what would you do?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

what would you do?

Post by Citizen »

I don't know if I will get any replies but I will ask anyway.
Seems like many here have in one way or another ended up either in the omega wolf or lone wolf category (Interesting how Hitler said that the jews destroyed his life meaning something similar happened to him). Imagine some "people" offered you a secret army of death, destruction and conquest. Think Cobra x 10 from GI Joe, the army of robots from Sky Marshal and the World of Tomorrow, the aliens from War of the Worlds or the alien invasion force in the Avengers movie. You must take this army and smash everybody and everything. Nothing could stand against you, not the Avengers, not the common cold, not Sky Marshal, not GI Joe, and certainly no army on earth. Would you take the army? With all that power you could gather the things you want and keep them safe. All the while the rest of the world is completely destroyed. Catch is YOU would be the one giving the orders to kill and destroy. It would no longer matter who committed crimes or actually damned the world, YOU would be the one who destroyed it. Hitler built an army to try and rule a world in the image he saw. He would have said yes. So would have Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. Would you refuse the army thus continuing to be rejected by women, robbed, perhaps poisoned and belittled by others or would you take the army and destroy/cleanse/remake the Earth?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Re: what would you do?

Post by Citizen »

If you were their leader, people with such power could undoubtedly have ensured your life was better. They didn't. They were either the architects, complicit or uncaring bystanders in what happened to your life. How long until they betrayed you? The Alpha and the Omega are the beginning and the end of the Greek alphabet. But in the wolf pack they are the leader and the fool scapegoat.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

No.

It's like having a pet lion in your house, no-one is going to burgle it but then you have to keep one eye open to make sure you aren't eaten alive when you are asleep.

I am not a natural psychopath - so - having any interest in creating a planet in my image has no interest to me.

Nor are fighting off potential enemies who want my leadership has any interest either.

I am gone in another 40-50 years, and a lot of you will be gone soon after - none of us are that important in the big scheme of things, our
passing through is only temporary.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

yick wrote:No.

It's like having a pet lion in your house, no-one is going to burgle it but then you have to keep one eye open to make sure you aren't eaten alive when you are asleep.

I am not a natural psychopath - so - having any interest in creating a planet in my image has no interest to me.

Nor are fighting off potential enemies who want my leadership has any interest either.

I am gone in another 40-50 years, and a lot of you will be gone soon after - none of us are that important in the big scheme of things, our
passing through is only temporary.
Thanks nice post. Got me thinking. Did a little reading on psychopaths. Malignant envy – envy of and the desire to possess and destroy that which the Psychopath is not or has not - happiness, goodness, wealth.... . Yeah, I am not like that either. I want to build and create like my family always did but I can only do that if there is a reason to do so. For me there is no reason anymore.
The part about a lion makes me think how different the great cats, mustelids and bears are from the dog family. Male lions, tigers, wolverines and bears all do battle alone while dogs and wolves do battle as a pack. Read a news article of 3 Marines who beat up and tortured a guy who was moving in on the wife of one of the three Marines. All that training and exercise but the Marine couldn't fight his own battle. I must stop using dog and wolf analogies, I have never fought as pack so certainly I am no dog or wolf.
Every ancient myth tells us there are some "people"? "things"? "creatures"? who are that important and somehow not temporary.

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”