Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 8th, 2017, 1:13 pm

publicduende wrote:
Yohan wrote:I know Philippines best with its 2 million streetchildren, as I take care of a Filipina fosterdaughter and also help some poor people next to her since many years.

However it was not so easy to find impoverished 'honest' people who are genuinely grateful to a foreigner helping them and are willing to study and to work hard to improve their own situation.

Many of these poor people are poor because they are unwilling to work anything productive, others are into alcohol and gambling, others are plainly lazy, others are turning out as criminals - future jail in and jail out. - I met all kind of people, adults and children - in Philippines these children by social workers are divided into 2 groups, and they are called either 'bright' or 'dumb' - and you cannot help 'dumb' people of any age, it would be a waste of time and money.
That is absolutely true, Yohan. Many of us land in the Philippines with all the best intentions and they somehow harbour the "kind savage" myth, that all these people are poor but make up by having a kind heart and a keen desire to get out of poverty. Reality is, as you say, most of the poor don't really do much to improve their condition. In some cases they inability to act is the very reason why they and their families are so destitute and hopeless.

Filipino families know this very well and, as I pointed out on previous posts, they tend to distance themselves from the "masa". They don't hate them or anything, but they consider themselves above all that. A mix of stoicism and cynicism. Of course they are, themselves, not immune from hypocrisy, corruption and unadulterated evil. From my experience in Davao and even Manila, most middle, upper or elite class families are "good people". I have seen many more "bad people" among the poor, to be honest.
There are real disadvantages to dating a "middle, upper or elite class woman".

Women with a job maybe "good people" but they are busy. She is too f***ing busy to see anyone. She will be studying or working ( :evil: TOTAL BULLSHIT!).
Last edited by Jonny Law on October 8th, 2017, 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by publicduende » October 8th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Jonny Law wrote:There are real disadvantages to dating a "middle, upper or elite class woman".

A woman with a job maybe "good people" but the are busy. She is too f***ing busy to see anyone. She will be studying or working (TOTAL BULLSHIT!).
The only disadvantage to dating a "middle, upper or elite class Filipina" is that she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are and make a judgment call that has at least some high-quality men, perhaps Pinoy, perhaps foreign, into account. In simpler words, the less desperate a woman, ANY woman is to find a man who can love and support her, the more she will be looking for higher-order qualities: cultural affinities, personality match, genuine physical attraction, probably a similar socio-economic status.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about it.

And, at least for me, ending up with a woman who is not only young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are, not for what meals you can put on her table everyday...that's the biggest turn-on ever!

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 8th, 2017, 1:34 pm

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:There are real disadvantages to dating a "middle, upper or elite class woman".

A woman with a job maybe "good people" but the are busy. She is too f***ing busy to see anyone. She will be studying or working (TOTAL BULLSHIT!).
The only disadvantage to dating a "middle, upper or elite class Filipina" is that she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are and make a judgment call that has at least some high-quality men, perhaps Pinoy, perhaps foreign, into account. In simpler words, the less desperate a woman, ANY woman is to find a man who can love and support her, the more she will be looking for higher-order qualities: cultural affinities, personality match, genuine physical attraction, probably a similar socio-economic status.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about it.

And, at least for me, ending up with a woman who is not only young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are, not for what meals you can put on her table everyday...that's the biggest turn-on ever!
I am happy that you are happy.
Good Job :D Finding your: "young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are"

You say
: "she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are"
WHAT A f***ing NIGHTMARE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-2ixICVow

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 19th, 2017, 3:33 pm

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:There are real disadvantages to dating a "middle, upper or elite class woman".

A woman with a job maybe "good people" but the are busy. She is too f***ing busy to see anyone. She will be studying or working (TOTAL BULLSHIT!).
The only disadvantage to dating a "middle, upper or elite class Filipina" is that she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are and make a judgment call that has at least some high-quality men, perhaps Pinoy, perhaps foreign, into account. In simpler words, the less desperate a woman, ANY woman is to find a man who can love and support her, the more she will be looking for higher-order qualities: cultural affinities, personality match, genuine physical attraction, probably a similar socio-economic status.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about it.

And, at least for me, ending up with a woman who is not only young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are, not for what meals you can put on her table everyday...that's the biggest turn-on ever!
GREAT ARTICLE publicduende!
I will never date a literate lady again!

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 19th, 2017, 3:34 pm

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:There are real disadvantages to dating a "middle, upper or elite class woman".

