The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.3! Report any issues here.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.2! Report any issues here.

Post by Yohan »

Yes, me too. Same problem.
I am now not using 'quote' anymore until this is fixed.

I am changing 'quote' to italics' - to make clear what is a quote and what is written by me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 1:38 am
Is anyone getting the weird quotation marks in the posts?
No only you are. Haha. Just kidding. :P

It happened yesterday after i changed the forum colors to darker blue. I dont know why. I'm still waiting on support to help me fix it. Why do so many things go wrong with computers?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It's OK now. I think, you correctly fixed it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 3:41 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 1:38 am
Is anyone getting the weird quotation marks in the posts?
No only you are. Haha. Just kidding. :P

It happened yesterday after i changed the forum colors to darker blue. I dont know why. I'm still waiting on support to help me fix it. Why do so many things go wrong with computers?
Ok it's fixed now. The developer used the wrong template to recolor this forum.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Video Plugin!

I've installed a media plugin here that will let you embed video from many websites. Simply use the button in your post forum that looks like a TV screen, next to the "mention, vimeo, youtube" buttons, and it will generate some media tags that look like this.

Code: Select all

[media]external URL of media[/media]
Here is a list of sites you can use it with. Not you can't use it with YouTube or Vimeo though because there are already YouTube and Vimeo BBCodes and buttons here to use, and they cannot be used twice with a new plug in. I'd have to remove the YouTube and Vimeo BBCodes before this media plugin can embed them. I don't know if I will ever do that, because there are already too many YouTube tags in posts here. So for now, just use the YouTube tags to embed YouTube videos, and use Vimeo tags for Vimeo videos, and the media tags for everything else.

Here is a list of sites the media tags can be used to embed video from:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
http://s9etextformatter.readthedocs.io/ ... bed/Sites/
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/download/136051

Try it and see if it works.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Mention Plugin!

I've just installed a plugin that lets you guys mention others here by tags and they will receive a notification about it, kind of like on Facebook. All you do is while typing a post, mention another by username using the @ character first, and as you type their username, a drop down box will appear. Select the person you want to mention and they will automatically be wrapped with the mention tags like this.

Code: Select all

[mention]username[/mention]
Make sure to spell their username correctly or it will not work and they will not receive a notification. It is not case sensitive. The drop down looks like this:

More info here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _mentions/

I'm gonna test it out now and mention some of you here, to see if it works. :)

@Rock
@Mr S
@ladislav
@jamesbond
@Fschmidt
@Jester
@Eurobrat
@publicduende
@TruthSeeker
@Master
@Ghost
@droid
@LFL
@snede
@PeterAndrewNolan
@zboy1
@ethan_sg
@bao3niang
@Falcon
@el_caudillo
@Adama
@yick
@HouseMD
@momopi
@starchild5
@Winston

Ok well happy mentioning! lol

What do you guys think? You like this feature? This way others will know when you've mentioned them and want them to know about it.

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

Just like no one wants to see your big fat face. But we have to. Its a matter of taste. I didnt get complaints before when I had it for several months. Why change something that is good and why have it as an option if your not going to allow it?

Your limiting our original rights to suit your stupid idea on how the site should be and infrigining on our creativity. AND I DONT GIVE ONE f**k WHAT OTHERS THINK! Its my signature and my profile not any elses. if you want to cater to other people take your stupid fat face off it and put some hot sluts instead!

Ive gotten viruses and warning of viruses on this site in the past.

I have script preventations on this site and now that you updated it the avatar is on the right and inproper rather than on the left properly like it should. Im sure many have had many issues about the site but dont give a f**k to mention so count your lucky charms that I am weighing in even for a sec!
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston, how do you get rid of the notifications? I can't stand it, I don't care if someone mentions me in a post. How can we deactivate the notifications?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Click Notifications then Settings. I agree they are annoying just like in Windows
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 3:09 am
Click Notifications then Settings. I agree they are annoying just like in Windows
Thank you I just adjusted my notifications settings. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 2:21 am
Winston, how do you get rid of the notifications? I can't stand it, I don't care if someone mentions me in a post. How can we deactivate the notifications?
Why? The notifications thing is just a small red number in the top right corner of the forum. It's not a pop up and is very non-intrusive. You can ignore it if you want. Or you can click on it and see them and click on the ones you care about. Why would it be annoying? Go to your UCP and check out all the settings and customizations you can do.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 5:36 pm
Just like no one wants to see your big fat face. But we have to. Its a matter of taste. I didnt get complaints before when I had it for several months. Why change something that is good and why have it as an option if your not going to allow it?

Your limiting our original rights to suit your stupid idea on how the site should be and infrigining on our creativity. AND I DONT GIVE ONE f**k WHAT OTHERS THINK! Its my signature and my profile not any elses. if you want to cater to other people take your stupid fat face off it and put some hot sluts instead!

Ive gotten viruses and warning of viruses on this site in the past.

