Wise and Witty Quotes

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wise and Witty Quotes

Post by Winston »

Great quotes on Happier Abroad:

"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Very true. Something you all should do instead of comparing yourselves to others.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good one!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”
― René Descartes

"History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind."
― Edward Gibbon, English Historian and Parliament Member

“The most worthless of mankind are not afraid to condemn in others the same disorders which they allow in themselves; and can readily discover some nice difference in age, character, or station, to justify the partial distinction.”
― Edward Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

“The various forms of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by the people to be equally true, by the philosopher as equally false, and by the magistrate as equally useful.”

This one applies to modern America:

“Edward Gibbon, in his classic work on the fall of the Roman Empire, describes the Roman era's declension as a place where "bizarreness masqueraded as creativity.”

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You will LOVE this great quote by Carl Jung, the spiritual psychologist. It shows that those who strive to be "positive" about everything all the time to be self delusional.

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, is disagreeable, and therefore unpopular.” - Carl Jung

More similar quotes by Carl Jung:

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people." - Carl Jung

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity." - Carl Jung

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"America was founded by slave owners who wanted to be free. So they killed a lot of white English people in order to continue owning their black African people, so they could wipe out the rest of the red Indian people and move West and steal the rest of the land from the brown Mexican people giving them a place to take off and drop their nuclear weapons on the yellow Japanese people." - George Carlin

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." - Chief Seattle

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The great pessimistic German philosopher, Arthur Schopenhauer, wrote about how most people never enjoy the present moment, or "the now" as Eckhart Tolle popularized in "The Power of Now".

"We look upon the present as something to be put up with while it lasts, and serving only as the way towards our goal. Hence most people, if they glance back when they come to the end of life, will find that all along they have been living ad interim: they will be surprised to find that the very thing they disregarded and let slip by unenjoyed, was just the life in the expectation of which they passed all their time."
- Arthur Schopenhauer, "The Wisdom of Life"

"Optimism is truly a wicked way of thinking, for it mocks the unspeakable suffering of humanity."
- Arthur Schopenhauer, "The World as Will and Idea"

Schopenhauer's general view is summed up thus: Life is hell. Try to find a room furthest from the flames.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Its wise not to listen to any German Philosophers with confusing last name. :)

The retarded philosophies of western world have sinked the hearts of its people. Yes. You can fool third world immigrants with the lure of money and "better life" which wanes away after a while, but thinking man will never fall for Western con :lol:

Western Philosophies are backward. It works by blaming you first and making you a sinner. Like how he says how most people never enjoy the present moment, or "the now" as Eckhart Tolle popularized in "The Power of Now".

Its not because of you, who in the right mind would not want to enjoy the now moment....Its the external forces...Stop blaming humanity for its misery.

You want to starve off the Jews...Stop blaming yourself.

There are lot of energies in the cosmos that a man needs to be aware off to be in SYNC with the forces to be in NOW MOMENT.

ITS NOT YOUR FAULT..IF you not in the moment...

This guy Schopenhauer breeds negativity....Once Humans realize their true worth. Its all bliss folks...Even gods will respect and bend down to the power of a Man.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This applies to us HAers. :)

So true!

Does this mean the "Jews and Israel"?

So true! Applies to us.

Very ironic huh? lol

LOL

LOL. Hahaha.

So sad yet true. One of the negative consequences of industrial society and capitalism.

Scary! I guess the forces of evil have won!

See I was right! This is why intellectuals feel alienated in America.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

josephty1
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by josephty1 »

:)
Last edited by josephty1 on July 27th, 2018, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We aren't part of the same hive mind as those around us in North America. The true reason for our loneliness, according to Carl Jung, is not lack of people around us, but this:

So true huh?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

More great quotes about loneliness and being alone.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Apparently Thomas Jefferson said the mainstream media was full of BS and not to be trusted. He must have caught on 200 years before the truthers did and told it like it was. Like me, he also believes it's best not to read any newspapers at all or watch the news. That's why I don't.

https://jamesperloff.com/

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day. I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens, who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world."

"I will add, that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors."

- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Norvell, June 14, 1807