Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Interview with Winston and Steve by Mark Davis!

Announcements and site updates.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Interview with Winston and Steve by Mark Davis!

Post by Winston » March 13th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Hi all,
Here is the link to register for the webinar with Mark Davis, me and Steve Neese on March 15. When you register, you will receive an email about how to participate in the webinar.

http://europeandreamconnections.com/hap ... d-webinar/
Guys: One of our biggest fans has been the group over at HappierAbroad.com, headed by Winston Wu. Their forum hosts more that a thousand regular visitors who meet to talk about living in other countries around the globe and dating there as well.Our guests this week have accumulated some of the largest volumes of resources on the topic that you’ll find on the Internet.Listen in on Thursday to hear all about their journeys around the world!
Title: International Dating Columnists and Consultants Winston Wu and Steve Neese
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2012
Time: 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Hope you guys can join us.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on August 27th, 2013, 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano » March 14th, 2012, 12:37 am

i thought this russian/ukrainian romance tour packages are scamming people, they are overpriced and they all claim to screen women; wonder what does that mean and how they do it?

What % of these women are professional daters(scammers) and what % are marriage material?

I would recomend to stay away

When woman targets foreign men only that is a sign that she is after $$$

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 14th, 2012, 10:07 am

It sounds like you didn't research Mark Davis. Yes his tours are expensive, but they are not for guys on a budget. But if you are serious about marriage, then it may be a worthy investment.

Mark does things that the other companies don't do. He screens his clients and the women personally. See his intro video about that here:

http://www.europeandreamconnections.com

Even that critic of Romance Tours, Tony Bochene, recommends Mark and says he is legit.

Also, Mark's wife has never asked him for money or gifts. She even offered to sign a prenup to show her sincerity. Listen to Mark's interview on the interviews page of this site.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php

Don't generalize based on a few bad examples. It's human nature to be quick to believe the worst.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 16th, 2012, 10:48 am

Hi all,
The webinar that Steve and I did with Mark Davis today was a blast but didn't record properly due to hardware failure. So we are going to re-record it tomorrow night at the same time.

If you want to join us again, here is the registration link to the Re-Record interview tomorrow:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/264820190

Also, if you listened to our first interview live, feel free to leave comments about it on this page:

http://europeandreamconnections.com/hap ... d-webinar/

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 17th, 2012, 5:34 am

Well guys, the interview went great and was successfully recorded this time. Mark interviewed Steve Neese for one hour first about his research findings and statistics. He was called "Steve the Professor". lol. Then he interviewed me for an hour about my story, where I explained how foreign women provide liberation and mental health benefits to men as well. Mark says he plans to post them as two separate interviews.

I think Steve and I make a great team. Hopefully we can do more interviews like this in the future.

I'll let you know when it's posted so you can all listen to it.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on March 17th, 2012, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix » March 17th, 2012, 5:49 am

I enjoyed the interview! Good job to you and Steve! I was part of the live webinar today and listened to the entire thing. I forgot about it last night because I was working.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 17th, 2012, 10:22 am

I'm glad you attended it and liked it Phoenix. Steve delivered a lot of important data. He is on his way to publishing a book about it.

Btw, Mark told me that some of his listeners saw my site and were angry that I had anti-marriage articles here and photos of me kissing girls in my Photo Collage. They also said that I promote sex tourism, whatever that means. I don't like that word though, because it has negative connotations, due to the stupid media vilification of it.

I think the types of guys that his site caters to are more of the conservative marriage-minded types, who are probably not as open-minded about such things as we are.

Do you guys think that I should remove some of the controversial pictures and articles from my site, in order to appeal to a broader fan base?

However, I don't understand why if Hollywood shows their stars kissing in movies, and is proud of it, then why can't I show the same in my Photo Collage?

What do you all think?
Last edited by Winston on March 17th, 2012, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon » March 17th, 2012, 10:55 am

Winston, they're fine, except for some of the collage photos and the "Photos of hot/cute girls I met in Angeles City!" found in viewtopic.php?t=4703
Btw, Mark told me that some of his listeners saw my site and were angry that I had anti-marriage articles here and photos of me kissing girls in my Photo Collage.
The kissing isn't the problem. The sexually suggestive nature of the photos isn't the problem.

The problem that people can easily tell these women are prostitutes. Yes, prostitutes are real human beings who can be really great people, but then new visitors (including myself, a while ago) will immediately dismiss this website as just another sleezy sex tourism site once they see those pics of prostitutes. Even if you believe there is nothing wrong with sex tourism, discussions and photos of this type would be better off in other sites.

This website is about building quality long-term relationships with women abroad. This is something that few websites on the Internet deal with. Your featured photos should emphasize this fact. Thus, the photos of you with Dianne are FAR better than your collage photos with all those different bar girls.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon » March 17th, 2012, 11:19 am

And about the anti-marriage articles - They don't together well with the overall theme of "Happier Abroad." Sure, you do personally believe that marriage is detrimental and that it is important for you to speak your mind. However, many members in this forum (Grunt, fschmidt, and others) have experienced tremendous success with happy, long-lasting marriages with foreign women, and they would wholeheartedly disagree.

