Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster
Posts: 177
Joined: June 29th, 2016, 9:18 am

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by livefreeordie » July 17th, 2016, 5:22 am

This is a good subject to examine

Id say its predominantly the result of the masses of people projecting the 'life is hard/reality is hard' combined with the 'its hard to get what i want' belief system both consciously and subconsciously

Think about the following points:
-Our parents through their actions, behaviour and emotion drill into us that life is hard, and its hard to get what you want
-School drills into us that we need to sit on our asses for 7 hours a day to memorize facts, and that life is hard
-TV and Films are full of stories where life is hard, the protagonist is suffering
-News are full of images and stories of why life is hard, life is dangerous and a cold hard place
-Who we are ( powerless peons amongst many ) and what we can do ( not much against this powers that be/world)

When we were kids full of innocence, a natural sense of play and curiosity, we were full of a sense that life was fun, life was a bit magical even. Over the years the brainwashing and indoctrination of breaking us down into the serious business of being debt slaves has been developed over many centuries, and the western woman/feminism/western marriage construct seems to be a pivotal part of that debt slavery, and has an inevitability to it when it comes to divorces /split ups

There are essential foundational philosophies at play here also:
-Do we continue to till the barren soil from being thrown out of the garden of eden ( rejecting nature and embracing luciferian constructs of 'technology')
-Do we take action out of fear everyday ( got to pay the bills, got to do this job i hate ) vs out of joy ( im passionate about creating this, i love contributing this value to the world )
-Do we live with a sense of 'things are going to go wrong' when things are good (we have all experienced this to an extent)

Another powerful way as my favourite metaphysical source bashar describes, you ask yourself the magic question:
-What would i have to believe about X, in order to experience this?

So I will play this out for myself as an illustration, see if you can relate:
-What would I believe about Murphy's Law/Life, in order to experience it?

-There are forces in the world that dont want me to be successful
-There is always something that goes wrong
-Im worried things will sabotage when im doing good
-Im my own worst enemy
-I dont want to be successful?
-Im scared ill be too visible if im successful
-There are scumbags that want to steal/cheat me out of my money
-Im too gullible

The big win is once you have flushed out the negative belief, its far easier to drop it right there, attack it with logic or various methods like EFT, hypnosis or some otheer method you are drawn to

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27499
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law and Charlie Brown Luck?

Post by Winston » July 17th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Adama wrote: So there is an unseen force at work. And it doesn't like you, Winston? That doesn't sound like a good thing, at all. You would have to wonder, why would the "universe" do such things to you? That's if this is all true.

It certainly could be that you're under some kind of delusion. But if it is real I would be more afraid. If there is a powerful unseen force which is toying with your life, that is something to be very concerned about. Oh well.
Winston wrote:What do you think of using spells to break curses and bad luck? Would that help?

Check out these spells you can buy on Ebay that claim to be able to remove curses and bad luck. They are cheap. Some of them have a money back guarantee too.
Using sorcery and witchcraft to cancel out sorcery and witchcraft would be worse than taking out a loan with terrible terms to pay off a loan with bad terms. You're only going to go deeper.

Besides that, if there is an unseen force, you may not be powerful enough to counter it. Your fight against it could worsen your problem.
No one knows. But perhaps the ancients were right. They believed that there were multiple gods that fought with each other and picked favorites among humans subjectively. For example in Greek mythology, the gods sometimes decided they liked someone and would help them out. Other times, they decided to curse someone. It was very subjective. And the gods would battle each other too, such as in the war between Greece and Troy, where the gods split up with some helping Greece and others helping Troy.

Either way, Christianity doesn't always have the solution. Even most exorcisms fail. And many Christian prayers go unanswered too. So Christianity doesn't solve all problems and isn't the answer to everything.

You are also assuming that all magic and witchcraft is black and Satanic. What if your beliefs are wrong, and there is good and black magic? Did you consider that? You gotta consider that YOU MAY BE WRONG in your beliefs too, not just others.

Ancient people had a lot of knowledge and wisdom that we don't. They were more in touch with nature. If they believe in good and bad magic, then there's probably something to it, even if Christianity says otherwise. Beliefs in magic far precede Christianity. The ancient Celtics, Druids, Egyptians, Babylonians, Atlanteans, etc. all had occult knowledge that was lost, which the Illuminati have today. If the world were truly black and white and all about God vs. Satan, then the ancients were all wrong, which is unlikely. It's more likely that the black and white view of Christianity is wrong.

