Married vs Single: Waste of body vs Waste of soul (deep quote from Kung Fu TV series)

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Married vs Single: Waste of body vs Waste of soul (deep quote from Kung Fu TV series)

Post by Winston »

A deep quote from the tv series kung fu with david carradine, about marriage vs being single, and the regret of both paths, that i shared with my brother in soul Alex:

Btw Alex. I forgot to share a quote with u last night about marriage vs single life.

I heard it on an episode of the tv series kung fu, starring david carradine. Have u seen it? Its deep and philosophical and set in the wild west.

The quote is from an episode where kwai chang caine met his lover, who said to him:

"To be single is a waste of the body. But to be married is a waste of the soul."

So true. Do u understand what that means? It means when you are single your body is wasted because u dont get sex, love and affection everynight. And your body is not attracting a mate with its youth and beauty and virility. However, when you are married, your soul is wasted because you cannot work on yourself and your soul and spiritual needs, like higher consciousness, freedom, adventure, discovering yourself, etc. Because if you settle down with wife and family and kids, you will have too many responsibilities and obligations, so you cannot work on growing your soul and consciousness and spiritual level anymore. You will be living for the family unit, not your individual self or soul. And you wont have the freedom of exploration that a single person has too.

So either way you lose something, whether single or married. Both paths involve sacrificing something and tradeoffs. Both ways can lead to regret of some kind. So there is no perfect choice or path where you can have it all. Unless of course you find a creative solution that is unconventional. But most people will have to choose between this tradeoff.

So true isnt it? What you think?

[9/16, 9:55 PM] Alex From Venice: yes bro that's true. And that's actually such a very ancient truth that it's the foundation of the celibacy vow that Catholic church require to those who are willing to become priests or nuns

[9/16, 10:05 PM] Winston: Have u seen the kung fu series bro? Its from the early 70s. U would love it. Its so philosophical. Was it shown in italy too?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0068093/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

[9/16, 10:14 PM] Alex From Venice: yes I've seen that TV series bro and I loved it. That's, I think, one of the reasons I developed interest and being fascinated by the Asian culture (mainly Chinese and Japanese) that made me decided to move to Asia when, thirty years later, I been pushed to leave my homeland

[9/17, 1:49 AM] Winston: But asian philosophy has more fans in the west than in asia. As i mentioned before. Its ironic.

[9/17, 1:58 AM] Alex From Venice: well, I eventually realized that present time Asian culture isn't anymore as it was thousands years ago

[9/17, 1:58 AM] Alex From Venice: of course it can't be

[9/17, 1:59 AM] Alex From Venice: but still has traits that are from the roots of ancient times
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Married vs Single: Waste of body vs Waste of soul (deep quote from Kung Fu TV series)

Post by Winston »

My next musing to alex about why the playboy option isnt necessarily the best solution to the married vs single tradeoff, for it too has consequences:

Btw regarding the quote above from the kung fu tv series about marriage vs single life, i would guess that one solution is to just have temporary relationships and affairs and flings. Like the guys in angeles city do. Or playboys. Then u dont waste your body but u can also keep your freedom.

However even a solution like that has consequences. Because by having short term affairs and sex with multiple women, you lose the ability to have a deeper monogamous relationship, and you lose the ability to love deeply. Plus if you are using whores or prostitutes or gold diggers who love your money and not you, it devalues you and makes you feel used and devalued too. Because such women are not loving you for you. Hence it devalues your soul and self worth.

Also the aura and energy of prostitutes is not good. They come from a situation of extreme greed and desperation. And when you have sex with them, you mix your aura energy with theirs. And thus you absorb their negative energy into your aura, which is not good. And if they have entity attachments then those entities could attach to you too, or affect you and parasite off you too. I think i experienced that once. It caused me to have nightmares and feel sick and drained.

So even the playboy solution of fun sex without responsibility or commitments has some negative consequences. Right?

[9/17, 11:32 PM] Alex From Venice: right
[9/17, 11:33 PM] Alex From Venice: the ideal it's to find the perfect loving partner
[9/17, 11:33 PM] Alex From Venice: the one that can make you happy both in flesh and soul
[9/17, 11:34 PM] Alex From Venice: and that has spiritual and intellectual abilities
[9/17, 11:36 PM] Alex From Venice: so that you can love her and still seek for spiritual and Intellectual enlightment while the loving partner isn't an obstacle to it but a contribution

[9/17, 11:35 PM] Winston: True but thats not easy to find. Even if ur rich and famous.

[9/17, 11:37 PM] Alex From Venice: yes.. of course, the ideal is quite unlikely real
[9/17, 11:37 PM] Alex From Venice: so hard to be found

[9/17, 11:35 PM] Winston: Yeah have u noticed alex that the angeles city bar girls and freelancers, even when they smile and laugh and look friendly and cheerful, still they have negative energy because they are filled with greed and desperation?

[9/17, 11:39 PM] Alex From Venice: that's the reason I made a resolution one year ago to not stroll anymore in walking street. And it's one year that I don't walk in there
[9/17, 11:40 PM] Alex From Venice: I feel how it's all fake and it makes me sick
[9/17, 11:40 PM] Alex From Venice: so I decided to stay away from it
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne