Attention: Please REUPLOAD your Avatars Everyone!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Attention: Please REUPLOAD your Avatars Everyone!

Post by Winston »

To everyone:

Regarding the issue of missing avatars after the forum upgrade, I'm afraid I have some bad news. During the conversion process from phpbb2 to phpbb3, the avatars were supposed to be automatically converted over. But they weren't for some reason. Conversions are never perfect. There is no way I can fix this easily either. I can't just upload all the avatars from the other forum into a folder in this new forum and fix it that way. I already tried doing that.

The only way to fix this theoretically would be to run database commands in the database admin panel of the webhost. But that is too complicated and beyond the scope of my ability. I am not a programmer and I don't know database code. It would require long database strings too.

I have searched the phpbb support forums for a solution to this and that's what I discovered.

So the only solution now is for everyone to please REUPLOAD their avatars. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To upload your avatar, go to the User Control Panel link at the top and then go to the Profile tab and select Edit Avatar. If your avatar image exceeds the maximum length and width, it should shrink it for you. Or you can specify the length and width in the avatar panel.

If anyone needs the image file of their avatar, I have them all in a folder and can zip them up and upload them to our server for you to download. In fact, I'll do that and post the download link in this thread for anyone who needs the file of their avatar.

Thanks for your attention and sorry again for the inconvenience.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Attention: Please REUPLOAD your Avatars Everyone!

Post by Winston »

Attention Everyone:

I've just uploaded all the avatars from the old forum onto our server into a zipped file. Here is the download link to it. If you need the file image of your avatar, then download the zipped file below and unzip it. After unzipping, you will see a folder containing all the avatar images. Find yours and reupload it. Thanks for your attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.happierabroad.com/avatars.zip
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I'm assuming since this site uses php server side scripting that you can use postgre sql or MySQL query script to do an Update set where inner joined.

UPDATE NEW_TABLE
SET NEW_AVATAR_FIELD
WHERE (SELECT * FROM FROM OLD_TABLE OLD WHERE OLD.USER_NAME IS NOT NULL)
AND (NEW_MIGRATED_TABLE.PRIMARY_KEY LEFT OUTER JOIN OLD_TABLE.PRIMARY_KEY)

OR Something like that. :?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm not gonna mess with database code or run commands and queries I don't understand unless I know what I'm doing. Please everyone, just reupload your avatars. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A Reminder:

Please REUPLOAD your avatars everyone!

If you have any questions, post them here.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A reminder everyone:

Please remember to reupload your avatars in the UCP linked at the top. If you need the file of your avatar, I've put it into a zip file which you can download at the link above.

If you have any questions about uploading your avatar or using the avatar control panel, post them here.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Attention Everyone:

I've just uploaded all the avatars from the old forum onto our server into a zipped file. Here is the download link to it. If you need the file image of your avatar, then download the zipped file below and unzip it. After unzipping, you will see a folder containing all the avatar images. Find yours and reupload it. Thanks for your attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.happierabroad.com/avatars.zip
Yes please, everyone reupload your avatars. Use the link Winston made above, all of your avatars are located there.

The forum will look MUCH NICER if everyone would upload their avatars. Thank you.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah everyone. Get on it. Many of you still have broken images in your avatar which looks terrible. lol

How many times do you all have to be reminded? Geez. lol

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Resizing doesn't work.

Email me an avatar that you think fits, and I'll upload it.

Or PM me your email, and I'll send you a couple of my avatars to play with.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:Resizing doesn't work.

Email me an avatar that you think fits, and I'll upload it.

Or PM me your email, and I'll send you a couple of my avatars to play with.
How did you resize it in the last forum then? Did you upload it as a file or link to it offsite?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I uploaded them.

I used two small avatars at different times

One I had to resize at your request, I think, the other I searched and found a small one.

I have both. I suspect that the new forum software's limit of 175 by 175 pixels is smaller than previously.

EDIT: NEW FORUM LIMIT FOR AVATAR IS 175 PIXELS WIDE BY 300 PIXELS HIGH (86.8K FILE SIZE)
Last edited by Jester on October 29th, 2014, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The avatar I used most recently, Jester from Top Gun, was 189 pixels wide by 189 pixels high (4.69kb or 8kb "on disk")

My old Jester-at-dinner avatar was 184 pixels wide by 174 pixels high (9.75 kb or 12 kb "on disk")

I attempted to look in the zip file of all avatars, but the Windows app that it opens in oddly does not allow scrolling through the file. So I would have to laboriously open and close every image in there. Too backward. Plus the image names have been changed, so I cannot find it by name.

Probably it would still be the first of these two images that I have anyway.

Simplest thing would be for you to post a how-to on resizing .jpg files
I can't be the only one who needs it
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:The avatar I used most recently, Jester from Top Gun, was 189 pixels wide by 189 pixels high (4.69kb or 8kb "on disk")

My old Jester-at-dinner avatar was 184 pixels wide by 174 pixels high (9.75 kb or 12 kb "on disk")

I attempted to look in the zip file of all avatars, but the Windows app that it opens in oddly does not allow scrolling through the file. So I would have to laboriously open and close every image in there. Too backward. Plus the image names have been changed, so I cannot find it by name.

Probably it would still be the first of these two images that I have anyway.

Simplest thing would be for you to post a how-to on resizing .jpg files
I can't be the only one who needs it
You are supposed to extract the zip file into a folder. Then in Windows Explorer, you right click and select "View as icons" to see thumbnails of all the images. That's how you find your image.

When you uploaded the avatars, did you set the dimensions in the control panel to a size that's under the limit?

Ok for now, I will change the avatar dimensions to 200x300 for a while, until you are able to upload your avatar.

How come you were able to resize it the first time but not now?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Jester,
You can try linking the avatar from an offsite URL now. Then specifying the dimensions of it in the avatar panel to something below the maximum dimensions. It will shrink your avatar to those dimensions. I just tried it and it works.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Many of you still have broken avatars or have none at all. The broken avatars look bad. Come on guys. Please upload an avatar. It only takes a minute. Some of you still have not done so, or have not reuploaded yours. I'm gonna start removing the broken avatars as I see them because they look kind of bad.