Who should be a new moderator in the forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Who should be a new moderator in the forum?

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:I support either Contrarian Expatriate, Jester, or DJforumoney to be an additional moderator to the forum. I'm leaving for China next week--and I won't have time to checkover the forum as much as before, and JamesBond rarely visits the forum these days...so an additional moderator is needed.

I don't know if Winston really cares anymore, so I'm making this thread to see who wants to be a moderator. Anyone interested besides the people I just nominated?
Are you f***ing serious? That would result in a massive exodus of contributing members, just like if I were to be made a moderator.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who wants to be a new moderator to the forum?

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I support either Contrarian Expatriate, Jester, or DJforumoney to be an additional moderator to the forum. I'm leaving for China next week--and I won't have time to checkover the forum as much as before, and JamesBond rarely visits the forum these days...so an additional moderator is needed.

I don't know if Winston really cares anymore, so I'm making this thread to see who wants to be a moderator. Anyone interested besides the people I just nominated?
Are you f***ing serious? That would result in a massive exodus of contributing members, just like if I were to be made a moderator.
I think Jester would be a very good moderator? What do you think?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:I think Jester would be a very good moderator? What do you think?
He'd probably be OK, in that he doesn't seem to antagonize any particular subset of members.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'll do it. I'll ban the lot of you and replace you with feminists.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I would recommend that Winston find a man in the real world who shares his philosophy and make him the moderator. Doing these things over the Internet is guaranteeing that the forum will be co-opted. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts, as they say.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:

Not that I would have time to serve as a moderator, it might not be such bad thing if it lead to your "exodus." I know of several members who found you tiresome enough to want to leave.

Further, a review of your posting history leaves me wondering what substantive value do you bring to the forum.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

Not that I would have time to serve as a moderator, it might not be such bad thing if it lead to your "exodus." I know of several members who found you tiresome enough to want to leave.

Further, a review of your posting history leaves me wondering what substantive value do you bring to the forum.
And that is why you shouldn't be a moderator. Because you would immediately ban me and various other contributing posters from the forum, causing others to leave on their own accord. In case you didn't realize, I was not trying to insult you by saying you should not be a moderator, and indeed excluded myself from consideration. It is not that I would immediately ban people and delete posts, as I think you might, but as I have a message to put forward, the forum would inevitably become skewed towards that, and that would be wrong. Those who have a strong agenda to push, as you and I do, can't really be moderators, unless that is where the forum owner wants the forum to go.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

And that is why you shouldn't be a moderator. Because you would immediately ban me and various other contributing posters from the forum, causing others to leave on their own accord. In case you didn't realize, I was not trying to insult you by saying you should not be a moderator, and indeed excluded myself from consideration. It is not that I would immediately ban people and delete posts, as I think you might, but as I have a message to put forward, the forum would inevitably become skewed towards that, and that would be wrong. Those who have a strong agenda to push, as you and I do, can't really be moderators, unless that is where the forum owner wants the forum to go.
Seems as if I have you running around paranoid. I think you have assigned yourself far more importance in my mind than is the reality. The fact is, you don't matter as much as you think you do.

Also I sense a bit of projecting in that you think I have some "agenda" to advance.

I am a contrarian thinker, hence that is part of my moniker. I don't seek to moderate because I am not a moderate thinker so you can calm your nerves and put your paranoid fears to rest.

That being said, I do think this would be a more useful and higher quality forum if you (and only you) were not a part of it. Your posting history tells the story......
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Seems as if I have you running around paranoid. I think you have assigned yourself far more importance in my mind than is the reality. The fact is, you don't matter as much as you think you do.

Also I sense a bit of projecting in that you think I have some "agenda" to advance.

I am a contrarian thinker, hence that is part of my moniker. I don't seek to moderate because I am not a moderate thinker so you can calm your nerves and put your paranoid fears to rest.

That being said, I do think this would be a more useful and higher quality forum if you (and only you) were not a part of it. Your posting history tells the story......
:lol: Thanks for confirming my point to everyone.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Jester would be my only choice. He doesn't outright antagonize people and seems pretty right in the head.

And it seems Winston doesn't give a shit about the staff. He frequently reverses decisions, and lets offending members others don't like(read: blatantly pissing off whole subsets of members since they joined) get off scot-free, for the stupidest reasons I ever heard.

I say let Winston go off and try to be Mr. Asian Playboy. Let someone else take the torch. :)

Heck if I was moderator only rule-breakers would be banned, like it should be and the forum would automatically be better. I appreciate the OTHER moderators for their educated decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's not easy to find a good moderator because they all seem to be control freaks who ban people they don't like. At that point, people will complain that the mod is acting like a Gestapo. Hard to find someone who is objective and doesn't let his biases cloud his judgment.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

How about not banning people at all (except in extreme cases)? Just suspend them. No one's going to have a major problem with that, I shouldn't think. Or create a section for disruptive people, so that they can do whatever they want in there until they cool down.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:How about not banning people at all (except in extreme cases)? Just suspend them. No one's going to have a major problem with that, I shouldn't think. Or create a section for disruptive people, so that they can do whatever they want in there until they cool down.
Most of the time that would work. But there are some members here that cause others to leave. We do suspend people. Some people get the final ban. I don't like to do that, since we are here to honor and uphold free speech. But sometimes we have no choice.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I feel like Stu at the rehearsal dinner "in Hangover 2".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryoq3Rv97tg
[at Stu's pre-wedding dinner, Lauren's father stands to give a speech]
Fohn: I admit it. When I first met Stu I was not quite sold. He seemed unattractive. He lacked intelligence and imagination. He was missing the spark you look for in a man. But then I look into Stu's eyes, he reminded me of my sweet brother, Chio. For those who do not know, Chio is learning disabled and lives in group home.
[Alan laughs]
Fohn: But Chio loves khao and that's when I realized, Stu is khao.
[Stu whispers to Lauren]
Stu: What's khao?
Fohn: Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people. It is nourishment that everyone can digest. The world needs khao, just as the world needs people like Stu.
[he raises his champagne glass]
Fohn: To my sweet daughter and Stu. Congratulations.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Poll Thread cu.mming up....