Every religion has truths and falsehoods. Christianity is no exception. You have no skepticism toward it. If you did, you would know that maybe you are wrong too. Consider that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27499
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Winston » July 17th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Adama wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:Winston, have you played Roulette in Vegas?
Yes I have. Why? The odds in it are too heavily against me and there is no strategy that changes those odds. So I don't play it.
That has nothing to do with Murphy's Law though. Yes some people are luckier than others at gambling.
Probability does not explain everything. Some things defy probability. You know what I mean. Every truth seeker knows this. Many examples could be given. But you get the point.
On a "double zero" Roulette table, your chance of winning on black/red, even/odd, or high/low is approx. 47.37%, versus the house at 52.63%.

If you believe that you have "bad luck", then a simple test would be to make consistent, minimum bets in roulette. If true, then someone else who make bets against you would surely profit.
If this truly does happen to Winston then uncovering it will not be that simple. The force will certainly not allow itself to be revealed so easily. This plan would not work, but I bet also through some other miracle Winston also would lose.
You are right. If there is a Murphy's Law, then it's due to some hidden order in the universe, or it's from a deity or deities, or forces from the spirit world such as angels and demons, or a complex computer simulation AI algorithm, as Starchild5 stated. Either way, it's something far beyond our reality and cannot be fooled or manipulated with simple linear logic like Momopi suggested. He is a left brained person with linear logic and an atheist too, that's why he doesn't understand or respect higher forces.

But Momopi was talking about others benefiting from my Murphy's Law, not me.

This could also be due to karma. Or as New Agers would say, "the law of attraction" in that anything you believe in or fear will manifest, including Murphy's Law.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law and Charlie Brown Luck?

Post by Adama » July 17th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote: So there is an unseen force at work. And it doesn't like you, Winston? That doesn't sound like a good thing, at all. You would have to wonder, why would the "universe" do such things to you? That's if this is all true.

It certainly could be that you're under some kind of delusion. But if it is real I would be more afraid. If there is a powerful unseen force which is toying with your life, that is something to be very concerned about. Oh well.
Winston wrote:What do you think of using spells to break curses and bad luck? Would that help?

Check out these spells you can buy on Ebay that claim to be able to remove curses and bad luck. They are cheap. Some of them have a money back guarantee too.
Using sorcery and witchcraft to cancel out sorcery and witchcraft would be worse than taking out a loan with terrible terms to pay off a loan with bad terms. You're only going to go deeper.

Besides that, if there is an unseen force, you may not be powerful enough to counter it. Your fight against it could worsen your problem.
No one knows. But perhaps the ancients were right. They believed that there were multiple gods that fought with each other and picked favorites among humans subjectively. For example in Greek mythology, the gods sometimes decided they liked someone and would help them out. Other times, they decided to curse someone. It was very subjective. And the gods would battle each other too, such as in the war between Greece and Troy, where the gods split up with some helping Greece and others helping Troy.

Either way, Christianity doesn't always have the solution. Even most exorcisms fail. And many Christian prayers go unanswered too. So Christianity doesn't solve all problems and isn't the answer to everything.

You are also assuming that all magic and witchcraft is black and Satanic. What if your beliefs are wrong, and there is good and black magic? Did you consider that? You gotta consider that YOU MAY BE WRONG in your beliefs too, not just others.

Ancient people had a lot of knowledge and wisdom that we don't. They were more in touch with nature. If they believe in good and bad magic, then there's probably something to it, even if Christianity says otherwise. Beliefs in magic far precede Christianity. The ancient Celtics, Druids, Egyptians, Babylonians, Atlanteans, etc. all had occult knowledge that was lost, which the Illuminati have today. If the world were truly black and white and all about God vs. Satan, then the ancients were all wrong, which is unlikely. It's more likely that the black and white view of Christianity is wrong.

Every religion has truths and falsehoods. Christianity is no exception. You have no skepticism toward it. If you did, you would know that maybe you are wrong too. Consider that.
The confusion here, Mr Wu, is that you are appealing to authority and groupthink. For some reason you hold cultures you know very little about in very high esteem, even referencing their false gods from ancient times. You accept fables as truth. And basically you're saying since every culture had fables, therefore fables must be true.

