New HA Podcast Shows - Announcements Thread

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New HA Podcast Shows - Announcements Thread

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Hi all,
The podcast with AnAmericaninBangkok, Rock and me is now ready! Well it's not exactly a formal podcast though. It's just a round table discussion we had around a coffee table at Starbucks about life and love in Thailand and some other free flowing topics that came and went. Rock guided most of the discussion. It was very no-nonsense and no-holds-barred, the kind of discussion we all love to have with honest, intelligent, experienced guys without any BS. Hearing it brings back great memories. AIB's voice sounds very confident, passionate, and genuine. He sounds like one of those blunt no-nonsense East Coast guys from the 1970's or 1980's. lol. In the second half, he gave me some good tips and advice. So anytime I need some sense knocked into me, I can listen to this again. :)

It's 2 hours and 25 minutes long, so it's a long one. But a very genuine intelligent informative conversation, so nothing wrong with that, IMO. Besides AIB's take on Thailand related stuff, Rock added a lot of great subpoints as well, and asked a lot of good critical questions. As you can see, Rock has a good clear voice that is easy to follow, and he makes a lot of practical intelligent, albeit critical, points. So he has the potential to be a good moderator too, I think. He also sounds very down to earth as well, without any BS, so I think you guys will like that and vibe with it, since that's how we all are as well.

Hope you all enjoy it. Kick back and relax, Here's the link to stream it online.

Round table discussion between AnAmericaninBangkok, Rock and Winston at a Starbucks in Bangkok, Thailand:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/A ... ailand.mp3

To visit AnAmericaninBangkok's website, blog and videos, go to:
http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com

Btw, here is a photo that Rock took of me and AnAmericaninBangkok after the podcast. LOL

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi again all.

Before Rock and I left Thailand, when we were at the airport in Bangkok, we recorded this short 20 min podcast about our Trip Report. In it, Rock asked me about my impressions of Thailand and I gave my list of pros and cons in a concise manner. You can listen to it here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/T ... inston.mp3
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Hi all,
Before I went to Thailand, I did some interviews with Everdred, a forum member who lives in Japan, and goes by "Everdred" in our forum. In our first podcast, we had an informal discussion about our experiences around Asia. In the second podcast, Everdred asks me a list of questions about me, my life and my mission. Here are the links to both. As you can see, everdred sounds very humble, genuine and down-to-earth, which is uncommon for a white american male, which typically has an arrogant know-it-all attitude. Its very refreshing.

Everdred and Winston discuss their experiences in Asia

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/E ... inston.mp3

Everdred interviews Winston about his life and mission

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/E ... inston.mp3

Hope you all enjoy it.

Everdred also put up a text version of our interview on his website, along with photos of me from my travels. Feel free to leave comments in it.

http://nessthenomad.com/interview-winst ... er-abroad/

His introduction of me from his home page:
Winston Wu, American founder of HappierAbroad.com, was one of the pioneers of the “go abroad for greener pastures” movement that seems to be growing more and more with each passing year. Due to his outspoken nature on controversial topics like anti-feminism and the decay of American society, some people love him, while others hate him. Nevertheless, he took time to do an interview with me so we can learn more about his roots and his lifestyle. Read this interview to learn more about the life of the self-proclaimed “most freethinking Asian of all time.”

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Just wanted to make a quick comment on the movie theatre issue, particularly the ticket scalper guys standing out there. They actually work for the PRODUCERS of the movie. The producers want to inflate their box office numbers, so they buy up a ton of tickets to their own movie, and then they get the scalper to sell them to the public cheap.

The purpose is to be able to say "We got a $100 million opening weekend!" or something like that, but they are actually buying their own tickets.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The_Adventurer wrote:Just wanted to make a quick comment on the movie theatre issue, particularly the ticket scalper guys standing out there. They actually work for the PRODUCERS of the movie. The producers want to inflate their box office numbers, so they buy up a ton of tickets to their own movie, and then they get the scalper to sell them to the public cheap.

The purpose is to be able to say "We got a $100 million opening weekend!" or something like that, but they are actually buying their own tickets.
But these producers are in america and in hollywood. Why would they care how many tickets they sell in china? Their focus is on america right? Most of the films in china in mall movie theaters are american movies, not chinese.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:Just wanted to make a quick comment on the movie theatre issue, particularly the ticket scalper guys standing out there. They actually work for the PRODUCERS of the movie. The producers want to inflate their box office numbers, so they buy up a ton of tickets to their own movie, and then they get the scalper to sell them to the public cheap.

But these producers are in america and in hollywood. Why would they care how many tickets they sell in china? Their focus is on america right? Most of the films in china in mall movie theaters are american movies, not chinese.
You might be thinking of the Philippines. In general, most of the films in cinemas anywhere in China are Chinese, as China only allows a total of 34 foreign movies, not just Hollywood but all foreign movies, to play in China each year, and anime films like those of Miyazaki are popular here too. If you went in the summer, when Hollywood releases their biggest superhero and special FX films, you may have caught them at a time when most of that quota was being filled. (They also only allow two hours of foreign programming on TV too)

If this is a Hollywood film then it's doubly important. There is a reason why more and more big Hollywood films, Iron-Man 3, Robocop, Transformers 4, Looper, and so many others, are putting in Chinese actors and scenes that take place in China. The Chinese box office is huge. In the last couple of years we have seen many films gross more in the Chinese box office than in America. American producers stopped only caring about America well over a decade ago.

