The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.3! Report any issues here.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Re: Welcome to our upgraded forum! Report any issues here.

Post by Misko_Varesanovic »

Hey there Winston,
Many congratulations on the upgrade! This is a huge undertaking that you've accomplished. The new, modern look is really great.

I spotted one glitch: the YouTube previews are not displaying: instead, there are just URLS inbetween HTML tags. The following page has several examples:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29185&start=435

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Dear Winston,
Just FYI, I am getting the following error message on submitting a post:

'[an error occurred while processing this directive]'

The posts do appear to get published, however.

Sample thread where this is happening:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... &start=435

I hope this information is of some use to you.

P.S. It's also happening in this thread. Makes no difference whether I click 'Submit' or go to the full editor.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 7:16 am
Hey there Winston,
Many congratulations on the upgrade! This is a huge undertaking that you've accomplished. The new, modern look is really great.

I spotted one glitch: the YouTube previews are not displaying: instead, there are just URLS inbetween HTML tags. The following page has several examples:

Yeah I noticed that. To fix that, I have to go to my Admin Panel but I'm unable to access it for some reason and support hasn't gotten back to me. I thought computers were precise and mathematical. Why do they have so many unpredictable bugs? lol. I've installed a new media plug in that will let you embed media and videos from many websites, but I have to configure it and test it out first. I'll let you know when it's available.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 9:44 am
Dear Winston,

P.S. It's also happening in this thread. Makes no difference whether I click 'Submit' or go to the full editor.
I was trying to run checks on the database earlier. When I do that, the forum will time out. That's typical. But that was a temporary thing. It should be ok now. Is it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 10:31 am
Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 9:44 am
Dear Winston,

I was trying to run checks on the database earlier. When I do that, the forum will time out. That's typical. But that was a temporary thing. It should be ok now. Is it?
Let's see...yes, that worked very well indeed. Very rapid posting, too.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 10:29 am
Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 7:16 am
Hey there Winston,

Yeah I noticed that. To fix that, I have to go to my Admin Panel but I'm unable to access it for some reason and support hasn't gotten back to me. I thought computers were precise and mathematical. Why do they have so many unpredictable bugs? lol. I've installed a new media plug in that will let you embed media and videos from many websites, but I have to configure it and test it out first. I'll let you know when it's available.
Many thanks for this, Winston! A huge amount of work goes into maintaining this type of operation - kudos to you for upgrading the forum so seamlessly. The only other forum I have much direct experience of had upgrade-related problems for many months.
kairosan117
Freshman Poster

Re: The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.2! Report any issues here.

Post by kairosan117 »

I like this , much more cohesive and smoother too.
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

Clicking on an external link no longer opens a new tab.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I just installed some dark forum themes here in case any of you prefer them. I figure it's ok to let you all choose other themes because usually it's the guests browsing here that click on ads, not the regular forum posters. Anyway, I installed two dark themes so far. You can preview them at the links below.

index.php?style=11
index.php?style=12

Are you all able to see them? To select one of them, go to your UCP by clicking your username in the top right corner and selecting "User Control Panel". Then in your UCP select Board Preferences and pick the forum theme that you want and hit Submit.

If there are any other themes you guys want, you can look at the styles database below and let me know.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

As side from my sig being limited and avatar being taken down and not getting good support.

The virus infested site now has my avatar on the right wanting me to allow its stupid scripts to make it on the left on how its supposed to be.

On the site overall, less "announcements" and a few lively themes would be better.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Unfortunately the YouTube videos have all been turned into links after the forum upgrade. I have no way to fix it. But I fixed the YouTube BBCode though so they can be embedded again. To re-embed a YouTube video in your post that already has the YouTube tags around it, simply edit it by clicking on the pencil icon in your post, and changing at least one character in it, then resubmitting it. Please note that you have to change at least one character in the post, or the video will not embed. Once you do, the video will re-embed. I've tested it and that's how it works.

Thanks for your attention,
Admin

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master wrote:
November 23rd, 2017, 4:43 am
As side from my sig being limited and avatar being taken down and not getting good support.

The virus infested site now has my avatar on the right wanting me to allow its stupid scripts to make it on the left on how its supposed to be.

On the site overall, less "announcements" and a few lively themes would be better.

No one here wants a huge signature with a big image and video in it man. Get real. Ask anyone here if they wanna see that below every post of yours. :P

What virus? We have no viruses here. What do you mean?

So you got a notification that a script here is putting the profiles on the left side of posts? How so? Did you have to click accept? How come others don't get notifications about some script like that? Does anyone prefer their profile show on the right side of posts like in the default template?

I did install two dark themes above if you want to use them. See my earlier post above with preview links in them.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

snede wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 5:58 pm
Thanks for reminding me of that. I gotta work on that too. Also on not allowing new members to post links until after 3 legit posts. And adding the "nofollow" tag to external links here too. For now though, just right click on external links and open in new tab.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
November 23rd, 2017, 1:09 pm
snede wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 5:58 pm
Thanks for reminding me of that. I gotta work on that too. Also on not allowing new members to post links until after 3 legit posts. And adding the "nofollow" tag to external links here too. For now though, just right click on external links and open in new tab.
Ok I fixed it by installing an extension. All external links now open in new tabs. I just tested it. Try it out.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Is anyone getting the weird quotation marks in the posts?