbing documentary film is guaranteed to turn anyone into a vegetarian! Please watch and pass on.

Earthlings (2005) - Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, EARTHLINGS chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit.

Raving reviews on IMDB from shocked and horrified viewers:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358456/reviews
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what Steve Hoca told me about the film "Earthlings".

"Winston:

About a year ago, I limited my mean diet to only chicken and turkey and some fish, namely because they are the easiest to raise outside in an open pasture. These are known as free-range animals.

Pigs and cows suffer immensely, especially in a factory farm. It was Earthlings and Food Inc. (both on You Tube) that made me change. I am sick to my stomach everytime I realize how sociopathic these people who run these factory farms are. I am glad you a a vegetarian. In fact, it's the most healthy way to go. My diet consists of about 80-85 percent non-animal products. I want to eventually get off of all animal products entirely.

The kosher practice if killing cows is brutal beyond comprehension. It's like a slave concentration camp for these animals. The only difference is, they never get out alive.

Keep up the good work Winston. You are a philisopher of the ages.

Steve"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I go to my Asian market and buy fish and butcher them myself. They got ducks and chickens with the heads on, too. They also got live tilapia, too. So you can get it super fresh.

Factory farms make me sad, and if I could I'd go hunting and fishing more and buy more local stuff.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: This film is guaranteed to turn you into a vegetarian!

Post by Winston »

Here Mark Passio, an expert on the Illuminati and Occult, and former priest of the Church of Satan, explains why eating meat is wrong and debunks all the typical excuses and justifications that humans give for eating meat. Vegetarians will love this one.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Post by Winston »

Mark Passio's audio podcast shows about Carnism and the immorality of eating meal and how it violates the divine natural law of the universe. Contains many good points and arguments.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txSH7ThXPE

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlRXnaWVfWY

Mark Passio's slide show presentations on the immorality of Carnism:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eric Dubay:

The idea that humans must consume animal flesh and excretions as part of a balanced diet is a monstrous myth that is quietly murdering billions of humans, animals and the environment. Heart Disease, Cancer, Stroke, Diabetes and the other 15 leading causes of human death have now been repeatedly verified and concluded through scientific meta-studies to be caused by the consumption of animal products. Furthermore, switching to a plant-based diet has proven to reverse almost all of them! The following documentary proves beyond any reasonable doubt that humans are NOT natural omnivores or carnivores, in fact every organ in our bodies is that of a frugivore/herbivore, and our choice to believe otherwise is slowly killing all of our friends, human and animal.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXbbSshEkY[/youtube]

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

As disturbing as some of the slaughter methods are, animals are far more cruel to themselves in terms of predatory behavior and territorial violence.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:As disturbing as some of the slaughter methods are, animals are far more cruel to themselves in terms of predatory behavior and territorial violence.
There you have it out of the horse's own mouth.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

9 Reasons Your Canine Teeth Don’t Make You a Meat-Eater

http://freefromharm.org/photo-galleries ... eat-eater/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:As disturbing as some of the slaughter methods are, animals are far more cruel to themselves in terms of predatory behavior and territorial violence.
Some animals. But not all. Do you eat tigers and cheetahs? Cows, pigs and chickens are not cruel to other animals. So why should you eat them? Also animals like horses and elephants are not cruel to other animals.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The Dalai Lama eats meat because his doctor told him too. The fact is that we are carnivores and if someone needs meat to be healthy they should eat it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
Some animals. But not all. Do you eat tigers and cheetahs? Cows, pigs and chickens are not cruel to other animals. So why should you eat them? Also animals like horses and elephants are not cruel to other animals.
You did not get my point. Most animals are cruel to other animals OF THE SAME SPECIES, often far more cruel than we are to them. Have you ever seen a male lion kill the lion cubs of another male so he can sire his own offspring? Have you seen wild pigs, chickens, and even wild horses battle each other with brutal fervor?

The fact is you are VIRTUE SIGNALING. Unless you don't own any leather goods or any other animal-derived products, please cut the crap and spare us the SJW, snowflake moral lecture.

What the freak is next for you to trumpet, leafy greens and fibrous veggie rights?

I eat meat; get over it.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on September 5th, 2017, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Upon a single watching, my cat became vegan. I immediately ate my cat, because I don't tolerate that level of weakness in my house.

Really though, brutal is the way nature has always been. We aren't above that. I'd kill my meat myself if I had to, so it's not like I'm fine with it because I'm not doing the killing. The trouble is that most people are now so far removed from the natural world that they view what is natural as inhumane.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:Eric Dubay:

The idea that humans must consume animal flesh and excretions as part of a balanced diet is a monstrous myth that is quietly murdering billions of humans, animals and the environment. Heart Disease, Cancer, Stroke, Diabetes and the other 15 leading causes of human death have now been repeatedly verified and concluded through scientific meta-studies to be caused by the consumption of animal products. Furthermore, switching to a plant-based diet has proven to reverse almost all of them!
Do these studies take into account whether people eat just small amounts of meat? Someone who eats burgers every day for lunch and steak every night may not be as healthy as someone who eats a few quality cuts of meat every week, but eats several vegetarian or near vegetarian meals. If we think about what some peoples ate in history, the British may have eaten a few tiny strips of bacon in the morning or an egg, but mainly eaten vegetables. Many of the Native Americans may have eaten mostly corn, beans, and squash, but might get some meat from a dear or small game every week or every week or two. (I am guessing.) And they may have eaten fish.

When we think about historical peoples, they would need a diet with complete protein. That is a problem that dairy products and meat can solve rather easily. Some of the Native American tribes ate corn and beans together, a complete protein.

But I hear vegetarians have no way of getting B12 except by supplementing. Modern supplements vegetarians get are made from a bacteria developed in the lab. The other way of getting it, the way necessary for much of history, was to eat certain types of meat. It is found in beef if I remember correctly. Why would we need a nutrient that we'd need to eat meat to get if eating meat is so bad?

Metanalysis has a lot of problems with it. For one thing, data is usually skewed because non-statistically significant results are stored in the 'round file.' Journals do not want to publish them though they may be valid research related to the issue, the type of research that should be included in a metanalysis type approach, theoretically.

In some cases, the variables used in different studies are defined differently, and the researcher doing metanalysis may have to use some fuzzy techniques to make two studies be about the same variable. I am not sure if health-related studies suffer the same issues as constructs in the social sciences, though. There is a lot of judgment involved, here, and the researcher has an incentive to make it work and to get the results like all researchers do. Maybe HouseMD could answer that. But I don't know if med school touches on this research methodology stuff that much.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Just think of those poor potatoes. They live out their lives buried under ground, in a confined space. Then, some human plucks the potato out of the only home it has ever known and takes it to a kitchen. WIthout mercy, the cook cuts the poor potatoes eyes off. Then it flays the potato, removing the potatoes skin. The cook may choose to boil the potato, bake it, or fry it in hot oil.

Would you want what happens to the potato to happen to you?