What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's the point of daily life and making a living in America if all you do is "make a living" everyday?!

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 12:13 am
momopi wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 11:42 pm
Discussions on federal reserve is a distraction that serves to sidetrack you, as your hobbies and interests end up consuming days, weeks, months, years.

If you have issues with Fed Reserve, IRS, etc. refer to SCOTUS decision to allow Congress to delegate its powers from Article I Sec 8 to independent agencies. See: J. W. Hampton, Jr. & Co. v. United States, 276 U.S. 394. I would be happy to consider discussing this topic further after you go to Europe. This discussion has no realistic impact on the monetary policy, while getting you out of Vegas has larger impact on your quality of life.
Yeah but you dodged the main point. You claimed to uphold and defend the US Constitution, but when criminals such as the international bankers, hijack America and its money system and usurp the Constitution and take away American freedoms,
<snip>

Btw, please stay on topic and stop repeating the same thing in every thread. :P
The only main point, topic, and purpose of the forum is happier abroad.

Any discussions on conspiracy theories, international bankers, federal reserve, and associated documentaries are hobbies distractions that consume days, weeks, months, years of your time.

Fallout 76 is out today so I will be away for couple months on the PS4, but that doesn’t interfere with my vacation plans which has higher priority. I have asked you many times for your list of priorities in order of importantance and you have yet to produce the list. Is “talking about federal reserve in circles” ranked higher or lower than “happier abroad in Europe” for you?

I hope when I return you will have already packed up and left for Europe.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: What's the point of daily life and making a living in America if all you do is "make a living" everyday?!

Post by Winston »

Nice dodge momopi. But my point still stands. Your views contradict and you don't know what's going on with the NWO and you haven't been red pilled yet. You still have a sheeple mentality like nearly 100 percent of Asians do. And you haven't woken up from the matrix. Whether you realize it or not, my point is still true.

What is Fallout 76? A geek convention? An anime convention? A video game/RPG event? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Asians are more emotional than you think. They aren't thinking logically enough which is why they live this lifestyle. Somehow that (Confucianism) led to India and China's population explosion. (for india, caste system)

Living in Seattle this kind of work-work mentality, is because there isn't a shared community, where in most countries, it boils down to nationality. At least in Vietnam it is.

I don't know how some people can be content just watching sports, movies, etc. I outgrown watching TV since high school, or 9th grade. Some people never do.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

momopi wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:24 am
Winston wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 12:13 am
momopi wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 11:42 pm
Discussions on federal reserve is a distraction that serves to sidetrack you, as your hobbies and interests end up consuming days, weeks, months, years.

If you have issues with Fed Reserve, IRS, etc. refer to SCOTUS decision to allow Congress to delegate its powers from Article I Sec 8 to independent agencies. See: J. W. Hampton, Jr. & Co. v. United States, 276 U.S. 394. I would be happy to consider discussing this topic further after you go to Europe. This discussion has no realistic impact on the monetary policy, while getting you out of Vegas has larger impact on your quality of life.
Yeah but you dodged the main point. You claimed to uphold and defend the US Constitution, but when criminals such as the international bankers, hijack America and its money system and usurp the Constitution and take away American freedoms,
<snip>

Btw, please stay on topic and stop repeating the same thing in every thread. :P
The only main point, topic, and purpose of the forum is happier abroad.

Any discussions on conspiracy theories, international bankers, federal reserve, and associated documentaries are hobbies distractions that consume days, weeks, months, years of your time.

Fallout 76 is out today so I will be away for couple months on the PS4, but that doesn’t interfere with my vacation plans which has higher priority. I have asked you many times for your list of priorities in order of importantance and you have yet to produce the list. Is “talking about federal reserve in circles” ranked higher or lower than “happier abroad in Europe” for you?

I hope when I return you will have already packed up and left for Europe.
See you are projecting. It's not the discussion of the Federal Reserve system that is cyclical. Only your failure to grasp and understand which leads you into loops. Once enlightenment is acheived, the reward for the effort in gaining understanding is realized.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Kullervo
Freshman Poster

Post by Kullervo »

Winston wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 4:22 pm
A simple but profound question for all of you btw:

When you're in America and look around and see nothing but consumerism everywhere, dont you wonder or ask yourself:

What exactly is the point of life in America? I dont get it. Just to work and pay bills and go shopping and consume products? Isnt there supposed to be some higher purpose or meaning beyond that? Why does no one else openly ask this or question this? No one on the news media does, thats for sure. Lol.

Did God or the goddess or the universe put us here and create this world, just so we can sit in an office all day and do tedious tasks, just so we can collect a paycheck and then go shopping for consumer goods? Is that the purpose of life? Whats the point? Seems so empty and meaningless and robotic, like part of a mechanical control system.