Black and white magic are both very real. There is no doubt about that. However you continually fail to remember that Satan can manifest himself as an angel of light. White magic is Luciferian. Black magic is Satanic. Tell me, what is the difference? Not much of any difference at all. This is not a hard concept.

As for groupthink, Winston, you should know better than this. Let's say that the vast, vast majority of people are going to hell just as Jesus revealed to us. Why would you then use the popularity of something as proof that it is a good thing? If all those people who were doing those things comprise the majority, and we know the majority of people are going to hell, how then can you use the majority opinion as if it should be a significant consideration? This isn't investing in the stock markets, Winston. This is not gambling. This is spiritual, right? How then do you suppose that the vast majority of people can hold different beliefs but yet each be correct?

The problem with most Christians and former Christians like yourself, is that they never truly came to believe in Christ. Instead they chose to believe that salvation comes through "being a good person", "forgiving and loving one another as yourself" or some other work salvation. If most Christians believe the wrong thing, they do not belong to God. The way is narrow and they missed the mark. In fact, you can tell these fools all day everyday that they've missed the mark and they'll simply hate you for it. No skin off my back. Hate the messenger for the message is fine by me.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Re:

Post by Adama » July 17th, 2016, 5:31 pm

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:Winston, have you played Roulette in Vegas?
Yes I have. Why? The odds in it are too heavily against me and there is no strategy that changes those odds. So I don't play it.
That has nothing to do with Murphy's Law though. Yes some people are luckier than others at gambling.
Probability does not explain everything. Some things defy probability. You know what I mean. Every truth seeker knows this. Many examples could be given. But you get the point.
On a "double zero" Roulette table, your chance of winning on black/red, even/odd, or high/low is approx. 47.37%, versus the house at 52.63%.

If you believe that you have "bad luck", then a simple test would be to make consistent, minimum bets in roulette. If true, then someone else who make bets against you would surely profit.
If this truly does happen to Winston then uncovering it will not be that simple. The force will certainly not allow itself to be revealed so easily. This plan would not work, but I bet also through some other miracle Winston also would lose.
You are right. If there is a Murphy's Law, then it's due to some hidden order in the universe, or it's from a deity or deities, or forces from the spirit world such as angels and demons, or a complex computer simulation AI algorithm, as Starchild5 stated. Either way, it's something far beyond our reality and cannot be fooled or manipulated with simple linear logic like Momopi suggested. He is a left brained person with linear logic and an atheist too, that's why he doesn't understand or respect higher forces.

But Momopi was talking about others benefiting from my Murphy's Law, not me.

This could also be due to karma. Or as New Agers would say, "the law of attraction" in that anything you believe in or fear will manifest, including Murphy's Law.
But I addressed that. It doesn't matter who benefits. To allow anyone to benefit would be that force allowing itself to be directly revealed. I mean that would be absolute proof for anyone. Such things will not ever allow themselves to be revealed in that way. There must always be room for doubt in the mind, because spiritual things can only be discerned by the spirit, not by the mind.
it's due to some hidden order in the universe, or it's from a deity or deities, or forces from the spirit world such as angels and demons, or a complex computer simulation AI algorithm
I think I saw all those movies when I was a kid.

There are no other deities (sorry India). There is God, The Holy Ghost, and His angels. Then there is Satan and his demons. God's angels can only do godly things. Satan's demons can inflict harm.

Also, Satan needs permission to touch people, as you might recall from the book of Job and from Paul's judgment of the man who was going with his mother-in-law in the New Testament.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Rock » July 17th, 2016, 6:22 pm

What about the opposite of Murphy's Law when you get super lucky against all the odds? That's happened to me quite a few times for small and big things.

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by starchild5 » July 18th, 2016, 5:48 am

gnosis wrote:
starchild5 wrote:Murphy Law cosmic power can be subdued by higher purer cosmic energies through gemstones. Gemstone are antennas to bring in higher cosmic energies into your body. IT REALLY WORKS>
Don't you ever think that sometimes when things go "wrong," they are actually going right? I mean, what if there's a higher purpose in some of the strange stuff that happens to us? (Not all of it, but maybe some of it.)
The thing is...

There is no suffering in spirituality. You can really get right without going through wrong, if one follows spiritual principles. That is the whole purpose of Sanatan Dharma. TO STOP HUMAN SUFFERING and eventually reach God.