I have script preventations on this site and now that you updated it the avatar is on the right and inproper rather than on the left properly like it should. Im sure many have had many issues about the site but dont give a f**k to mention so count your lucky charms that I am weighing in even for a sec!
Well dude. At least my face doesn't look like the Joker. And I don't put a large image of my face in the signature. Ask anyone here if they want to see a big image of the Joker in your signature after every post, and a video of the Joker taking up the whole screen as well. Use your head man. If someone wanted to see the Joker on video, they'd go to YouTube and see it. You shouldn't force everyone to see it in your damn signature. lol :P

If you want, start a poll and ask everyone if they want to see it. And make sure you tell them that your graphic and video were huge! lol

Go to other forums and see. Signatures are usually small, not huge. And if there is a graphic in them, they are small too. A signature by definition is something short, not big. Check the dictionary man. You aren't being reasonable.

If I disable BBCodes in signatures, then people will not be able to change colors in the text or use bold or italic either. But I can post a new forum rule about it and note that signatures need to be reasonable sizes, not out of proportion.

The reason I didn't complain about this before is because I didn't see your signature before. I don't see your posts much. There aren't very many of them. If I saw it before I would have complained as well and removed it or reduced its size for you.

How many scripts do you get notified about here? Just the one for the profile switcher? Not for other plugins? Why don't you click accept to the script so you see the profiles on the left side like you want? You have something blocking all scripts? Doesn't that limit your web connectivity?

Btw, why don't we stick to more polite subjects, like this:

Me: "Nice weather we're having today."
You: "Yes, it sure is a beautiful day out today."

That's the kind of light hearted polite topics we're supposed to have here right? lol (sarcastic tone). Wouldn't you guys love it if we were limited to that kind of superficial talk only? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dear forum members,
As you might have noticed, when you come here on a smart phone or mobile device, the banners are overly large and go off the screen. That's because this new upgraded forum is responsive on mobile devices and automatically adjusts to your screen. However, the banners are fixed sizes and do not adjust. That's why it looks disproportionate on a mobile screen.

Since there is no easy way to make all the banners here responsive to mobile screens, I have no choice but to put up a second theme that is more mobile friendly and has smaller ads that fit a mobile screen. I've done just that. At the top under the main banner you will see a link that says, "Mobile Friendly Theme". You can click on that to get to the mobile friendly theme or preview it. On the mobile theme, there is another link in the same place that says "Desktop Theme" so you can switch back if you want.

This new mobile theme is actually a good desktop theme as well, so it doubles as both. Actually it was designed to be a desktop theme but it is responsive so it readjusts to fit a mobile screen. It also has much fewer ads as well, so if you hate the banner ads here, you can consider switching to it as your default theme. Here is the direct link to it:

index.php?style=20

This means you can also select this theme, which is called "Proflat" as your forum default theme if you want. To do that, simply go to your UCP in the top right corner, then select Board Preferences, and then pick the forum theme that you want. Currently, besides the Prosilver default theme, there are three others to choose from. Here are the preview links to them.

Proflat (light theme, good for mobile and desktop)
index.php?style=20

Black (dark background theme)
index.php?style=11

Black Green (green text on black background, similar to the old Apple II theme)
index.php?style=12

Please note that the Black theme is also mobile responsive, so it can be used as a mobile theme too, if you like dark themes that is. You can choose any of these as your default theme in your UCP.

If there are any othe themes you guys might like, let me know.

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

I actually have no problem with the notifications. The thing is that sometimes you say something insignificant but get notified whenever someone is having a conversation. I suppose there is no way around that and it isnt a big deal.

Thanks Dude. Im quite good looking. Yea you dont put a large face but you put an annoying boring ad instead of something personal. The youtube video to me isnt a big file just as the avatar you down sized or font on my signature wasnt that big of a difference. The only way I would be against MY signature having a video is if it was on auto play. Otherwise IT IS MY Signature and I should put whatever I want regardless of what faggots think or other bitch sites are doing. I did suggest down sizing the video.

And it has nothing to do with whether someone could look it up or not. It is my signature so I should put whatever I f***ing want.

I had suggest ad blocking the video and/or creating a signature block option for the site making it lighter. As an alternative.

You already know me thoughts on the poll. and I wouldnt say they WERE Huge. Normal size... or a bit bigger.

Because there arent many posts of mine it would a lot lesser problem to watch if my few posts just contain a bigger signature.

Just the main site script. Which does all of its script. If I leave it off it makes takes off the java and makes the site run faster. The avatar switch was fine before the update. I usually also blocks flash. I have accepted the site but I dont like to because the site has had viruses in the past and opens up vunerabilities. It doesnt limit connectivity and most of the features work. Just takes off java and flash making the site lighter.

I can chit chat with a stranger on the street. How boring... The reason I come to site is to have real deep down conversations. Start messing with the formula lets see how long it lasts.

and the answer is No.

by the way since you suggested it. I have been trying the black and green. Was the first one to try it by accident. More my style. Love it and havent switched back ever since!
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master,
I never said you were good looking. When did i say that? Lol. I don't even know what you look like. Lol

I told you, if i disable bbcodes in signatures then people cannot change font styles or colors or size. Theres no feature to only disable videos.

If you want to post a video why dont you put a text link to it in your signature? You can even put an anchor link to words rather than a URL.

Btw see the official forum rules thread. I updated it for you.

Btw why do you put so many blank lines between paragraphs in your post? Only one blank line is enough. I had to fix your last post cause it had so many unnecessary blank lines.

Glad you like the green and black theme. It reminds me of the old Apple II monitor, which was very good on the eyes.