I resign as moderator

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

I resign as moderator

Post by Jackal »

Winston,

I resign as a moderator here. I have fundamental disagreements with you about the direction of this forum, so I think it's for the best, and I don't want to represent you in any way.

I agree with people that the quality of the discussion here has taken a downturn recently. All the good posts by Ladislav, etc. have gotten slowly buried under the new garbage and then people ask the same questions which were already answered in older posts. The whole thing is devolving. I would rather post somewhere where I don't have to think about your personality quirks at all times. I prefer forums where the owner is more behind-the-scenes and is less of a distraction.

I don't hate you, but I no longer have the respect for you that I once did.

--Jackal
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think I have been very busy trying to teach online and with other such things and have not been active enough to counteract all this. I would like to reiterate that the main purpose of this forum is to discuss issues related to more or less practical ways we can resettle and all. So, let's guys stay focused. Other "collateral"issues do have their place but not as major topics. They are "minor"supplements. Let us not fritter away time and energy on such things.
Also, if you are a new person, do try and search for topics/info before you post rudimentary questions of the "how can I resettle abroad" variety.
And we are a small minority of expats and would be expats so, can we please stop bickering? Before one posts here, could one please try and assess the usefulness of one's post or question and how it would help our common goals?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

the search function on this thing is terrible. Only time I found past topics on here was when i used google.

Above all this forum is the result of the dysfunctionalities of modern America. Not only users discussing them, but also demonstrating them in their writings and actions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I will remove you as moderator then.

I don't understand your disagreements, other than that you want conspiracy topics banned. But all your proposals would make this forum more censored like other forums rather than the freethinking place that it is.

I think you are too opinionated and I too have lost some respect for your depth and insightfulness.

Sorry that I'm not the angel you thought I was. I told you before that I'm not an angel, I'm just honest. I have held to that claim, and people respect me for it. Too bad you don't appreciate such qualities.

Perhaps you'd be happier on a politically correct forum where the owner looks spot-free and non-controversial. There are many forums like that. But you'll find that they lack a lot of what makes us unique here.

I gave you the freedom to post whatever you wanted here, without political correctness. I guess that wasn't enough for you.

Ok fine. I may have disappointed you. But my integrity stands. I have been true to myself. Too bad you don't respect that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Jackal,
Do you have a logical valid reason for losing respect for me? What have I done wrong in your eyes? Can you specify?

Do you have logical objective reasons, or merely pure subjective prejudices?

I've already demonstrated why your claims about conspiracy threads overrunning this forum were unfounded. Only 1 out of the 10 latest topics are conspiracy related usually. So your gripes do not seem real, but mostly in your head.

All I've done is tell the truth. If that offends you, then aren't you no better than the NWO fascist pigs that want to suppress free speech? If not, then tell me how you are different than them.

Besides tell the truth, what have I done wrong in your eyes?

When have I ever deceived you about anything? If I haven't deceived you in any way, what right do you have to lose respect for me, unless it's your problem? Did you consider that?

If you don't like hearing about my personal complaints and problems, then you do not have to read them. Every forum has good quality posts, trashy posts and in between. Your job as a participant is to wade through them, separating the wheat from the chaff. You cannot realistically expect every post and poster to generate high quality content. That's not realistic. So what is your problem then?

I want to know if there is any logic or truth at all in your gripes, or is the problem with you and your personal prejudices that have no basis in logic?

Can you please clarify or elaborate?

Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I think odbo said it best in a recent post of his about you:
People don't get pissed off at your personality flaws. They get pissed off at your blatant hypocrisy.
And indeed, that is how I also feel. I don't care too much about the details of your personal life, but I find it most irritating when you call everything you like "truth-seeking" as if you're on some really high-minded, idealistic quest and then you simply ignore everything you don't like, label it as "illogical," or to simply start swearing at people. This is very childish behavior which does not help your public image at all.

My last piece of advice to you is to get rid of all this "truth-seeking" language on this forum which is just misleading. Your brand of "truth-seeking" is often just doing whatever pleases you at the moment which allows you a mental escape from daily life. You tell others to be mindful of their actions, but are not mindful of your own. Such ongoing hypocrisy is quite annoying.

What united guys here was not the search for your definition of "truth" or the desire to debate the existence of the chupacabras, but was the common search for love and sex overseas. Why complicate things further with all this unnecessary BS?
Winston wrote:I have been true to myself. Too bad you don't respect that.
Doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it isn't much of a thing to respect. Most people are self-centered; there's nothing unique or commendable about that.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Winston, Jackal is right. How dare you have opinions! :shock: Stay off your own message boards. :shock: Bahhwahaha

I think its fair to say Jackal just dont like "sensei" Winston no more. Well Jackal, dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. Ba ha hahahaha. :lol:
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Personally I think Winston has made some absolutely terrible choices. I could probably write some lengthy paragraphs of the issues I have with Winston. In fact they go so deep that he is one of my least favorite posters (and this is his board)!

I come here to read Sean, Grunt, Jackal, Terrence, Repatriate, Rock et al. I especially love when the occasional Frenchman steps up to tell how life is in France.

I dont care enough about Winston's life to personally comment on any of it when he asks for advice. First he tends to be overly verbose for no reason. But secondly, it is just one long drama that he keeps getting himself into. So I dont read it. Maybe you all could do the same.

Probably the only real thing I find ironic about Winston is that he has all these problems with Dianne, then he offers the men here Dianne's advice on other women. That rises to the level of absurdity to me. OK, it is just funny that he'd dare even suggest it.