The majority of movies would not make their money back without the international box office and China has recently become a huge part of that, equal to what can be grossed in America. Some films, like Pacific Rim were saved by the Chinese box office numbers, where there would be no sequel coming were it not for how well it performed in China.

Also, when to comes to foreign companies, one does not simply walk into China and create and release products. By law they pretty much have to be partnered with someone local. (These laws are slowly changing now) Whatever local distribution partner the Hollywood producers are using will want to use the same technique to inflate box office numbers as they use on their own local movies.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow Terrence. How do you know so much about Hollywood movie distribution deals in China? Are you an insider? So I take it you heard about that topic about movie scalpers in China, during the Everdred interview with me right? What did you think of that interview? And the podcast we did with An American in Bangkok with Rock? I'm surprised not many people are commenting on the podcasts. Odd.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Wow Terrence. How do you know so much about Hollywood movie distribution deals in China? Are you an insider? So I take it you heard about that topic about movie scalpers in China, during the Everdred interview with me right? What did you think of that interview? And the podcast we did with An American in Bangkok with Rock? I'm surprised not many people are commenting on the podcasts. Odd.
I wouldn't say I'm an insider, as I work more on the visual FX and animation side of things, but through wrap parties, conventions and other events, one can still meet lots of big names in the industry. Most of these people, even big producers and directors, really love what they do, and will talk about it for hours if you're willing to sit there and listen. Also, people are constantly moving around in this industry. I've known people at LucasFilm, in California and Singapore, where ten or more years ago, we worked together in some small studio in Arizona or something.

I was invited to speak at the Beijing Film Academy once, and, similar to in Japan, one meets people and everyone bows and exchanges business cards. I didn't know who anyone was. Then, a couple of years later, I find out that one of the people I met was someone big in the industry. I happen to have his contact info. Stuff like that happens all the time.

As for the podcasts, it was actually the one with AmericanInBangkok that I was looking for when I found these other podcasts. Since I was already reading Everdred's site, I was excited to listen to those interviews, and they had some great information. The one with you and Rock at the airport was pretty good, but I felt the place where you recorded it was too noisy. Rock also interrupts speakers too much, even though he asking them the questions. :)

Do you check your traffic stats to see how many people actually listened to the podcasts? When I go through my site's traffic figures I always find weird things. The stuff I expect would be popular never is, and stuff I don't even remember sticking up there has a ton of views. With all the stuff I put up there, some video of a tour of an elementary school in Shanghai is one of my most viewed videos.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Terrence,
If you know big names in the film industry, maybe you can see if theyll help me do a HA documentary? Lol

I dont know of any way to check views on podcasts since they are audio mp3 files. How do i do that?

Hey everyone, check out what zboy said about the podcast with anamericaninbangkok:

Zboy1:

"@Winston I just heard your podcast with AmericaninBangkok. He talks just like a New Yorker--crude and can't speak a sentence without cursing. Lol

Of course, being a New Yorker myself, I'm used to people talking like that. Haha

I can't believe he's a Floridian?! I woulda thought his accent was more Northeastern.

Anyway, he made some really good points, especially regarding not giving girls money. That's so true, and I think it's something that you should kerp in mind, Winston. Women who ask for money aren't good wife material."

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Terrence,
If you know big names in the film industry, maybe you can see if theyll help me do a HA documentary? Lol
Have you heard of ITVS? They are associated with PBS and always looking for documentary content. I heard that the president and many staff are of Chinese descent too.

http://itvs.org/funding

You might be able to edit something together, for a quick proof of concept, from all the video content you already have, and then write a treatment for what the full documentary will be and submit it to them. They have funded documentaries up to $300,000 USD.
Winston wrote: I dont know of any way to check views on podcasts since they are audio mp3 files. How do i do that?
In your website control panel, you can look at the "stats" or your traffic. Your control panel should have some tool to quickly generate stats from the web logs. In the stats you just look at how many times the file was downloaded. It should even separate between full and partial downloads, so you know how many finished it versus listening to just some of it.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston is too much of a free spirit to fall for corporate propaganda :lol: and he still has a soul aka not a sell out.

They would give 300k to Winston without editing his content and inserting their own propaganda?

For example...He would say mostly good things about the bar industry in Thailand and Ph which would not go well with lame stream companies...At some point he would be made to tell that women are trafficked and are working against their will in Angeles city or that, the Mafia controls the bar industry and lots of NGOs, Christian Charities are doing good thing to save women in poor third world country narrative.

Chinese descent..He won't care...He would say...Chinese are smart but too greedy and close minded not free thinkers as Europeans.