A woman with a job maybe "good people" but the are busy. She is too f***ing busy to see anyone. She will be studying or working (TOTAL BULLSHIT!).
The only disadvantage to dating a "middle, upper or elite class Filipina" is that she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are and make a judgment call that has at least some high-quality men, perhaps Pinoy, perhaps foreign, into account. In simpler words, the less desperate a woman, ANY woman is to find a man who can love and support her, the more she will be looking for higher-order qualities: cultural affinities, personality match, genuine physical attraction, probably a similar socio-economic status.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about it.

And, at least for me, ending up with a woman who is not only young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are, not for what meals you can put on her table everyday...that's the biggest turn-on ever!
GREAT ARTICLE publicduende!
I will never date a literate lady again!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by publicduende » October 19th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Jonny Law wrote:I am happy that you are happy.
Good Job :D Finding your: "young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are"

You say
: "she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are"
WHAT A f***ing NIGHTMARE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-2ixICVow
To each their own mate. I can f*ck anything that moves but when it comes to love and a long-term relationship, I am not turned on by knowing that I am nothing more than a Provider, an interchangeable source of food, shelter and occasional pink oboe.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 19th, 2017, 3:55 pm

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:I am happy that you are happy.
Good Job :D Finding your: "young, pretty, very well educated and from a good family, but loves you for who you are"

You say
: "she will have all the intellectual/cultural tools to see you for who you are"
WHAT A f***ing NIGHTMARE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-2ixICVow
To each their own mate. I can f*ck anything that moves but when it comes to love and a long-term relationship, I am not turned on by knowing that I am nothing more than a Provider, an interchangeable source of food, shelter and occasional pink oboe.
Hey Buddy,
You are happy and that's what's important!
I love illiterate ladies and they love me. They are usually in war zones or refugee camps. They are usually in the hard to reach areas of the world. But they are nice to me.
I will keep you updated. I will be returning to the danger-zone on October 29th :twisted:.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by publicduende » October 19th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Jonny Law wrote:Hey Buddy,
You are happy and that's what's important!
I love illiterate ladies and they love me. They are usually in war zones or refugee camps. They are usually in the hard to reach areas of the world. But they are nice to me.
I will keep you updated. I will be returning to the danger-zone on October 29th :twisted:.
You really go to refugee camps to find your girls, or that was just an hyperbole?

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 19th, 2017, 4:56 pm

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:Hey Buddy,
You are happy and that's what's important!
I love illiterate ladies and they love me. They are usually in war zones or refugee camps. They are usually in the hard to reach areas of the world. But they are nice to me.
I will keep you updated. I will be returning to the danger-zone on October 29th :twisted:.
You really go to refugee camps to find your girls, or that was just an hyperbole?
No hyperbole. I have been to refugee camps in the past. The future is unknown so I will keep you updated.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by publicduende » October 19th, 2017, 5:24 pm

Jonny Law wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:Hey Buddy,
You are happy and that's what's important!
I love illiterate ladies and they love me. They are usually in war zones or refugee camps. They are usually in the hard to reach areas of the world. But they are nice to me.
I will keep you updated. I will be returning to the danger-zone on October 29th :twisted:.
You really go to refugee camps to find your girls, or that was just an hyperbole?
No hyperbole. I have been to refugee camps in the past. The future is unknown so I will keep you updated.
I think you can do better than that. Just, leave Thailand alone. It's probably easier to find a good girl in Japan than Thailand!

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Jonny Law » October 20th, 2017, 11:18 am

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:Hey Buddy,
You are happy and that's what's important!
I love illiterate ladies and they love me. They are usually in war zones or refugee camps. They are usually in the hard to reach areas of the world. But they are nice to me.
I will keep you updated. I will be returning to the danger-zone on October 29th :twisted:.
You really go to refugee camps to find your girls, or that was just an hyperbole?
No hyperbole. I have been to refugee camps in the past. The future is unknown so I will keep you updated.
I think you can do better than that. Just, leave Thailand alone. It's probably easier to find a good girl in Japan than Thailand!
I say: Don't be so quick to judge!
You say:"I think you can do better than that. Just, leave Thailand alone."
Remember just a few decades ago ignorant fools would say the same shit about you going to the Philippines and finding a nice woman there!

User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by droid » October 24th, 2017, 6:41 pm

^lol you are indeed even more avant-garde than the poster suggesting samoa the other day
Last edited by droid on October 25th, 2017, 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by droid » October 24th, 2017, 6:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGlmLA-N0I[/youtube]

This guy's a bit on the douchy side but makes really good points.
Aside from that, notice it's yet another decent-looking chump fleeing the west. It's not just the "king of the hill" type of guys anymore, as some try to push.
Last edited by droid on October 25th, 2017, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2666
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by Yohan » October 24th, 2017, 7:44 pm

publicduende wrote:
Yohan wrote: ..... it was not so easy to find impoverished 'honest' people who are genuinely grateful to a foreigner helping them and are willing to study and to work hard to improve their own situation.
That is absolutely true, Yohan. Many of us land in the Philippines with all the best intentions and they somehow harbour the "kind savage" myth...
Some Filipina are so 'poor' because of their own fault - no question about it.

