Official Forum Rules - New Members Please Read!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Official Forum Rules - New Members Please Read!

Post by Winston »

To all new members:

Welcome to the Happier Abroad Forum. If you are new here and have questions about the basic operations of the forum, you may see this Help Guide.

Although this is generally a free speech open forum, there are some basic common sense rules that we need to establish here.

Official Forum Rules

1. No posting of images with nudity or adult content, except in the private NSFW section. This includes semi-nudity, such as close ups of cleavage, private parts, see through nipples, or strategically covered nipples and private parts.

We have no moral problems with them, but they are flagged by one of our advertisers, Google, and are also not safe for those browsing this forum from work. Plus such pictures get us blocked in certain countries, public library terminals, and family safe filters.

2. No posting pictures of anything excessively obscene, graphically disturbing or revolting. We are not here to repel people or gross them out.

3. No unduly disruptive behavior that would cause us to lose other members.

4. No harassment or unnecessary hostility toward other members without valid cause, unless first provoked by them.

5. No lying or spreading of blatantly false information with an intent to deceive. No fraudulent activity. No gaslighting or bullying others by twisting and spinning things in order to put them down or try to make them feel less than what they are.

6. Posting links is permissible as long as they are useful and relevant to the discussion. No spam links by hired internet marketing contractors.

Three Strike Rule

- Any abuse or violation of the above will result in a warning, or first strike. (except for #6 since spam and spammers will be immediately removed)
- A second infraction will result in a temporary ban. The duration will be determined by the moderator.
- A third violation will result in a permanent ban. Permanent bans can be appealed, but only for valid reasons, which will be evaluated by moderators.

How to Report Offenders

If anyone violates the above rules, please report them using the exclamation mark button in their post and fill out the report form.

Hope all that is clear. Thanks for your attention.

Happy posting,
Happier Abroad Admin
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Official Forum Rules - New Members Please Read!

Post by Winston »

New forum rule: No creation of heckling, bullying or ridiculing threads about other forum members

Please do not post new threads with the purpose of heckling others, such as putting their name in the title of the thread to bash them, ridicule them, bully them or bait them in a mean spirited manner.

The thing is, heckling threads create internal drama and in fighting among the boys here. No captain of any ship wants in fighting among their crew. It doesn't make a good team or brotherhood. It also wastes lots of energy and time too, to squabble over personal affairs like this. We are supposed to debate and discuss issues here, not attack others.

Violators will receive temporary bans, which will increase in duration each time, until eventually it results in a permanent ban if the user incurs too many violations.

Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New forum rule:

Because of the complaint by @Master about his signature, I'm going to add this rule.

Please do not use overly large images or videos on your signature. Keep them small and within reason. They should not detract from posts or look intrusive.

If you guys are here, then you are smart. So you should know what's overly large without me defining it for you. Use common sense. Signatures are supposed to be short and small. Usually they are one sentence. That's the definition of a signature. We've been more liberal about that here and stretched it a bit. But that doesn't mean it can be as big as you want. One poster named Master put in a huge image and video for his signature, which was way out of proportion and detracting. So we have to specify that here.

Thanks for your attention and understanding.

Admin

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Yes, I tend to agree with that. The other guy had a big advertisement in his signature and he was never reprimanded.

Winston, with the new 3.2 is there a setting that allows only text or hyperlinks in the signature? That might do the trick.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

add no ads allowed.

A sig shouldnt give you the right to force extra ads for us to watch over and over again every time you post an announcement brainwashing us to death.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 7:07 am
Yes, I tend to agree with that. The other guy had a big advertisement in his signature and he was never reprimanded.

Winston, with the new 3.2 is there a setting that allows only text or hyperlinks in the signature? That might do the trick.
Unfortunately no. If i disable bbcodes then only plain text will be allowed in signatures. But this is unusual. People dont usually post big graphics or videos in their signature. So its not usually an issue. This master guy must be an unusual guy. Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 10:04 am
add no ads allowed.

A sig shouldnt give you the right to force extra ads for us to watch over and over again every time you post an announcement brainwashing us to death.
Theres nothing wrong with text link ads as long as they are relevant. Especially when its a link to something within this site. At least its not a graphic or video. :P

Text links in signatures are ok for veteran members who are valid posters. As long as they arent promoting anything illegal of course.

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

A signature, should be as a personal signature with something personal in it.