Am i the only one who feels this way? Why isnt this discussed openly?

People dont even talk to strangers in america. They just go about and do their thing - work, consume, drive home, etc. Whats the point?

What if i asked a therapist or psychologist these questions? Lol. Would they diagnose me with something and prescribe medication? Lol. Whats wrong with asking honest questions? Why is that so taboo? Why should i continue living a pointless routine just because everyone is doing it too?

Did our souls come to earth just to slave away in a job or office or factory just to pay bills? Where is the freedom and control or meaning and purpose? Why doesn't society or the media or education system address these questions? All that our society and schools tell you is to get a good job so you can make money and have a comfortable material life in a nice house. Etc. They dont address any of my questions. Lol. Why not? Why not let me go on CNN or the news and ask these questions, like peter finch did in the movie "Network" in 1976? Lol

Furthermore, i dont get why so many American soldiers died in all of America's wars of the last 250 years, both foreign and domestic. What did they die for? So that people in america and drive to work and earn a paycheck and pay bills and shop for consumer products at walmart and target, etc? Lol. Thats the purpose of american freedom thats worth dying for or risking your life for? Lol. Why do you need "american freedom" to do that? Lol. In any country in the world, one can get a job and earn a wage and pay bills, and shop for consumer products, etc. You can do that anywhere in any country, no matter what the political system is. So why fight for "american freedom" just so you can do what you can do anywhere else in any country? It makes no friggin sense!

Dont you ever wonder about all this too? Dont you ask these questions too? Even if its just to yourself? Dont you ever ponder such questions and musings? Lol

Anyway I'd better stop here before i become depressed and sink into despair like many great deep philosophers have, such as Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, etc. Lol

You get my drift right? When you think about all this, especially in america where theres no social connection and everything is isolated and business only - without warmth, sincerity or closeness like this lithuanian lady said in her interview with robert stark - then you realize that it makes no friggin sense at all!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!

Isnt it better you dont think about this at all? Lest you become insane and lose your marbles and become a further misfit than you already are? Lol. Any thoughts? (If you dare that is lol)
What is the point of life to begin with? I don't know the answer either, but from what I have observed, the people who expend the least time thinking about the future are the happiest among us. Intelligence can lead to existential angst and a sense of powerlessness.

So I have learned a lot about happiness from my dog. He doesn't know (or care) about abstract concepts of freedom, materialism, political ideology and so on. He is immersed in his body, not his mind, and is only interested in pursuing what is present. Thus, every day has endless potential to him. All food is good food. Going for a ride in the car? Great, take me too!

Serenity is the greatest virtue that one can acquire. If you focus on enjoying what you have rather than imagining what you don't have and could have, you will be happy.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 11:44 pm
Nice dodge momopi. But my point still stands. Your views contradict and you don't know what's going on with the NWO and you haven't been red pilled yet. You still have a sheeple mentality like nearly 100 percent of Asians do. And you haven't woken up from the matrix. Whether you realize it or not, my point is still true.
What is Fallout 76? A geek convention? An anime convention? A video game/RPG event? lol

It's not hard Winston. I wanted beignets at cafe du monde, so I got on a plane and flew to New Orleans. *IF* you still want to be happier abroad in Europe, go book a flight to Europe.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Post by Winston »

Doesnt the world, especially America, make u sick? Everyone is just a f***ing zombie going through the motions. All that matters is work and making money and making yourself useful at your job and being useful to a corporation. Very friggin sick. Dont u ever think this too?

America calls slavery "work and jobs" as if theres no slavery today and it was abolished in 1865. Yeah right. Stupid trick and shifting of terms.

One question which can wake u out of your trance, if u think about it long enough, is:

Whats the point of making a living if all you do is make a living?

If theres no life to make a living for then whats the point of making a living all day?

Btw. I got no problem with the concept of work. However work should be done for a good purpose that is in alignment with your dreams, passions, creativity and life purpose. it shouldn't be something u do just to pay bills. Or just for profit only. That's lame. It should not be forced either. That's wrong and immoral. Its slavery no matter how u slice it.

Also your self worth and identity should not be defined by your servitude to a corporation (aka your job) as if u have no intrinsic worth without a job or servitude to a corporation. Thats dumb and lame and F-ed up.

Yet no one ever mentions this. Its taboo. Even in pubs or among friends no one would ever dare say the above. Total anathema.

Haven't u thought all the above too?

Jason:

"Yrs I do, friend... I've seen it since I was a kid. It is a trance that the global elite has done a good job engineering and maintaining for a very long time, sadly.."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Post by Tsar »

There is no point and money isn't actually money. People are paid in debt. Paper is debt. It's even labeled as debt in the United States. Use to be that money was bronze, silver, and gold. People could choose to carry around paper certificates redeemable for silver or gold on demand since silver and gold can become heavy is a person needs a lot for a purchase. Anyone who didn't have silver or gold, or the bronze, engaged in barter or sold their goods for bronze. Silver was more common for ordinary people in later history like the 1700s up until when it was also removed like gold was removed.

