Server downtime announcements

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Server downtime announcements

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, I got this message from Bluehost, our webhost server:

"Winston,

As part of our longstanding effort to keep our servers fast and reliable, the server hosting happierabroad.com is scheduled for routine maintenance starting at 10pm MDT between Monday, July 25 and Friday, July 29. You can expect approximately 30-60 minutes of downtime while the server reboots.

Please be assured we're doing everything possible to make this a smooth transition.

Thanks,

Bluehost Support
http://www.bluehost.com
For support go to http://bluehost.com/help "
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Server downtime announcements

Post by Winston »

Sorry for the downtime the other day. If you couldn't connect to the forum, the above announcement was why.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New announcement from our webhost:

"Winston,

As part of our longstanding effort to keep our servers fast and reliable, the server hosting happierabroad.com is scheduled for routine maintenance starting at 10pm MDT between Wednesday, August 3 and Friday, August 5. You can expect approximately 30-60 minutes of downtime while the server reboots.

Please be assured we're doing everything possible to make this a smooth transition.

Thanks,

Bluehost Support
http://www.bluehost.com
For support go to http://bluehost.com/help "

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bluehost was down for many hours. That's why this site was down for many hours too. It's back up again. See announcement here: http://www.bluehost.com

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the explanation by bluehost for the latest server downtime which lasted many hours.
Bluehost Blog

Recent Service Disruption — Our Apologies

On Friday, December 9th at approximately 4:00 pm (ET) we experienced a network outage at our Provo Data Center located in Utah. This resulted in service disruption for Virtual Private Server (VPS) and Dedicated customers as well as some of our shared customers served out of that facility.

With any significant event that affects our customers, we conduct an extensive examination to understand the root cause and develop a course of action to improve our systems and procedures. To that end, we wanted to provide a synopsis of the situation that occurred and our reassurance that we are working diligently to proactively mitigate and prevent future outages.

Here’s What Happened

In an effort to address network instability affecting a small segment of customers, a configuration change was applied which impacted a core router in an unintended manner — specifically, applying a traffic filter in the router towards an aggregate switch resulted in an unexpected network response. This triggered a spanning tree loop and resulted in the loss of gateway response for this critical network segment. The change was immediately reverted, but the instability remained. We worked through every segment of the network to identify the loop while attempting to minimize disruption. Our engineering team and the service vendor wrote and applied the proper Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) filters and service was methodically restored.

Network instability lasted approximately 16 hours for some customers while the servers/switches were restored to normal functionality. While we attempted to keep customers apprised as information became available, we realize we need to do more.

Here’s What We’re Doing

We are in the process of modifying the current network architecture to prevent or reduce the impact of any particular network event or device failure by improving Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) segmentation. Part of the strategy includes creating smaller sub segments of the network so we can isolate problems and manage infrastructure. We are also investing in switch upgrades to allow support of packet filtering throughout our entire infrastructure and most importantly, dedicating significant financial resources to hire additional industry experts to join our team.

Outages disrupt your life and your business. We understand — we take our responsibility to you very seriously.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and provide my personal assurance that we are dedicated to meeting our commitment to you.

Sincerely,

ron-signature

Ron LaSalvia
President & Chief Operating Officer, Endurance International Group

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sorry the forum was down for a while today guys. But it wasn't my fault this time. Bluehost had server issues earlier which affected all sites on their servers, they told me. And since their staff are at home due to the coronavirus pandemic, they didn't have many people on hand to fix it as they usually do. So it took longer for them to fix their servers this time.