Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, in this forum there is a help guide with a list of FAQ's that address questions about the basics of using this forum. So if you have any questions about how to do something on the forum, you can check to see if it addresses it. Here is the link.

faq.php

For future reference, if you need to find the support guide again, you will find the link to it in the top right of the forum at the FAQ link next to the login/logout link.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

The logo looks like it say HOA., but besides that it is nice.

Please change the colors back to normal. Halloween is over. I hate this black background.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Winston wrote:Check out the new logo that Eurobrat made for us. What do you think? Maybe it'd look better with a Cupid's arrow through the globe? lol

Please change the colors back to normal. Halloween is over. I hate this black background.
Why do you hate it? These colors are awesome. lol. The big moon at the top looks soothing and the bats look cute. lol

If you really hate it, use the Mobile theme for now. It has a white background.

index.php?mobile=mobile

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note:

In this new forum version, you no longer have to use single quote marks in topic titles like you did before in the other forum. Now you can use double quotation marks in the topic title and they will show up just fine. Like this:

"Topic title of thread"

For some reason, the other forum could not display double quotation marks properly, but this one can. So you can use them now in topic titles.

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:

Why do you hate it? These colors are awesome. lol. The big moon at the top looks soothing and the bats look cute. lol

If you really hate it, use the Mobile theme for now. It has a white background.

index.php?mobile=mobile

I don't like the black background because I find it harder to read. I can't find the buttons. Where is the button to upload a photo? The old colors are much easier on the eyes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote: I don't like the black background because I find it harder to read. I can't find the buttons. Where is the button to upload a photo? The old colors are much easier on the eyes.
But don't you remember when the Apple II computers came out in the 1980's? Its black background green text was great on the eyes. Remember? So why isn't that true today? lol

There is no button to upload a photo. There never was because attachments are disabled. We don't have the room on this server to store unlimited attachments.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok we've switched back to the regular theme now.

But if any of you prefer the dark background of the Halloween theme, you can still use it. I've left it active as an option that you can select as your own board style. To select it as your theme, go to your User Control Panel linked above. Under Board Preferences, you will see an option for My Board Style. There you can select the Halloween theme. Then click submit and you will be viewing that theme again. So if any of you prefer it, you can always switch to it.

Here is the link for your User Control Panel.
ucp.php

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok Eurobrat. I just put your logo in the top left corner of the forum. What do you think? How does it look?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note: In this new forum, moderators have a green username. So when you see a green username, it means that person is a moderator. Admins like me have a red username.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Please note:

If you compose a post and then click Save Draft, you will not find your draft in the thread. You will only find it by going to the User Control Panel and clicking on "Manage Drafts". There you can edit your post again for submission.

If any of you have any other questions, let me know or post it in this thread.