The life has BECOME like this that sometimes when things go "wrong," they are actually going right but at what cost, suffering is not part of spirituality. In this example, Murphy Law is no fun, it pains you, frustrates you....people would say, it would teach you a lesson, there is no lesson to be learned through pain....That is Satanic thinking....They would love to torture you to understand things in life...

IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUIRED FOR THINGS TO GO WRONG IN YOUR LIFE TO TEACH YOU SOMETHINGS. It only happens when you do not follow Dharma.

You do not have to suffer in this life to learn lessons. This is one of the greater lesssons to learn, which is twisted in the west.....ohhh, so your life is messed up, no worries, there could be a higher purpose for your suffering, god is testing you...NOOOOOO....God would never torture you to realize truth

The real god is not a psychopath, or satan to make you suffer to learn things. You can learn things when you are super happy, super rich, super comfortable. No one needs to go through "bad phase" in life to reach god.

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by starchild5 » July 18th, 2016, 6:04 am

Winston is suffering unnecessarily, because somehow, he is led to believe living on planet earth like rest of humanity that, there could be a lesson to learn in all these suffering.

As i mentioned above. Its dark forces programming that came through our parents, teachers, friends, wife that suffering and pain would eventually teach us something. IT IS A GIGANTIC LIE.

There is NO SUFFERING IN SPIRITUALITY. Whatever suffering you see around in places of "spiritual worship", people praying endlessly and never getting their wish fulfilled, crying in church, mosque and temple. Its satanic.

I can even guarantee Winston that. After 5 years, he will still feel the effect of Murphy law and would update this thread. I know it sounds harsh but its the truth. These forces do not care about humanity, they are extremely powerful. Only pure gemstones can protect you. That's the gift of Dharma for humanity. It recognizes good and bad cosmic force in the universe and how to align with good cosmic force through gemstones.

I have recognized Murphy Law as one can read my past posts, however, I officially state here that I have successfully come out of Murphy Law and it does not effect me now. I'm aligned to higher forces that can subdue Murphy Law.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27499
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Winston » July 19th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Rock wrote:What about the opposite of Murphy's Law when you get super lucky against all the odds? That's happened to me quite a few times for small and big things.
Yeah good luck happens too. No one here denies that. What's the luckiest thing that's happened to you?

However, good luck doesn't always last. For example, I've met my soulmate 3 or 4 times, even in the US I have. It seems perfect at first, like a miracle or dream come true. Perfect chemistry, connection, attraction, etc. Like a dream. Then she starts pulling away and making excuses and issues, even when there are none. It's like you aren't good enough for such a soulmate relationship, to the universe is trying to take it away from you. Or it's not meant to be, or some people are just not meant for a stable relationship. Also, unstable people attract other unstable people, and that combo usually results in a crash and burn. Women also change their minds easily. Some women will break up for trivial reasons. Others stay with their men even when they become criminals.

I've told you all this before. So even if I get lucky, it's only temporary and short lived. How do you explain that? Some people's lives have this pattern.

Others find their soulmate when they are 18 or 20 and live happily ever after. It's not that they did anything better or special. It's just destiny. Like you said Rock, everyone has a different package in life. Some have more of this and less of that, and vice versa. No one can explain it. That's just the way it is. We don't have control over most things in life. But American culture and New Age philosophy teaches that everything is controllable and that choice determines everything. That's not true in my experience. Those are just words. In my experience, if something is meant to be, it comes naturally and easily. If not, it won't come and if you try to "make it happen" it will blow up in your face and go wrong. So I don't see how Americans and New Agers claim that everything is controllable and up to you.

Comprende?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27499
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by Winston » July 19th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Three weird events of Murphy's Law just happened in a row to me in New Mexico:

On the way to Roswell, a scary Murphy's Law event happened. I was having a peaceful drive when all of a sudden a long gas truck with two compartments pulled across the highway in front of me. I had to slam the brakes to avoid hitting it. Behind me was a white van tailgating me from close behind which was in danger of hitting me too. But I had no choice and had to slam the brakes. When I did, time seemed to slow down as I watched the long gas truck pass by. When I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw the driver behind me swerve to the side to avoid hitting me.