Especially your ads since they are all over the site. Theres no point to add something inpersonal to your signature promoting more monetary interests. Everyone knows by now your ads in your signature there is no reason to repeately remind us, if you want to make this a pleasant site. One where we can relax back and feel at home and not an ad brainsmoosh. In the profile there are sections for websites and the like which I'm okay with not the signature where it should be about YOU, your personality and your person.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Official Forum Rules:

1. When two members have a feud that gets out of control and escalates into repeated name calling, insults and mud slinging (like in the case of what happened between Yick and Johnny1975), moderators and admin will reserve the right to order them to CEASE CONTACT with each other. That order means they will not be allowed to reply to each other's posts here for one month or 30 days, starting from the date of the cease contact order. During this time they must also stop trashing talking about each other to other members as well.

Furthermore, they will also be advised to put each other on block or ignore, which in this forum version can be done by adding each other to their "Foes list" in the UCP panel. This will not be enforced of course, because moderators cannot force them to do that nor log into their account to do so. But it will be strongly recommended for them to do so.

If the cease contact order is not complied with, the offending member or member will be given a temporary ban of several days or more, subject to the moderator's discretion.

2. Please do NOT overtly express a desire or plan to pursue sexual relations with underage girls or children or minors, which means those under 18. If you harbor such desires or wishes, please keep them to yourself. Do not express them openly on the board. By doing so, you subject the forum to surveillance by government and also risk our webhost taking the site down too, since such content is also forbidden by most webhosts.

Those who violate this will be given a warning and their posts edited or removed. If they continue, they will be given a temporary or permanent ban at the moderator's discretion.

* Note: If any forum members violate the above new rules please report them or their offending post, by clicking the Report button in their post.

Thanks for your attention.

Admin

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New forum rule to add:

No Gaslighting please. Please don't gaslight people by spinning and twisting things to put them down and try to make them feel less than what they are. It's dishonest and an intent to shame for no reason. Too many guys do that nowadays, especially online, for some reason. I'm tired of it. It's very annoying and wastes my time when I have to keep correcting them and pointing out their errors. It's dishonest and a form of manipulation and twisting of the facts with a bad intent to put others down. Not the behavior of a mature adult. I don't get why many guys do that, but they do. So we need a rule about it. Some gaslighters fabricate stuff to gaslight others too, which is a form of lying and hence immoral.

Btw, if anyone violates the above rules, please report them using the exclamation mark button in their post and fill out the report form.

Thanks,
Admin

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Winston wrote:
June 20th, 2021, 10:24 pm
New forum rule to add:

No Gaslighting please. Please don't gaslight people by spinning and twisting things to put them down and try to make them feel less than what they are. It's dishonest and an intent to shame for no reason. Too many guys do that nowadays, especially online, for some reason. I'm tired of it. It's very annoying and wastes my time when I have to keep correcting them and pointing out their errors. It's dishonest and a form of manipulation and twisting of the facts with a bad intent to put others down. Not the behavior of a mature adult. I don't get why many guys do that, but they do. So we need a rule about it. Some gaslighters fabricate stuff to gaslight others too, which is a form of lying and hence immoral.

Btw, if anyone violates the above rules, please report them using the exclamation mark button in their post and fill out the report form.

Thanks,
Admin
Thank wiseton making aborder stop war to make love sonow hereby report the shemp for gaslight mrman in other thread say sex mrman wife same same making pooping and making noseburger so please wiseton put the shemp on finalment warn so next time get banman
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ATTENTION AND ANNOUNCEMENT:

From now on guys, please do NOT enter a forum thread just to ridicule or insult someone while adding no substance or value or good content. If you have nothing useful or interesting or relevant to say, then don't say it. Refrain from saying anything. I'm not saying that every post has to be positive, but unnecessary insults alone just to be a prick are unnecessary and bad for any forum. You can think whatever garbage you want, but please don't pollute the forum with garbage content in the forum of cheap insults, put downs, bashing, etc. That is a form of trolling, heckling and bullying. It degrades the forum and makes it look like a trash can. Please don't do that. Especially mean spirited posters like @Guhji and @Man With a Plan have been doing that. They need to STOP and shape up. It's highly negative and toxic and results in nothing good. They need to learn to vent their misery in more healthy ways than this.

If any more of this continues, violators will be issued warnings and then bans or temporary bans, depending on the situation and context.

Thanks for your attention.

Admin

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

@Winston Tsar's signature is bulky and distracting. It violates your forum rules.
tommytan_li21
Freshman Poster

Post by tommytan_li21 »

ok got it winston wu !!