New Latest 100 Topics Page!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

New Latest 100 Topics Page!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just put up a new latest topics page which lists the last 50 topics in the forum, along with the number of replies and username of the last poster with an icon link to his last post. I've placed a link to it in the header area next to the "View Your Posts" link above. Here is the direct link to it:

latesttopics.php

This way, you can easily find the last 50 recent topics without having to go into each section of the forum one by one.

Hope it makes your browsing experience better.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do you guys think the latest 50 topics on that page is enough? Or would 100 topics be better?

latesttopics.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well since no one had an opinion, I changed the latest topics page to show the latest 100 topics in the forum. I figured it wouldn't hurt and would let you all see more topics. lol

Check it out:
latesttopics.php

Hope you all find it helpful.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It is helpful.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you all been using the latest 100 topics page to browse the latest topics? Does it make finding topics more convenient?

Btw, to jump to the last post in a thread on that page, click on the page icon next to the last poster's username.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you all using the Latest 100 Topics link above? It's right under the second banner at the top and will make browsing topics easy and convenient. If you haven't yet, try it.

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:Are you all using the Latest 100 Topics link above? It's right under the second banner at the top and will make browsing topics easy and convenient. If you haven't yet, try it.
Yep. I use it rather than starting at the home page.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes I also use it all the time!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ben dover
Freshman Poster

Post by ben dover »

ditto
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've also installed a new latest 100 topics page in my paranormal forum. Check it out here:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/latesttopics.php

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

On the latest 100 topics page, I put a script showing the latest 10 blog posts on the right. Check it out.

latesttopics.php

Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Latest 100 Topics Page!

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
In this new edition of our forum, there is an Active Topics page that shows the latest topics of the past 7 days. The link is above right next to the Latest 100 Topics link. Check it out. Some of you may prefer that page to the Latest 100 Topics page. Try it out and see if you like it better. You can click the link above or go to it below.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

The Latest 100 Topics page is working again. You can browse it now.

latesttopics.php

Or you can try the Active Topics page, and see which one you like better.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I just cleaned up the latest 100 topics page by reordering it to look neater. Instead of having "Last post by username" on every single line next to every topic, I put a "Last post by" column header on the right side and had it display the last poster's username below it. That way, it looks cleaner and neater and not as repetitive. Check it out. It looks much better now.

latesttopics.php

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you guys know, when we upgrade the forum to phpbb 3.2, the latest 100 topics page may not work anymore after the upgrade, unless the code works with the new version. I mean this one:

latesttopics.php

If it doesn't work, I'll have to find another code that works. Too bad though, because that's actually the most visited page on this forum, according to Google Analytics. More people visit that then the Active Topic page. So that will be something important to try to keep.