To give you two examples out of my personal experience in Cebu.

1 -
I met a Filipina a while ago who was 'so poor'... she wants to 'borrow money' from me, all foreign men have such a good heart and similar BS-talk, I was curious and I had fun to check it out.

I found out that the land and old simple wooden house she was living belongs to her 'poor' mother (who had a second house and land, living not so far away and not poor at all) and she is 'allowed' to live in this old house for free (but otherwise her mother was totally unwilling to help her daughter and even did not allow her to live with her in her house and there should be a good reason for that!), anyway she had a regular small office job, about php 10.000,- per month.

Later on I found out that she was living in Germany before, married/divorced with a German citizen after a short time and forced to leave EU, visa extention rejected. This was a surprise for me, as in general, the German government does not expel divorced foreign women without a very serious reason.

As next and the best of all I got the information that she has a sister living in Japan and I could contact her by phone. Her sister told me, she is living in Japan since about 10 years, married to a Japanese man and she has no financial or familiar problems at all, but she is totally unwilling to help her 'poor sister' who is a liar and cheater and she does not want any contact with her.

2 -
Even with people related to my fosterdaughter we had a problem with one girl, a cousin, 19 y/o, also from a broken family. Something was going into the wrong direction with her. No money but unwilling to do any regular job despite we found some work for her in a factory and as office helper, never assisting the others, not helpful to young children next to her, 'no smile' etc. suddenly she did not come home or said she is going working but never showed up in the factory etc. totally irresponsible, and we got information that she is now dating a wanted German fraudster, 68 y/o. After a not very friendly confrontation, we asked her to leave and never come back what she did....

-----

Simply said, to be poor is one thing, to be honest and thankful and seriously trying to escape poverty doing hard work is a totally different issue.
Not every 'poor' person deserves help - not from Filipinos and not from foreigners.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by publicduende » October 25th, 2017, 2:07 am

Yohan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Yohan wrote: ..... it was not so easy to find impoverished 'honest' people who are genuinely grateful to a foreigner helping them and are willing to study and to work hard to improve their own situation.
That is absolutely true, Yohan. Many of us land in the Philippines with all the best intentions and they somehow harbour the "kind savage" myth...
Some Filipina are so 'poor' because of their own fault - no question about it.

To give you two examples out of my personal experience in Cebu.

1 -
I met a Filipina a while ago who was 'so poor'... she wants to 'borrow money' from me, all foreign men have such a good heart and similar BS-talk, I was curious and I had fun to check it out.

I found out that the land and old simple wooden house she was living belongs to her 'poor' mother (who had a second house and land, living not so far away and not poor at all) and she is 'allowed' to live in this old house for free (but otherwise her mother was totally unwilling to help her daughter and even did not allow her to live with her in her house and there should be a good reason for that!), anyway she had a regular small office job, about php 10.000,- per month.

Later on I found out that she was living in Germany before, married/divorced with a German citizen after a short time and forced to leave EU, visa extention rejected. This was a surprise for me, as in general, the German government does not expel divorced foreign women without a very serious reason.

As next and the best of all I got the information that she has a sister living in Japan and I could contact her by phone. Her sister told me, she is living in Japan since about 10 years, married to a Japanese man and she has no financial or familiar problems at all, but she is totally unwilling to help her 'poor sister' who is a liar and cheater and she does not want any contact with her.

2 -
Even with people related to my fosterdaughter we had a problem with one girl, a cousin, 19 y/o, also from a broken family. Something was going into the wrong direction with her. No money but unwilling to do any regular job despite we found some work for her in a factory and as office helper, never assisting the others, not helpful to young children next to her, 'no smile' etc. suddenly she did not come home or said she is going working but never showed up in the factory etc. totally irresponsible, and we got information that she is now dating a wanted German fraudster, 68 y/o. After a not very friendly confrontation, we asked her to leave and never come back what she did....

-----

Simply said, to be poor is one thing, to be honest and thankful and seriously trying to escape poverty doing hard work is a totally different issue.
Not every 'poor' person deserves help - not from Filipinos and not from foreigners.
Absolutely. I too have grown absolutely cynical to the all the "sadness and sacrifice" stories many FIlipinas/os break to me to justify their current life situation, usually shortly before the usual request for money or help comes.

Coincidentally, the stance I am adopting is exactly the same upper class people reserve to the masa: a mix of cautiousness, indifference and cynicism. If they won't get taken for a ride, neither will I.

Post Reply

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”