Geez! Why did both vehicles have to come at the same time? Stupid Murphy's Law! Geez! I hate it when shit like that happens. Why does shit like that always happens to me? Why does Murphy's Law always seem to make things get in my way like that?! Why does Murphy's Law always want to disturb the peace like that?! It was like the universe was giving me a sign that I am always "between a rock and a hard place", which I always seem to be. Why do I have such weird luck like that?

Also, why do people have to tailgate?! Don't tailgaters know that by following close behind another car on the highway, that if an emergency happens and the driver in front of them has to slam on the brakes, they will have a higher risk of rear ending them?! Tailgating is so God damn f***ing stupid! Sheesh. Why did God make so many stupid people?! Sheesh. I HATE stressful situations like that. They are like a THREAT to me!

Then, the next evening at the movie theater in Roswell, when I went to see Spiderman 2, another weird thing happened that never happened before. When I got my ticket, popcorn and coke, and approached the door to the theater, there was a wet floor sign in front of it. I was afraid to walk across it and had no free hand to open the door, and there was no staff or ticket taker around to help me open the door. So I walked around not knowing what to do for a while. Wtf?! The movie had just started and I was anxious to go in but didn't have a way to. After a while, I found a guy to open the door for me and the floor become drier to walk on.

That had never happened before. I've been to the movies many times but never saw a wet floor sign in front of the entrance door. There was ONLY a wet floor and sign in front of MY door, NOT the other doors! Again, it's like Murphy's Law was targeting ME SPECIFICALLY! What luck. Again, why does the universe always seem to be BLOCKING me and getting in the way with weird shit like that?! Wtf is going on?!

Then when I came out and told the security guard about it -- suggesting that there should be someone around to help people open doors and pass over a wet floor -- he was rude and said something like "So what? People slip and fall on wet floors all the time." Wtf did he mean by that?! What a prick. I was pissed. The next day, I called the theater manager to report that security guard's rude behavior. The manager apologized and told me that he would talk to that guard about that.

After two nights, I left Roswell to drive to the other side of the state. When I was leaving town and making a right turn at an intersection, the two cars in front of me made the right turn with no problem. But when it came time for my turn, a group of pedestrians walked out in front of me and blocked my way! Why does the universe ALWAYS do that to me and target ME SPECIFICALLY like that? Wtf?! This type of thing has happened to me zillions of times. And it always seems to specifically target me out of others around me! Wtf is going on?! This kind of thing ALWAYS happens to me! Why?!?!?!?!

That's like three weird Murphy's Law events in a row that happened to me in Roswell. Maybe Roswell has some weird energy there, which is why an alien saucer crashed there back in 1947 allegedly. lol
No, you're just being a b.o.o.b. That happens to practically everyone. Seriously. The problem is that you take such offense to these incidents that it leaves a deep mental note, when in reality, after you've told the story one time you should have forgotten about these incidents within 24 hours. Your mind is noticing nonsense here, little buddy. No one else is paying attention to this and taking it personally. This stuff happens to everyone. The reason why people don't agree with you is because no one takes it so seriously that they try to start keeping an account of them all.

Otherwise I believe you with the women, but as far as traffic, it just seems so silly.

Also, you are directly cursing yourself by reporting that security guard for rudeness. Even if he was a jerk, he still has bills to pay, like rent or a mortgage. By reporting him for a minor matter of no consequence, you actually hurt his employment opportunities. I wouldn't complain to anyone over something minor like that, because you know later on someone might complain about me for something minor. And if my supervisor or manager was already looking for a reason to can me, that could be the thing she needed: a customer complaint.
Yeah maybe I overreacted to that security guard's rudeness and shouldn't have reported him. But I was pissed. How often do you see a wet floor in front of the door when you are about to enter a theater with popcorn and coke in your hands? You don't even have free hands to balance yourself. Plus I was in the US at the time which is always lonely and depressing. When you are lonely and unhappy, any little thing will rattle you. I'm sure you know how that is. Plus I was tired of seeing Murphy's Law happen everyday too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Rock » July 19th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:What about the opposite of Murphy's Law when you get super lucky against all the odds? That's happened to me quite a few times for small and big things.
Yeah good luck happens too. No one here denies that. What's the luckiest thing that's happened to you?

