What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

What's the point of making a living if that's all you do everyday?! Doesn't that defeat the purpose?!

Post by Winston »

A simple but profound question for all of you btw:

When you're in America and look around and see nothing but consumerism everywhere, dont you wonder or ask yourself:

What exactly is the point of life in America? I dont get it. Just to work and pay bills and go shopping and consume products? Isnt there supposed to be some higher purpose or meaning beyond that? Why does no one else openly ask this or question this? No one on the news media does, thats for sure. Lol.

Did God or the goddess or the universe put us here and create this world, just so we can sit in an office all day and do tedious tasks, just so we can collect a paycheck and then go shopping for consumer goods? Is that the purpose of life? Whats the point? Seems so empty and meaningless and robotic, like part of a mechanical control system.

Am i the only one who feels this way? Why isnt this discussed openly?

People dont even talk to strangers in america. They just go about and do their thing - work, consume, drive home, etc. Whats the point?

What if i asked a therapist or psychologist these questions? Lol. Would they diagnose me with something and prescribe medication? Lol. Whats wrong with asking honest questions? Why is that so taboo? Why should i continue living a pointless routine just because everyone is doing it too?

Did our souls come to earth just to slave away in a job or office or factory just to pay bills? Where is the freedom and control or meaning and purpose? Why doesn't society or the media or education system address these questions? All that our society and schools tell you is to get a good job so you can make money and have a comfortable material life in a nice house. Etc. They dont address any of my questions. Lol. Why not? Why not let me go on CNN or the news and ask these questions, like peter finch did in the movie "Network" in 1976? Lol

Furthermore, i dont get why so many American soldiers died in all of America's wars of the last 250 years, both foreign and domestic. What did they die for? So that people in america and drive to work and earn a paycheck and pay bills and shop for consumer products at walmart and target, etc? Lol. Thats the purpose of american freedom thats worth dying for or risking your life for? Lol. Why do you need "american freedom" to do that? Lol. In any country in the world, one can get a job and earn a wage and pay bills, and shop for consumer products, etc. You can do that anywhere in any country, no matter what the political system is. So why fight for "american freedom" just so you can do what you can do anywhere else in any country? It makes no friggin sense!

Dont you ever wonder about all this too? Dont you ask these questions too? Even if its just to yourself? Dont you ever ponder such questions and musings? Lol

Anyway I'd better stop here before i become depressed and sink into despair like many great deep philosophers have, such as Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, etc. Lol

You get my drift right? When you think about all this, especially in america where theres no social connection and everything is isolated and business only - without warmth, sincerity or closeness like this lithuanian lady said in her interview with robert stark - then you realize that it makes no friggin sense at all!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!

Isnt it better you dont think about this at all? Lest you become insane and lose your marbles and become a further misfit than you already are? Lol. Any thoughts? (If you dare that is lol)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: What's the point of daily life routine in America? Besides work, consumerism, paying bills?!

Post by Will N. Dowd »

It's the same in Canada and I've thought exactly the same thing.
George Carlin talked about this often and he was as spot on as you are Winston.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's the point of daily life routine in America? Besides work, consumerism, paying bills?!

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 4:22 pm

When you're in America and look around and see nothing but consumerism everywhere, dont you wonder or ask yourself:

What exactly is the point of life in America? I dont get it. Just to work and pay bills and go shopping and consume products? Isnt there supposed to be some higher purpose or meaning beyond that?
You might ask the same question here in some Asian countries, which offer a high, but expensive living standard - like here in Japan, South Korea, Singapore, also Taiwan, HongKong....

You find a similar situation also in Western EU-countries... horrible prices for housing, utilities, car etc.

However at least in EU-countries you have a better protection of employees, which includes around 4 weeks paid vacation, fairly good medical care almost for free, retirement allowance past approx. 65 y/o of age, easy travel abroad, no problem to bring in a foreign wife, EU is not so restrictive compared to USA - however face horrible high taxes and otherwise deduction for insurance from your income ...