He stands for everything that is Not PBS otherwise, they would have approached him years ago..Hell, if i had money, I would have called Winston and given him 400k to make a docu on his life in Asia AS IT IS

-----------------If you have Google Analytics do this to track downloads. I'm certified Google Analytics Professional 8) taken from a source that i refer

https://moz.com/community/q/what-s-the- ... for-a-site

<a href="http://sitename.com/force-download.php? ... tename.mp3" onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Category', 'Action', 'Label']);">

Category would be MP3 Podcast, Action would be Download and Label would be topic of discussion.

So just paste this in the HTML URL Where you put your MP3 links

For example...One of your MP3 Podcast would be....

<a href="http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/E ... inston.mp3" onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'MP3 Podcast', 'Download', 'Everdred Podcast Winston']);">

After putting above code, you will be able to track how many downloads for this podcast in Analytics under Behavior/Events.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Attention: I Need Your Help Everyone!

Hi Everyone,
I need your help. My podcasts really need to get on YouTube to reach more people. I know that YouTube tends to take down my videos, but they get taken down less often if they are on other people's channels, not mine. Other controversial people also get their videos taken down too. Even David Icke and Alex Jones get their videos taken down. However, they have many fans that keep uploading them so that they are kept up on YouTube. We need to do the same.

So I need you guys to help. Can you please upload my podcasts to YouTube on your channel? Better to have multiple channels so they are spread out. You can download my podcast files here at this index of files:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/

Just right click and Save As to download the mp3 files. Then add an image or graphic to it in Windows Movie Maker (which is free and came with Windows on your PC) and save as a video file to upload to YouTube. Please make sure to put the name of this site, HappierAbroad.com on it somewhere, either on the image or in the description section on YouTube, or both. Also use some catchy words in the title that will appeal to people too. All this won't take long.

In particular, please upload my "Benefits of going abroad" podcasts, and also the "Benefits and freedoms of China" podcast, which is major and groundbreaking, the first of its kind, which should get a lot of attention. Those are the most important ones.

Thanks,
Winston

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Attention: I Need Your Help Everyone!

Hi Everyone,
I need your help. My podcasts really need to get on YouTube to reach more people. I know that YouTube tends to take down my videos, but they get taken down less often if they are on other people's channels, not mine. Other controversial people also get their videos taken down too. Even David Icke and Alex Jones get their videos taken down. However, they have many fans that keep uploading them so that they are kept up on YouTube. We need to do the same.

So I need you guys to help. Can you please upload my podcasts to YouTube on your channel? Better to have multiple channels so they are spread out. You can download my podcast files here at this index of files:

Just right click and Save As to download the mp3 files. Then add an image or graphic to it in Windows Movie Maker (which is free and came with Windows on your PC) and save as a video file to upload to YouTube. Please make sure to put the name of this site, HappierAbroad.com on it somewhere, either on the image or in the description section on YouTube, or both. Also use some catchy words in the title that will appeal to people too. All this won't take long.

In particular, please upload my "Benefits of going abroad" podcasts, and also the "Benefits and freedoms of China" podcast, which is major and groundbreaking, the first of its kind, which should get a lot of attention. Those are the most important ones.

Thanks,
Winston
ok. I have a youtube channel which is going strong and have millions of views. :lol: I would upload one of your podcast and see the reaction of Jewtube before uploading more.

Just to be clear, I believe in sharing real good information for free. I don't support Google Adsense. so I won't be making any money out of your podcast.

What subject and description you want to be put on the Video. You can put it here and I would copy it.

My channel is

https://www.youtube.com/user/lavista4u/videos
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote: ok. I have a youtube channel which is going strong and have millions of views. :lol: I would upload one of your podcast and see the reaction of Jewtube before uploading more.

Just to be clear, I believe in sharing real good information for free. I don't support Google Adsense. so I won't be making any money out of your podcast.

What subject and description you want to be put on the Video. You can put it here and I would copy it.

My channel is

https://www.youtube.com/user/lavista4u/videos
Thanks. Just use any title words that are catchy, such as "Great Reasons to Leave America For Better Life Abroad" or "The Solution to America's Problems that the Conspiracy/Truther movement doesn't give you" or "Solve Your Problems Easily by Getting out of America" or "The Solution that the New Age/Conspiracy movement never tells you" etc. Or how about "Benefits of Moving Abroad" or "Great Benefits of getting out of America!"

Or if you upload the China podcast, you can use titles like "Freedoms in China that you don't get in America or the West" etc. Just think of something catchy and interesting that will make people click on it. You get the drift?

Here is the podcast index of files again:

Thanks,
Winston

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

I have uploaded the video, you can check it below. Since, the file is mp3 google does not except it, it needs to be converted into mp4 format, and i have to use thumbnail as well....i will see google response and then upload more but it would be good, if you can provide videos on mp4 format itself so that I don't feel lazy doing it myself... :lol:

It already has 10 views since i uploaded it for five minutes :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUpVrM_dIXg[/youtube]