Bronze or copper was also removed because even that metal became worth more than the face value. The value of this fake paper money continues to drop everywhere and more countries are ending the penny or one cent coins or trying to find a replacement metal which is difficult because in the US they switched to zinc which is now probably also worth more than one cent.

Like some members mention, they want to switch to a digital or digitized money because that is better for absolute control, locking people out from accessing their money, confiscating it, and they can create as much of it without the need to have anything tangible even if the tangible are intrinsically worthless pieces of paper.

But people are ignorant. The masses have been brainwashed for generations and a mythos of freedom, opportunity, liberty, democracy, and the American Dream generated, and Hollywood acts to constantly reinforce the myths and also try to use entertainment to push and guide viewpoints on ideologies, beliefs, and political issues.

Will people ever awaken or wake up? The answer is no. America will not ever have a mass awakening. The reasons are simple. It's been corrupted too long that it just can't happen. The only people who awaken in a place like America are people who have been ignored, marginalized, rejected, or experienced pain. That's the majority. Then there are people who realized it because they're informed or experienced life abroad, and then realized life in America is terrible.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 7:52 am
Doesnt the world, especially America, make u sick? Everyone is just a f***ing zombie going through the motions. All that matters is work and making money and making yourself useful at your job and being useful to a corporation. Very friggin sick. Dont u ever think this too?

America calls slavery "work and jobs" as if theres no slavery today and it was abolished in 1865. Yeah right. Stupid trick and shifting of terms.

One question which can wake u out of your trance, if u think about it long enough, is:

If theres no life to make a living for then whats the point of making a living all day?

Btw. I got no problem with the concept of work. However work should be done for a good purpose that is in alignment with your dreams, passions, creativity and life purpose. it shouldn't be something u do just to pay bills. Or just for profit only. That's lame. It should not be forced either. That's wrong and immoral. Its slavery no matter how u slice it.

Also your self worth and identity should not be defined by your servitude to a corporation (aka your job) as if u have no intrinsic worth without a job or servitude to a corporation. Thats dumb and lame and F-ed up.

Yet no one ever mentions this. Its taboo. Even in pubs or among friends no one would ever dare say the above. Total anathema.

Jason:

"Yrs I do, friend... I've seen it since I was a kid. It is a trance that the global elite has done a good job engineering and maintaining for a very long time, sadly.."
The point of making a living is so we can survive, @Winston.

Life is complicated enough to live on your own and gets even more complicated when you have a family (kids) to support. I am all for freeing ourselves from the slavery of a 9-5 job but, for the vast majority of people, this simply isn't possible. Not until retirement, or winning the lottery, or perhaps hitting a particularly miraculous investment, at least.

I 100% agree that a person's identity shouldn't be determined by what job they have, how big their mansion and what brand of car they drive. This is a typically US mentality that, in Europe, is maybe found in the UK and nowhere else. I see this kind of mindset in the Philippines too and I have yet to figure out if it's something that comes from their days as an American colony, or it's part of the Asian "keep/save face" general culture.

On one thing you are absolutely right about Europe. Many places, especially outside the bigger cities, value someone's role in the local community. A teacher, a policeman, a general medical practitioner, are valuable members of a community because of how they serve the community, not because they live in luxury or drive a Lamborghini.

My family has been serving my town and its neighbouring smaller townships for 3 generations and we are well respected not because we have money. It's because we worked hard and we continue to work hard. We serve quality bakery, patisserie and meals and we have been treating our Staff well during the Covid lockdown. Of course we are not world-famous and never will be, but one shouldn't underestimate the satisfaction that comes from getting recognition and respect from the few, if those few matter to us.

Back to the original point, I think everybody has to go through the "slavery" of a job, but two things help immensely:
  • when you enjoy what you do
  • when you see the (good) effects of your work in your community, and you see the respect and recognition that come from it
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Reading all the posts in this topic just reminds of how much I dislike living in America. @Winston It only seems like this is a endless cycle because of how you view it from your perspective, assuming you are not in the top 20% of Americans. But from the perspective of an American who lives in the top 20%, this is not the case. He would view everyday as continuously working to acquire more money, power, and status and to build a legacy for his next generation. To people in the top 20% of America, life is great every day because America treats them very well. For people like myself who are average American citizens, life can seem like a constant struggle.

