Who should be a new moderator in the forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Fschmidt is now moderator in the forum for all boards, except for the new expat board which will be moderated by Zboy.

He is very pro-free speech. His policy is that racism is allowed, within civil boundaries, and only in the racism board. But personal attacks, trolls and spammers are not allowed.

If any of you have any issues or complaints, you may PM them to fschmidt.

However, he will be gone this weekend for our HA Meetup. So you will have to wait til after that for a reply from him.

Fschmidt, if you have any questions about the moderator panel, let me know.

Happy Moderating!

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 3rd, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:Well, I still think an invite only forum is a bad idea. Disallowing contrary opinions doesn't help things. It's more like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "nananana." If anything positive, it'll be a private deposit of travel/expat information that could be very helpful but not widely known. But that's at best.

You reversed bannings and made Fschmidt moderator, so that's good. I did at least want to come here and say thanks for that. Hopefully HA is finished with these little witch hunts.
You misunderstand the expat only forum. It is viewable to the public and will be indexed by search engines. So it will not be hidden. But only members can post.

This is not about disallowing contrary opinions, but just having a board with stricter behavior standards without petty attacks, insults, trolls and racist topics.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Who wants to be a new moderator to the forum?

Post by Winston »

Do we have enough moderators here? Fschmidt is a pretty laissez-faire moderator. Should we get Jester to be a moderator too?

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Winston wrote:Do we have enough moderators here? Fschmidt is a pretty laissez-faire moderator. Should we get Jester to be a moderator too?
Winston try me. I'm Sorry that now you have inbox spam from the h8ters on here insisting that they will leave h.a. If I become a moderator. Lol!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Winston wrote:Do we have enough moderators here? Fschmidt is a pretty laissez-faire moderator. Should we get Jester to be a moderator too?
Winston try me. I'm Sorry that now you have inbox spam from the h8ters on here insisting that they will leave h.a. If I become a moderator. Lol!!!
Fschmidt wouldn't ban anyone--even flat out trolls; I think either Jester or E_Irizzary would make a good moderator.

I really appreciate that you're starting to crack-down on the cesspool invading the forum; it was solely needed, so don't listen to the 'Free-Speech' complainers because we already have plenty of non-P.C. topics and discussions here on the forum, already. It's just that the trolls have really ruined the forum, lately.

Also, Winston, I think it's time for you to let me be the moderator that I used to be on HA: even let me moderate on the non-expat VIP forum--because the trolls have infested the forum--and as a result, viewership is down and many members have left. Thanks.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 6th, 2020, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

If I were a moderator, this is what I'd do:

(1) Create a sub-forum called "Straight Jacket"....It's the purgatory to being permanently-banned. If they want to come back by re-animation or be revived at a chance for life again, then can be let back into the regular forum.
Social caste tiers would be Expat VIP Forum -> Regular Forum -> Straight Jacket Forum -> Perm Ban (from the most priveleged to the least). In the Straight Jacket subforum, the posters relagated there cannot create their own threads, but all they can do is make posts underneath the same thread calling me a s.pic, cursing out H.A. for whatever eason, etc.

(2) People will become permanently banned if they don't do a Skype call with me within a 168-hour period (one week) after they are put into the Straight Jacket subforum (video or not but audio must be mandatory so they can state their plea). I would hold court on Skype in this manner.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:
Fschmidt wouldn't ban anyone--even flat out trolls; I think either Jester or E_Irizzary would make a good moderator.

I really appreciate that you're starting to crack-down on the cesspool invading the forum; it was solely needed, so don't listen to the 'Free-Speech' complainers because we already have plenty of non-P.C. topics and discussions here on the forum, already. It's just that the trolls have really ruined the forum, lately.

Also, Winston, I think it's time for you to let me be the moderator that I used to be on HA: even let me moderate on the non-expat VIP forum--because the trolls have infested the forum--and as a result, viewership is down and many members have left. Thanks.
So why hasn't expat VIP forum become a lot bigger and more successful if your moderating style is the answer to the problems of this forum? You got your own platform so why not concentrate on making that work instead of coming back here to where all the trolls you so loath hang out and complaining? Vote by actions, not words. You seem to enjoy it here more than the venue under your own control lol.

Viewership is down, really? Based on what data or information source. Winston tells me that traffic seems about the same these days as before and anyway, depends on search engine rankings and many other factors.

