New Ignore Feature in the Forum

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

New Ignore Feature in the Forum

Post by Winston »

Per some members' request, I've just installed an ignore feature in the forum that I got from a phpbb hacks website.

Instructions:

In the top right corner of each post, you will see an Ignore button. If you click it, the user will be added to your Ignore List.

There is a link at the top below the header to your Ignore List. If you click it, it takes you to your Ignore Panel here:

ignore.php

From there, you can remove users from your Ignore List by clicking the delete button next to the user name, which is in white for some reason.

Ok well test it out and let me know how it works. I already tested it and it seems to work, except that message "You have chosen to ignore this user. Click here to view post." doesn't actually let you view the post for some reason. But oh well. I don't think it's necessary for you to view the user's post if he is on ignore anyway.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Thanks Winston. This is a great and much needed feature here.

PAN has the distinction of being the first on my ignore list!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I'm going to be Ignored lovely. :-/ My ideas are too unorthodox to a lot of guys that have had a puritanical upbringing on here.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

davewe wrote:Thanks Winston. This is a great and much needed feature here.

PAN has the distinction of being the first on my ignore list!
Yes, great feature, Winston!

PAN is also the first on my ignore list! lol
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I fixed the delete button in the ignore list. It was set to display a delete button with white text and background, which made it hard to see. So I changed it to a more visible delete button with blue text on it. You can use it to remove people from your ignore list panel, which you can access at the top of the forum.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Ignore Feature in the Forum

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

In this new version of the forum, you do not need an ignore button. To put someone on ignore, click on their username and in their profile select "Add to Foes". If you put them in your Foes list, you will not see their posts anymore.

Or you can go to your User Control Panel link at the top under the header, and select the Friends and Foes tab to add them as a Foe. There is also a Friends list that you can add people to of course.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note that those of you who want to put me on Ignore should now be able to do so in this new forum version.

To put someone on ignore, click on their username to go to their profile page. There, select "Add to Foes". When you put them in your Foes list, you will not see their posts anymore.

Since this Ignore list or Foes list is no longer a forum mod, but part of the forum's default software, it should work for me as well if you want to put me on Ignore. But I'm not completely sure about that since I haven't tested it on myself yet, nor can I. You guys are free to test on it on me to see if it does indeed put my posts on Ignore.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama says he is having trouble adding people to his ignore list, aka the foes list. Or updating it. Are any of you having the same issue? If so can you describe what happens when you try to update your foes list?

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 3:18 am
Adama says he is having trouble adding people to his ignore list, aka the foes list. Or updating it. Are any of you having the same issue? If so can you describe what happens when you try to update your foes list?
I used it to silence a particular member last week and it worked perfectly.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

My foes list will not update. Although I have only been using my phone to post the last few days. I'm not using a computer due to travel. Both with the mobile and regular sites.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2012, 12:26 pm
Per some members' request, I've just installed an ignore feature in the forum that I got from a phpbb hacks website.

Instructions:

In the top right corner of each post, you will see an Ignore button. If you click it, the user will be added to your Ignore List.

There is a link at the top below the header to your Ignore List. If you click it, it takes you to your Ignore Panel here:

ignore.php

From there, you can remove users from your Ignore List by clicking the delete button next to the user name, which is in white for some reason.

Ok well test it out and let me know how it works. I already tested it and it seems to work, except that message "You have chosen to ignore this user. Click here to view post." doesn't actually let you view the post for some reason. But oh well. I don't think it's necessary for you to view the user's post if he is on ignore anyway.

Hope this helps.
I clicked the ignore link and it said no route found.

Edit: I am home now. I was able to update the ignore list. Thanks, Winston.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 9:20 am
My foes list will not update. Although I have only been using my phone to post the last few days. I'm not using a computer due to travel. Both with the mobile and regular sites.
If you are on a mobile device, use this theme:

index.php?style=21

If you use the desktop theme on a mobile device, the banners will be overly large and go off screen and will distort the whole orientation. Use the theme above. It only has a few banners and they are all sized to fit the mobile screen. Try it out. It's much better on a mobile screen.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 9:22 am
Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Instructions:

ignore.php

Hope this helps.
I clicked the ignore link and it said no route found.

Edit: I am home now. I was able to update the ignore list. Thanks, Winston.
Lol. That ignore list was for phpbb2. We are only phpbb3 now. You must not have read the updates below it. lol. Now we simply add the user to ignore in the Foes list under Friends and Foes.