Life is not easy for ordinary citizens regardless where you are, but still much better in USA or EU compared to many underdeveloped countries worldwide...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:

What exactly is the point of life in America? I dont get it. Just to work and pay bills and go shopping and consume products? Isnt there supposed to be some higher purpose or meaning beyond that? Why does no one else openly ask this or question this? No one on the news media does, thats for sure. Lol.

Did God or the goddess or the universe put us here and create this world, just so we can sit in an office all day and do tedious tasks, just so we can collect a paycheck and then go shopping for consumer goods? Is that the purpose of life? Whats the point? Seems so empty and meaningless and robotic, like part of a mechanical control system.

Am i the only one who feels this way? Why isnt this discussed openly?

People dont even talk to strangers in america. They just go about and do their thing - work, consume, drive home, etc. Whats the point?

What if i asked a therapist or psychologist these questions? Lol. Would they diagnose me with something and prescribe medication? Lol. Whats wrong with asking honest questions? Why is that so taboo? Why should i continue living a pointless routine just because everyone is doing it too?

Did our souls come to earth just to slave away in a job or office or factory just to pay bills? Where is the freedom and control or meaning and purpose? Why doesn't society or the media or education system address these questions? All that our society and schools tell you is to get a good job so you can make money and have a comfortable material life in a nice house. Etc. They dont address any of my questions. Lol. Why not? Why not let me go on CNN or the news and ask these questions, like peter finch did in the movie "Network" in 1976? Lol

Furthermore, i dont get why so many American soldiers died in all of America's wars of the last 250 years, both foreign and domestic. What did they die for? So that people in america and drive to work and earn a paycheck and pay bills and shop for consumer products at walmart and target, etc? Lol. Thats the purpose of american freedom thats worth dying for or risking your life for? Lol. Why do you need "american freedom" to do that? Lol. In any country in the world, one can get a job and earn a wage and pay bills, and shop for consumer products, etc. You can do that anywhere in any country, no matter what the political system is. So why fight for "american freedom" just so you can do what you can do anywhere else in any country? It makes no friggin sense!

Dont you ever wonder about all this too? Dont you ask these questions too? Even if its just to yourself? Dont you ever ponder such questions and musings? Lol

Anyway I'd better stop here before i become depressed and sink into despair like many great deep philosophers have, such as Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, etc. Lol

You get my drift right? When you think about all this, especially in america where theres no social connection and everything is isolated and business only - without warmth, sincerity or closeness like this lithuanian lady said in her interview with robert stark - then you realize that it makes no friggin sense at all!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!

Isnt it better you dont think about this at all? Lest you become insane and lose your marbles and become a further misfit than you already are? Lol. Any thoughts? (If you dare that is lol)
Great questions. I think we all are hear to experience as much as we can (both good and bad), to do altruistic deeds (such as enlighten people with this website or save people from danger), to continuously soak up new knowledge, and to make as profound and lasting an impact as we can. If we keep these things in mind, our lives can be purposeful,enjoyable (mostly), and fulfilling.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston,

Do you have any people in your life in America? I am in America now, and I see the consumerism. I see retirees or men late in their career spending a lot of money on cars or boats and other hobbies. But it doesn't seem to me that that is what life is all about. But I've got a family. If you've got a wife and kids in America, then there is other stuff in your life besides just work and buying stuff. If you live alone and don't have a lot of social connectedness and don't impact other people's lives, then you would feel that way.

I am also a Christian, and of course there is purpose there, to please God and impact other people in a positive way that draws them closer to God.

If you are in the US without faith, without a clear purpose, and also without any social connectedness that comes from having a family or a strong network of friends, I can see how it would seem a lot more empty.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 5:47 pm
It's the same in Canada and I've thought exactly the same thing.
George Carlin talked about this often and he was as spot on as you are Winston.
Yeah but George Carlin was racist. He only bashed men and white men. He never bashed women or jews or blacks or criticized them or made fun of them in any way. He insinuated that all the world's problems were due to white men. That was too racist and one sided and catered to leftists.

Perhaps he had to cater to liberals and political correctness to get on stage. Especially in LA and NY. Otherwise he wouldnt have been allowed to do any shows.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Damn, that was right on the bullseye winston!