I'll say it again. I left America in 2016 and have lived in 6 countries in that time. I'm so glad I unplugged from the Matrix. I'd rather live on very little money and be around good people who don't care about money and status than live in America where that's what everyone cares about. For me there's no better place to do this than Thailand or Vietnam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I have a theory and I think I am right with this one, and that's most people don't want to be rich, because that can bring you many problems as well as solve problems. Most people want to have enough to do what they want to do. Buy a house in a nice area, have savings, make sure they have the money to do the things they want to do - also, most people don't have what it takes to become rich and not by working for someone else.

What's the point of making a living? Well, who is going to do it for you? Do something you might like, do something that helps others. I like my job, I help other people so it isn't a waste of time, I am not micromanaged, I have a reasonably nice time - I don't get paid a whole lot but I get paid enough to do what I do and I manage to save the vast majority of it.

People hate their job and then they go on to hate their lives, I think I have cracked the code for this but it isn't for everyone, I don't think I could live my present life if I was married and had kids - I would have to do a job I hated that paid more money and then all the crap that goes with it comes into fruition. It is like anything else - as someone once told me - you can have anything you want but you can't have everything you want. You have to pick and choose and decide what's important.

There is no lazy mans way to becoming wealthy. Even being a YouTube star requires hard work making content and editing. It takes skills to make your content nearly as good as a professional TV show like Mark Wiens does...
Last edited by yick on November 2nd, 2020, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

yick wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 11:44 pm
I have a theory and I think I am right with this one, and that's most people don't want to be rich, because that can bring you many problems as well as solve problems.
I do think most people would opt to be rich if they had the means to become rich. Where I agree with you is most people are:

-Without the internal belief that they have what it takes to become rich
or
-Not willing to do all that it takes to become rich.

So in that sense, you are right, most people would forgo all the toil and risks of becoming rich and aim to reach only a basic level of comfort.

So why is being rich worth all the trouble? In my view, wealth = freedom and options.

Wealth enables people to travel and live where they want.
Wealth enables people to handle emergencies and unexpected occurrences.
Wealth enables people to have the best preventative and curative health care.
Wealth enables people to pursue what they want, when they want instead of slaving at work.
Wealth gives you the means to hire attorneys to exert your power or defend yourself.
Wealth gives you the power to fund things that are important to you.
Wealth gives you the means to live life as the best version of yourself!

Never accept weak-kneed attempts to get you to settle for ordinary or average. These are from people who simply want you to fail just as they did.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:21 am
yick wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 11:44 pm
I have a theory and I think I am right with this one, and that's most people don't want to be rich, because that can bring you many problems as well as solve problems.
I do think most people would opt to be rich if they had the means to become rich. Where I agree with you is most people are:

-Without the internal belief that they have what it takes to become rich
or
-Not willing to do all that it takes to become rich.

So in that sense, you are right, most people would forgo all the toil and risks of becoming rich and aim to reach only a basic level of comfort.

So why is being rich worth all the trouble? In my view, wealth = freedom and options.

Wealth enables people to travel and live where they want.
Wealth enables people to handle emergencies and unexpected occurrences.
Wealth enables people to have the best preventative and curative health care.
Wealth enables people to pursue what they want, when they want instead of slaving at work.
Wealth gives you the means to hire attorneys to exert your power or defend yourself.
Wealth gives you the power to fund things that are important to you.
Wealth gives you the means to live life as the best version of yourself!

Never accept weak-kneed attempts to get you to settle for ordinary or average. These are from people who simply want you to fail just as they did.
This is true, which is why the lottery is popular all over the world - people live in hope and it is better to be rich than to live in debt and on credit.

If you handed most people a lot of money where they become wealthy, I am sure they would say 'yes' but if you said to them 'take a risk, it might not work but if you sacrificed things that were important to you then you might become rich in thirty years from now' not so many takers.

But of course, money solves problems but if you live in Latin America and I imagine Africa - you end up being a target. I suppose I was thinking of Latin America and their rich living in secure compounds with armed security and barbed wire everywhere but I should imagine in The States - you would have an excellent life if money was no object.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

yick wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:41 am
But of course, money solves problems but if you live in Latin America and I imagine Africa - you end up being a target. I suppose I was thinking of Latin America and their rich living in secure compounds with armed security and barbed wire everywhere but I should imagine in The States - you would have an excellent life if money was no object.
Indeed. I have lived in LatAm and Africa and I know that to be true. However, it is true in the USA also, the targeting just manifests itself differently.

One thing about old money in the USA, they are well known to hide their money and to play down their wealth. Why? It has nothing to do with modesty or making others feel more comfortable. It has everything to do with preventing oneself from becoming a target for predators and opportunists. The biggest way the wealthy in America are exploited and targeted are with civil lawsuits as opposed to kidnappings, extortion and robberies in developing countries.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 7:52 am

Jason:

Great post Winston!!!