Another thing: The reality is that relationships with foreign women simply cannot work in the long run if the guy is completely against marriage, since these women EXPECT to get married before they get too old. That is one reason they make such great long-term partners - precisely because they EXPECT to stay in quality long-term relationships. Many American women, as well as their male counterparts, are increasingly avoiding marriage and even long-term relationships. So that's why they tend to be unapproachable, flaky, horrible at committing, and so on. Now do you see why all this anti-marriage stuff does not go well with the foreign vs. Western dating theme presented in this website?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 17th, 2012, 11:29 am

So which photos do you suggest I remove?

That photo collage is also a major selling piece to guys who want to see proof that what we say works. PUA sites have them as well.

The anti-marriage article is in the article index. It's not promoted on the home page or main pages. So I don't expect many people to find it unless they spend a lot of time looking through the articles.

I'm still undecided about it though. But like I said in the interview, I don't tell guys not to get married. I just present the consequences of it and let them decide for themselves. Everything has a tradeoff and sacrifice, including marriage. But on the other hand, I don't tell people that they have to get married either. Some people get married out of the pressure to, and regret it afterward. That's why it's best not to tell people what to do, but remind them of the consequences, pros and cons.

Some guys are happy having live in girlfriends though.

Tom Leykis also promotes foreign women, but not marriage. I think you can achieve a balance, as some said.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon » March 17th, 2012, 11:41 am

Winston wrote:They also said that I promote sex tourism, whatever that means. I don't like that word though, because it has negative connotations, due to the stupid media vilification of it.
Sex tourism (roughly) means going abroad to "pump and dump" prostitutes for personal sexual gratification, rather than building long-term, meaningful relationships with foreign women - as this site is supposed to be about.

Winston, you do not promote sex tourism on your main pages, but you certainly do give new visitors an impression of this site being a sex tourism website - mostly because of those collage photos of you hanging out with prostitutes.

I wouldn't recommend actually removing the photos, but rather putting them into a private album accessible only through links in this forum. What you would want to avoid is to have them featured on the main page.
Winston wrote:That photo collage is also a major selling piece to guys who want to see proof that what we say works.
The Russia photo collages are indeed "proof that what we say works." But the Mexico photos and half of the Philippine photos do not. Why? Because they're with bar girls. Those photos do not show that local ordinary women on the streets are easy to approach.

Winston, you have seen my pictures of me with my Mexican girlfriend. Those pics are more like your Russia pics, and are nothing like your Mexico and Philippine bar pics.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » March 17th, 2012, 1:41 pm

There is nothing wrong with those anti-marriage articles, please keep them up. If a few people don't like them, why should you have to censor what kind of articles you write just to please a few people who don't agree with some of the things you write.

Also, there is nothing wrong with those pictures where you are kissing girls, if a guy is offended by that, he must be a religous nut. Please don't let a few people cause you to censor what kind of articles you write or what types of pictures you put up.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe » March 17th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:They also said that I promote sex tourism, whatever that means. I don't like that word though, because it has negative connotations, due to the stupid media vilification of it.
Sex tourism (roughly) means going abroad to "pump and dump" prostitutes for personal sexual gratification, rather than building long-term, meaningful relationships with foreign women - as this site is supposed to be about.

Winston, you do not promote sex tourism on your main pages, but you certainly do give new visitors an impression of this site being a sex tourism website - mostly because of those collage photos of you hanging out with prostitutes.

I wouldn't recommend actually removing the photos, but rather putting them into a private album accessible only through links in this forum. What you would want to avoid is to have them featured on the main page.
I wouldn't get rid of the photos, nor eliminate interest in sex tourism on HA. Guys have different interests when it comes to traveling or relocating abroad: p4p, dating hot girls, finding a wife to bring back to your home country, relocating and marrying abroad, etc. Some guys do a combination, maybe starting out with p4p before meeting the "right" girl. I don't think one methodology is more correct or moral than another.

The thing that bothers me is that guys make blanket statements about countries and cultures and often it's their methodology that is talking. IOW, your view of a country may be a lot different if your interest is in bar girls vs. meeting a potential wife.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy » March 17th, 2012, 6:39 pm

what happened to free speech? Don´t do self censoring. should we all be pc now?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » March 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm

jamesbond wrote:There is nothing wrong with those anti-marriage articles, please keep them up. If a few people don't like them, why should you have to censor what kind of articles you write just to please a few people who don't agree with some of the things you write.

Also, there is nothing wrong with those pictures where you are kissing girls, if a guy is offended by that, he must be a religous nut. Please don't let a few people cause you to censor what kind of articles you write or what types of pictures you put up.
I agree with you in principle. But the question I'm asking is, would removing controversial stuff on this site lead to more visitors and fans, or less? Would there be a net gain or net loss?