I happen to be a conspiracy theorist myself (limited to things there is sufficiently proof of). I dont have a large problem with conspiracy theories. The problem comes when people can't agree to disagree and start bashing one another. Limit the CT stuff to the CT forum, and those who dont like it should stay out of that forum. Dont try to change one another's minds. Just post in the appropriate forum for those who are interested. If they are not interested then they arent interested. Don't beat a dead horse.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Jackal wrote:I think odbo said it best in a recent post of his about you:
People don't get pissed off at your personality flaws. They get pissed off at your blatant hypocrisy.
And indeed, that is how I also feel. I don't care too much about the details of your personal life, but I find it most irritating when you call everything you like "truth-seeking" as if you're on some really high-minded, idealistic quest and then you simply ignore everything you don't like, label it as "illogical," or to simply start swearing at people. This is very childish behavior which does not help your public image at all.

My last piece of advice to you is to get rid of all this "truth-seeking" language on this forum which is just misleading. Your brand of "truth-seeking" is often just doing whatever pleases you at the moment which allows you a mental escape from daily life. You tell others to be mindful of their actions, but are not mindful of your own. Such ongoing hypocrisy is quite annoying.

What united guys here was not the search for your definition of "truth" or the desire to debate the existence of the chupacabras, but was the common search for love and sex overseas. Why complicate things further with all this unnecessary BS?
Winston wrote:I have been true to myself. Too bad you don't respect that.
Doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it isn't much of a thing to respect. Most people are self-centered; there's nothing unique or commendable about that.
He has posted some personal details of his life. You don't have to agree with it. I personally find many of the things he does illogical and revolting myself, but I mostly remain silent, only cause it is his life, and I have my own to live. If I gave him advice and he didnt follow it, I might wonder why. I might get slightly annoyed. But I wouldnt be emotionally invested enough to really care whether he attempted to change his life or not. I would just ignore his pleas for help, because he probably isnt looking for genuine help - just someone to vent to or to agree and validate his behavior.
bgirlcolours
Freshman Poster

Post by bgirlcolours »

Oh come on, leave Winston alone. Your disagreements are probably because you've never had trouble getting a woman. I can tell that Winston's story is honest and genuine. I think Winston is a good person. His story isn't drama. Winston is only trying to help people. Don't you ever disagree with him again.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal,
So basically you're saying that I should take any shit from you guys, and not complain about it? What kind of stupid logic is that? I have a right to be mad when bad advice is given or nasty comments are made or when the line is crossed.

How would you like it if I trashed on you and your life and problems? Would you take it and turn the other cheek? People have a right to be mad when the line is crossed. Why do you not grant me that right?

How can you be a Buddhist? You don't seem to have wisdom or mindfulness on simple topics like these, and you are full of prejudice. I would have thought that a Buddhist would be less judgmental and less prejudiced.

When I vent here, I am not asking for advice dummy. I am mererly venting. What is the logic in trying to make me feel worse about it? Think about that dummy!

Telling me that I made the mistake of having a child, is not going to fix anything or change the past. It's a common mistake lots of guys make, including Mr S. He has a lot of problems in the PH too, but he just doesn't vent about it the way I do. I have a hotter temper in some ways.

Adama,
Besides having a child, what bad choices have I made? I make far fewer errors than the average person. Why do you forget all the great choices I made? I make far less mistakes than the average person does. I've never locked my keys in my car or lost my house keys. Yet average people have.

You're talking out of your ass.

Again, I do not ask for advice when I vent. I just ask for an ear to listen to me. That does not justify bad advice nor does it mean that I am obligated to take the advice of every anonymous crackpot out there. I only give credibility to people I know and have evaluated in person, not random people like you. What kind of shit logic is it to expect me to take advice from random people, which could be very harmful and make things a lot worse?

You aren't making any sense.
Last edited by Winston on May 8th, 2011, 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Winston you lunatic

Post by odbo »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo, why do you keep posting images from image shack? They show up as "Domain Unregistered. To view, register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain". What the? Why do you point images that don't show? Isn't that pointless?

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Seems to me the proper way to resign as moderator would be through a PM to Winston.

I really don't understand all the bitching and moaning that some posters engage in. If you don't like the site, or Winston's style, spend your time on sites you do like.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good point FreeYourMind.

Also, for those who don't like my posts or rants, they can simply skip my threads. The mouse and mouse button are in their hands. No one is forcing them to read the threads I start. So what is their problem? Must be a territorial thing.

Jack, I have one question for you. When someone does something wrong to me, such as Dianne's family, and I complain about it, why do you attack me? Why is attacking the victim justified? Isn't that a form of typical American "victim blaming" mentality? Why should anyone be punished for voicing legitimate complaints when they have been wronged or disrespected? They are the victims. So what is your logic in attacking them and then becoming disgusted if they defend themselves? What kind of bizarro logic is that? Can you explain?

I thought you were a Buddhist? What is the Buddhist logic in attacking the victim and not allowing him to defend himself, and condeming him if he does?

???????????

Btw, I will confess one thing. I am guilty of abusing my moderator power here. Not in that I am banning people of course. But in that I know that I can cuss out someone here full on and get away with it, since no one can ban me here. So with nothing to lose, I sometimes will elect to chew someone out in rage here, if I feel like venting at them, knowing that they can't do anything about it. In that sense, I've abused my moderator status here.

I realized this while I was eating dinner. It came to me like a Zen moment or something.