However, good luck doesn't always last. For example, I've met my soulmate 3 or 4 times, even in the US I have. It seems perfect at first, like a miracle or dream come true. Perfect chemistry, connection, attraction, etc. Like a dream. Then she starts pulling away and making excuses and issues, even when there are none. It's like you aren't good enough for such a soulmate relationship, to the universe is trying to take it away from you. Or it's not meant to be, or some people are just not meant for a stable relationship. Also, unstable people attract other unstable people, and that combo usually results in a crash and burn. Women also change their minds easily. Some women will break up for trivial reasons. Others stay with their men even when they become criminals.

I've told you all this before. So even if I get lucky, it's only temporary and short lived. How do you explain that? Some people's lives have this pattern.

Others find their soulmate when they are 18 or 20 and live happily ever after. It's not that they did anything better or special. It's just destiny. Like you said Rock, everyone has a different package in life. Some have more of this and less of that, and vice versa. No one can explain it. That's just the way it is. We don't have control over most things in life. But American culture and New Age philosophy teaches that everything is controllable and that choice determines everything. That's not true in my experience. Those are just words. In my experience, if something is meant to be, it comes naturally and easily. If not, it won't come and if you try to "make it happen" it will blow up in your face and go wrong. So I don't see how Americans and New Agers claim that everything is controllable and up to you.

Comprende?
1. Bad luck doesn't last either in many cases. And sometimes good luck does last longer.

2. If you had found your soulmate when you were 18-20, you'd probably be regretting now cus she would be too old to satisfy your passion and lust. Even Dianne was a 8-9 for you for quite awhile till you tired of her and lost interest (I guess it's pretty common for lust to decline after you're with same woman for awhile no matter how hot).

3. You have a very closed mind about changing yourself in any way. You are not willing to make big commitments and take big efforts to improve your health and physical appearance. You are not willing to learn how to behave more like a masculine mature man instead of being wishy washy, indecisive, and slow. How can you expect an attractive young Chinese girl to stay interested in you under those conditions. Yet you always put the blame clearly on external forces. You refuse to take even a tiny bit of responsibility for the outcomes you get in your life.

When I was in China, Summer said a few things to me which made a lot of sense. It basically fit in with my own beliefs on this. And Summer is one who really doesn't care much about physical appearance. Her last bf was in his 50s and not attractive.

gnosis
Freshman Poster
Posts: 445
Joined: August 28th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by gnosis » July 19th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Why are you so worried about Murphy's law, Winston? What's stopping you from going back to China and exploring more? It's worth noting that no woman on the planet can make you happy. The idea that you will be content if you just find the right girl is an illusion.

GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
Posts: 475
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 11:07 am

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by GoingAwol » August 2nd, 2016, 10:13 am

Winston,
I've been a victim of Murphy's Law a lot. It seems like things never go smoothly for me no matter how thoroughly I plan things. For example, I can leave to go somewhere really early, but I end up being late to arrive at my destination anyway because I get stuck behind a slow driver, a wreck, a funeral procession, road work, or I get pulled over. Do you know what I mean? Does that kind of stuff happen to you?

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Adama » August 2nd, 2016, 9:51 pm

That had never happened before. I've been to the movies many times but never saw a wet floor sign in front of the entrance door. There was ONLY a wet floor and sign in front of MY door, NOT the other doors! Again, it's like Murphy's Law was targeting ME SPECIFICALLY! What luck. Again, why does the universe always seem to be BLOCKING me and getting in the way with weird shit like that?! Wtf is going on?!

Then when I came out and told the security guard about it -- suggesting that there should be someone around to help people open doors and pass over a wet floor -- he was rude and said something like "So what? People slip and fall on wet floors all the time." Wtf did he mean by that?! What a prick. I was pissed.
Yeah, this is probably just a copy of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. You're a writer-actor, Winston. Maybe you should submit your stories to some Jewish producer somewhere. Or maybe you could become a staff writer for SNL or some comedy dunkopf on HBO. Just write down all your Murphy's Law experiences. As I picture them in my mind, reminds me of a comedy skit. Yeah, Murphy's Law.

Is Murphy's Law your gods' way of punishing you, Winston?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27499
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: How do you explain Murphy's Law? Its definitely REAL.

Post by Winston » August 2nd, 2016, 11:52 pm

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:What about the opposite of Murphy's Law when you get super lucky against all the odds? That's happened to me quite a few times for small and big things.
Yeah good luck happens too. No one here denies that. What's the luckiest thing that's happened to you?