It's amazing how very little talked about this stuff is in the states as if it almost doesn't exist.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

This isn't just exclusive to America is it?

It's a routine designed to condition the population in becoming robotic law-abiding citizens while unceremoniously being ripped off with numerous taxes, saddled with various debt including the one in which individuals are paying for a roof over their head for years on end, sucked into a materialistic competition, and force fed a plethora of media bullshit including a sizeable portion of patriotic propaganda implemented to make you praise the system you're accustomed to and partly because of those "nasty overseas bastards" who may invade that "wonderful" country of yours in the future and all hands are needed on deck.

People tend to be one of three things. Conditioned, oppressed, or for the fortunate minority who've abstained from the norm - liberated.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Zambales is correct, they want to bury Americans in tons of debt so they can come get all the land and natural resources for the debt owed to them.

They are setting this system up worldwide to where nobody can live in their local ECO so nobody can break free of the debt slavery dictatorship they are erecting....

This system and what is going on is not right at all for future generations, I am so glad I have no kids to deal with..
Time to Hide!
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

We are stuck in a vicious cycle where people are kept too busy to question any of this. People think it's a given and are thinking how they should do about it best.

I will try to change this and bring awareness in the future, but I'm not sure how hard it is.

I think it's mostly due to a few things. First, rent is stupid, because it's literally paying continuous bills just to live and to get nothing in return. This and land speculation artificially drives up the prices of the housing market, making it hard for people just to live.

Our debt-based fiat currency system is another problem. Our system relies on people going in debt, so perpetually, a majority of the people have to be uncomfortable financially or our system will fall flat.

I guess it's still better in some ways than third world countries (though third would countries are still high spiritually and the people there are much nicer and more connected, their standards of living are way lower), and I'm not sure why we ended up with both developed and undeveloped countries in the world.

The soldiers died to keep the current debt-based system alive, as war is a big creator of debt which helps central banks.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 11:07 am
Winston wrote:

What exactly is the point of life in America? I dont get it. Just to work and pay bills and go shopping and consume products? Isnt there supposed to be some higher purpose or meaning beyond that?
You might ask the same question here in some Asian countries, which offer a high, but expensive living standard - like here in Japan, South Korea, Singapore, also Taiwan, HongKong....

You find a similar situation also in Western EU-countries... horrible prices for housing, utilities, car etc.

However at least in EU-countries you have a better protection of employees, which includes around 4 weeks paid vacation, fairly good medical care almost for free, retirement allowance past approx. 65 y/o of age, easy travel abroad, no problem to bring in a foreign wife, EU is not so restrictive compared to USA - however face horrible high taxes and otherwise deduction for insurance from your income ...

Life is not easy for ordinary citizens regardless where you are, but still much better in USA or EU compared to many underdeveloped countries worldwide...
But you are only talking about materialistic and economic conditions here. Im talking about the point of life or the meaning of it.

At least in Europe it does not feel soulless or socially disconnected. There is a higher percentage of old souls and introverts with deeper thoughts and people are not as cliquish. So we do not feel as alienated there or have social anxiety. Its hard to explain what i mean if you havent experienced it. But these things mean a lot to me and matter a lot to my self esteem and mental health.

Its all about whether the social environment makes you feel good about yourself or feel like shit. That's what im getting at. In soulless countries where people are all business and do not talk to strangers and where you belong to no clique and feel excluded, theres this dreadful feeling of loneliness and emptiness that is beyond words. If you arent american or deep and sensitive, you may not relate.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 9:26 pm
Winston,

Do you have any people in your life in America? I am in America now, and I see the consumerism. I see retirees or men late in their career spending a lot of money on cars or boats and other hobbies. But it doesn't seem to me that that is what life is all about. But I've got a family. If you've got a wife and kids in America, then there is other stuff in your life besides just work and buying stuff. If you live alone and don't have a lot of social connectedness and don't impact other people's lives, then you would feel that way.

I am also a Christian, and of course there is purpose there, to please God and impact other people in a positive way that draws them closer to God.

