You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: You Should Date An Illiterate Girl, short essay

Post by HouseMD »

I dunno, being the literate man I am I like to have companions that are as full of life, energy, and passion as I am. Couldn't date an illiterate girl, I'd grow so weary and bored with her and cast her aside in a few weeks no doubt.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Zambales wrote:What's happened to Kradmelder anyway? He disappeared around the same point when news about a South African guy who was raped by three women came to light :?: .
I'm just grateful I don't have to be around an environment where his kind of talk takes place. I really had enough of all his talk.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

What the media promotes. (the angry, educated feminist)

What actually works...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I am intrigued that this thread is still active. The short essay on the OP was clearly meant as a satire. Surprisingly (or perhaps not), it revealed that quite a few people have this mental equation in their, of illiterate = submissive = good gf or wife material.

I can't speak for all women in the world but from what i saw in the Philippines, the (many) girls who show themselves as submissive and caring are, usually, anything but. They are just employing a tactic to ingratiate themselves the foreigner until such time when they feel they are safe with him and can start doing what they know and do best, which is whatever the f*ck they want with little thought of the consequences.

Submissive girls here tend to be the more desperate ones, the ones who know they have to play the part to a tee to melt the heart (and open the wallet) of a foreign man who will accept their poverty and laziness, accept to support them and their kids/families at will, probably with the aid of a few tearjerking stories. Those are the ones who know they have very little choice than behaving like that.

As soon as these girls are not so desperate anymore - a new and better man comes along, a Filipino lover takes a sexual interest in them or they simply have sorted their money problems out - they will revert to the stupid, lazy and cynical selves they are.

In short, an illiterate girl is a girl who - by not pursuing any further opportunity to gain knowledge, life experience and wisdom - has chosen to disrespect herself. She will see herself at face value: if she is ugly she will give herself to the first man who acts as a provider, and upgrade to a better/younger/hotter man when he comes along (especially if on a distance relationship with the first man). If she is attractive, she will use her beauty to land the best possible deal, usually a local man of some wealth, no matter if several decades older.

It's not so easy over here in the Philippines, true, but a girl with real intelligence, ambition and perseverance will succeed. The best high school, Philippine Science, gives away full scholarships for deserving children. Some of the better universities including University of the Philippines, are free or near free.

It is sad, very sad to admit it after nearly 3 years here, most of it spent with the "kind savage" goggles on. Most Filipinos are poor and lack opportunity because they never sought that opportunity in the first place. They want shortcuts at all costs and, most of the time, all they get is trouble for themselves and those around them.

The best Filipinos I know, men and women, worked just as hard as any Western or Northern Asian person. I have more respect for them than a faux-submissive girl who is only posing and opening her legs for the sake of a better life on someone else's shoulders.