However, good luck doesn't always last. For example, I've met my soulmate 3 or 4 times, even in the US I have. It seems perfect at first, like a miracle or dream come true. Perfect chemistry, connection, attraction, etc. Like a dream. Then she starts pulling away and making excuses and issues, even when there are none. It's like you aren't good enough for such a soulmate relationship, to the universe is trying to take it away from you. Or it's not meant to be, or some people are just not meant for a stable relationship. Also, unstable people attract other unstable people, and that combo usually results in a crash and burn. Women also change their minds easily. Some women will break up for trivial reasons. Others stay with their men even when they become criminals.

I've told you all this before. So even if I get lucky, it's only temporary and short lived. How do you explain that? Some people's lives have this pattern.

Others find their soulmate when they are 18 or 20 and live happily ever after. It's not that they did anything better or special. It's just destiny. Like you said Rock, everyone has a different package in life. Some have more of this and less of that, and vice versa. No one can explain it. That's just the way it is. We don't have control over most things in life. But American culture and New Age philosophy teaches that everything is controllable and that choice determines everything. That's not true in my experience. Those are just words. In my experience, if something is meant to be, it comes naturally and easily. If not, it won't come and if you try to "make it happen" it will blow up in your face and go wrong. So I don't see how Americans and New Agers claim that everything is controllable and up to you.

Comprende?
1. Bad luck doesn't last either in many cases. And sometimes good luck does last longer.

2. If you had found your soulmate when you were 18-20, you'd probably be regretting now cus she would be too old to satisfy your passion and lust. Even Dianne was a 8-9 for you for quite awhile till you tired of her and lost interest (I guess it's pretty common for lust to decline after you're with same woman for awhile no matter how hot).

3. You have a very closed mind about changing yourself in any way. You are not willing to make big commitments and take big efforts to improve your health and physical appearance. You are not willing to learn how to behave more like a masculine mature man instead of being wishy washy, indecisive, and slow. How can you expect an attractive young Chinese girl to stay interested in you under those conditions. Yet you always put the blame clearly on external forces. You refuse to take even a tiny bit of responsibility for the outcomes you get in your life.

When I was in China, Summer said a few things to me which made a lot of sense. It basically fit in with my own beliefs on this. And Summer is one who really doesn't care much about physical appearance. Her last bf was in his 50s and not attractive.
I told you. I can't be something I'm not. I'm too laid back and not like you, always in a rush like a Type A personality. You can't stop to smell the roses because you rush through everything and don't appreciate life's little moments.

I did diet and exercise a lot. But our body has its own consciousness. Some bodies don't want to lose weight. It's not always simple math or calorie counts. Even the BBC claimed this in its program about weight loss.

I didn't do anything wrong with Summer. Some women just change quickly and lie about the reasons why. You said women don't have linear logic. I'll bet you 100 dollars Rock that you can't name something I did wrong around Summer that a REASONABLE MAN wouldn't have done. Something concrete I mean.

I am an nice guy and a careful one. I don't offend women and I am far more tactful than you Rock. You say a lot of tactless things and sometimes you get away with them, because you are tall, white and thin. But some people dislike you for it too, including men. So am very tactful and go with the flow. I don't shoot myself in the foot like stupid white guys do in comedy movies.

I challenge you to name something concrete I do wrong on my dates that a REASONABLE MAN would not have done. Something real and irrefutable I mean. Why don't you ask Lisa the same question? She admits that I did nothing wrong and that SHE was the one who changed, NOT ME.

You said that women don't make sense. Some women will stand by their man even when they become criminals. Yet when a guy is nice and does nothing wrong like me, he gets dumped. It makes no sense. Even Summer claimed to still be in love with her ex boyfriend who went to jail for hijacking an office in a skyscraper. You should ask her about that. So if a man is jailed as a criminal, he somehow deserves the love of a woman, whereas a guy who is good like me and does nothing wrong doesn't deserve love? What kind of f***ed UP LOGIC is that Rock??????????????? I dare you to justify that LOGICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that when Mark Chapman shot and killed John Lennon, his Asian wife Gloria said that she still loved him despite what happened? How do you explain that?

Women don't care what you do Rock. If they love you, they will love you even if you are a criminal. If they don't, they will use the most trivial excuse to dump you or break up with you. You know that Rock. So how is that my fault??????? ANSWER!!!!!!!!

Are you a man of logic and truth, or a victim blamer and bully?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”