If you are in the US without faith, without a clear purpose, and also without any social connectedness that comes from having a family or a strong network of friends, I can see how it would seem a lot more empty.
Yes thats a good point mrman. I was talking to @El_Caudillo about this too, that if you have a wife and family and friends then you will not feel so isolated and alienated in America and ask these kind of questions.

But even so i would still wonder about such things from time to time. Because life must have some other purpose than to just pay bills and survive. As a Christian you would say that too, because it's not feasible that God would create a world where everyone is a slave to money, jobs, bills and consumerism. Theres something unnatural about that and its too mechanistic to be natural. Why would God give us a soul if we were meant to be machines or a cog in a giant machine? Something doesnt add up or feel right.

Well i have my parents here. But my parents dont relate to me or understand me well. They arent exactly kindred spirits with me. But they are kind and good and wholesome and very moralistic.

But no. I dont have much real friends in America. I do have HA fans but they are spread out in many places. Not in vegas. As you know vegas is very commercial and consumerist and flashy. So its soulless and not for the spiritual type or introvert or old soul.

So what do single people do in America then if they have no options and feel lonely and alienated and everyone minds their own business? Do they kill themselves? Thats what i dont get.

Also seeing all this brings back bad memories and years of loneliness and isolation in my subconscious. Im sure a lot of you can relate to that.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston you are wrong, the economic model is causing 90% of this and most people are too dumb too figure it out.

Socialism is a unnatural gigantic con plain and simple....... Their doing this in an attempt too inherit the earth but the earth it seems would have other plans.
Last edited by Moretorque on September 24th, 2018, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston! My big-baby son!

Daddy run rat race! To feed you! No time to think!

Your problem: too much free time!

You no work! Only play, play, play! Like silly playboy!!!

Love,
Your Daddy
Winston
Site Admin

Re: What's the point of daily life in America and making a living?!

Post by Winston »

Perhaps let me rephrase the question:

Theres something i dont understand. Whats the point of making a living in america, just so you can get up the next day and make a living again and again ad infinitum? It seems like an endless circle without purpose. Like a dog chasing his tail without end. But what's the point of the everlasting treadmill that you are supposed to spend your whole life on? What are you making a living for exactly? Shouldn't you stop and ask yourself that?

I mean, you make a living just so you can go home and pay bills and eat and sleep and wake up the next day and make a living again and again and again, for years. And thats all you do. Whats the point or purpose of that? What are you making a living for if all you can do is keep on making a living? It seems like a closed loop that runs forever and ought to be stopped and examined.

Do you ever think about that or wonder about it? Its like you're a cog in a machine, and your only purpose is to keep the machine going forever in an endless cycle for no reason just because you're supposed to.

Do normal people ever wonder about this? If so do they keep it to themselves or do they call their friends and family and ask about it? Lol. Why isnt this question addressed in any public media? It seems this is a taboo question you arent supposed to ask. Lol

Its as if im expected to be happy about this eternal loop without purpose, as long as i can proclaim "I got a job! I got an income! Yay! I'm finally normal! Im no longer half a man!" Lol. Because in america, a man without a job is incomplete, like half a man. Lol.

But whats the point of getting a job just so you can slave away everyday for a corporation or office or organization, for their needs? Whats the point of your life then? To be someone else's slave? Why? Shouldn't you stop and examine it all?

What are you making a living for if all you do is make a living, as nauseum in an endless circle and loop? You make a living so u can get up the next day and make a living again, in an eternal loop.

Yet you're never supposed to question this? Wtf? Im confused. This makes me scratch my head. Its puzzling. It doesnt seem logical. Shouldnt one have a purpose or meaning that appeases ones soul?

You cant even go out and talk to strangers or make friends or flirt with girls. Etc. Everyone minds their own business and is cold and distant and doesnt want to be bothered by strangers. Everything is all business. No one is relaxed and open to whatever the universe brings them, including conversation with a stranger. Everyone just wants to hurry and do their business and go home. Everyone acts like an ant or machine and just goes through the motions and their routine, like a computer subprogram or worker bee.

The only way to get attention is to go to angeles city or pattaya or eastern europe. Etc. Lol

Do these questions ever race through your mind too? Especially when youre in a soulless environment like america?