Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Maximum size of avatars has been changed

Announcements and site updates.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston
Site Admin

Maximum size of avatars has been changed

Post by Winston » May 6th, 2008, 5:31 pm

Hi all,
I've doubled the maximum size of picture avatars on this forum to 100k and 500 x 500 pixel dimensions so that you can insert larger avatars. It's a pain to have to crop pictures to less than 9k, which I think is way too small.
Last edited by Winston on November 12th, 2012, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » May 7th, 2008, 9:56 am

Who is that hot looking woman in your avatar Winston?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » May 9th, 2008, 3:04 pm

She's a girl I'm dating. hehehe Just kidding.

That's Angel Locsin, the highest paid actress in the Philippines.

Here are more pictures of her:

http://www.angellocsin.com/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master » December 28th, 2009, 9:45 am

what are the avatar rules? I tried to get a good one but the restrictions really suck.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » December 28th, 2009, 9:58 am

You can link to an off site avatar or upload a picture from your computer, there shouldn't be any problems with it.

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master » December 29th, 2009, 11:49 am

well there is. you see. i tried to upload a pic from my pc. first it said too big in size then too big in dimension. I cant win. I must have a small icon of some sort. i want a big icon like yours but not one as lustful.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » December 30th, 2009, 3:51 pm

I've already stretched the avatar dimensions generously, far beyond the restrictions of most forums and beyond the default here. If the pic doesn't fit, open it in a simple program like Paint, which comes with your Windows, and resize it to under 100k and under the pixel requirements. Then save it and upload it to your profile.

Master
Junior Poster

Post by Master » December 31st, 2009, 12:14 pm

Thanks for your generously and respond. Those limits just dont do it for me. JB response and method worked. I feel I can express myself better now. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Maximum size of avatars has been increased

Post by Winston » October 18th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Maximum avatar dimensions have been changed to 175x275. That seems to be the optimum size. It's not too big and not too small.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Maximum size of avatars has been increased

Post by xiongmao » October 20th, 2014, 9:49 pm

I had to resize my avatar, but the board now fits on my smaller screen (13.5" ultrabook).
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my TEFL blog.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.