Drama is neither a draw or hindrance to new posters and traffic. It simple incites regular posters to post more.
Last edited by Rock on October 19th, 2014, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:If I were a moderator, this is what I'd do:

(1) Create a sub-forum called "Straight Jacket"....It's the purgatory to being permanently-banned. If they want to come back by re-animation or be revived at a chance for life again, then can be let back into the regular forum.
Social caste tiers would be Expat VIP Forum -> Regular Forum -> Straight Jacket Forum -> Perm Ban (from the most priveleged to the least). In the Straight Jacket subforum, the posters relagated there cannot create their own threads, but all they can do is make posts underneath the same thread calling me a s.pic, cursing out H.A. for whatever eason, etc.

(2) People will become permanently banned if they don't do a Skype call with me within a 168-hour period (one week) after they are put into the Straight Jacket subforum (video or not but audio must be mandatory so they can state their plea). I would hold court on Skype in this manner.
You may be on to something. We need to work towards verifying posters in some way. Too many lofty claims by anonymous usernames. Let's make the content in this place more real.

We only have a handful of regular contributors at any given time. If you filter out newbies, most of them have been verified through meetings with certain other long tremors, Facebook and/or Skype chats (even cam), etc. If someone is anonymous and starts posting anything that is weird, provocative, hard to believe, or something else that raises suspicion and they are not in anyway verified, they should probably be considered guilty until proven innocent.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't have any PMs from people saying that they will leave HA if you are a moderator. lol

Thanks, but I don't read your posts enough to know what kind of person you are yet.

That's an interesting idea. They would be put into a group called Straight Jacket, and then that group's permissions would be set to participate in only one board. Do you really have time to screen people on Skype? Most internet posters would not be willing to shows their face on Skype to anyone anyway.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

So why hasn't expat VIP forum become a lot bigger and more successful if your moderating style is the answer to the problems of this forum? You got your own platform so why not concentrate on making that work instead of coming back here to where all the trolls you so loath hang out and complaining? Vote by actions, not words. You seem to enjoy it here more than the venue under your own control lol.

Viewership is down, really? Based on what data or information source. Winston tells me that traffic seems about the same these days as before and anyway, depends on search engine rankings and many other factors.

Drama is neither a draw or hindrance to new posters and traffic. It simple incites regular posters to post more.
I don't know if that's a good idea since Zboy's banning tends to cause outrage among a number of forum members. It just leads to protest and controversy.

Yeah drama does not draw away new posters. New posters come here because they are interested in the subject matter of our movement and what we stand for. They usually come here to start their own topic. They don't care about the drama. It doesn't attract them nor deter them. Drama only causes regular posters to pay attention and post more in those threads, because people are addicted to it for some reason.

It's funny how if I start a thread about a deep topic, few will respond. But a drama thread about one controversial person and that thread gets many replies. lol

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
I don't have any PMs from people saying that they will leave HA if you are a moderator. lol

Thanks, but I don't read your posts enough to know what kind of person you are yet.

That's an interesting idea. They would be put into a group called Straight Jacket, and then that group's permissions would be set to participate in only one board. Do you really have time to screen people on Skype? Most internet posters would not be willing to shows their face on Skype to anyone anyway.
The blatant spammers are ex-communicated ASAP; they would be no 168-period. The ones whom aren't spammers but are trollers will be held to court. They would be PM'ed my Skype and one other moderator's Skype in order to balance out the load. I think this can be done with me and two other moderators.

NOTE: The specifics of how we run this HA court system must be confidential. We cannot let the trolls be on their A-game.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

I don't know if that's a good idea since Zboy's banning tends to cause outrage among a number of forum members. It just leads to protest and controversy.

Yeah drama does not draw away new posters. New posters come here because they are interested in the subject matter of our movement and what we stand for. They usually come here to start their own topic. They don't care about the drama. It doesn't attract them nor deter them. Drama only causes regular posters to pay attention and post more in those threads, because people are addicted to it for some reason.

It's funny how if I start a thread about a deep topic, few will respond. But a drama thread about one controversial person and that thread gets many replies. lol
Personally, I think that me, Zboy1, maybe Jester, Rock, Eurobrat (yes I said him and what??), ContrarianExpat, maybe Greek Kamaki (after he's proven himself although he's on the right track) and DJ IV Money could rock this out. The key here guys is to take your pics off of your Skype avatar. If there's anybody else I didn't mention, no offense, just let me know. It's hard to remember everybody.
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on October 19th, 2014, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

I will be the new f***ing moderator

Thanks and enjoy :)