Work and life aren't fair

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Work and life aren't fair

Post by Cornfed »

We all have different talents. For example, my mother could write cutesy little poems, rhymes and other stuff that would appeal to women and kids, but would always be in highly polished English. Now, the ability to do this was considered really cool, like being able to skip a stone over water or spit really far - great, but not the sort of thing you make a living out of.

But consider a young woman with her talents now. She could go to Silicon Valley and put out her shingle as an Internet Marketing Consultant. She wouldn’t even have to advertise, as people would be beating down her door, begging her to re-write their sales copy. She would be pulling seven figures, easy.

The point is, it is largely luck as to whether you are rewarded in this life, even excluding your parentage.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Work and life aren't fair

Post by Eric »

I think it's how you play your cards that you have. That's, in my experience...how it plays out. You have to be in a right place in the right time. Is that luck - I don't know? Some would call it luck, others fortuitous planning. Others might call it being balanced. The more I'm starting to see things follow a system in all life. Some might call that God - I don't know... but you can feel it. Whether you are in or are out of balance with that you can feel it also.

I had to recently start a supplement because my body doesn't produce serotonin enough naturally on my own. It helps me to realize my talents and skills and, abilities.....which would have been covered up or relegated to the dustbin without it or some kind of help. You have to align.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Work and life aren't fair

Post by Eric »

I think it's how you play your cards that you have. That's, in my experience...how it plays out. You have to be in a right place in the right time. Is that luck - I don't know? Some would call it luck, others fortuitous planning. Others might call it being balanced. The more I'm starting to see things follow a system in all life. Some might call that God - I don't know... but you can feel it. Whether you are in or are out of balance with that you can feel it also.

I had to recently start a supplement because my body doesn't produce serotonin enough naturally on my own. It helps me to realize my talents and skills and, abilities.....which would have been covered up or relegated to the dustbin without it or some kind of help. You have to align.
The harder you try the less you will be seen, the more you scramble and put forth artificial efforts the less your efforts will be realized or amount to anything. It's just how it is, it's how it works. We do nothing on our own... I used to think I could control through my efforts everything and make anything happen, no matter how hard life showed me this wouldn't work, I kept doing it, only thinking that I wasn't doing it enough and needed to try harder!
What foolishness. You have to get on the grid of life and get set.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.