Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Post by Winston »

This thread is for announcements of forum updates, changes and improvements.

Here are the first updates and changes:

- A new classifieds board has been created in the forum under the Miscellaneous category. Check it out and the announcement there. If you've got something to sell, a service to offer, or a place to rent out, that's the place to post it.

- I've also moved the scams and shady business practices board to the Miscellaneous section category, and removed the Scams section category that it was in, since I felt it wasn't necessary for that board to have its own section category.

- On the home page, I have created three gold outlined boxes at the top to introduce this site. Check it out: http://www.happierabroad.com
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

- A new Humor/Comedy Relief board has been created in the Miscellaneous section. See the new jokes posted there.

- The posts in the Debunking Skeptical Arguments board and the Debunking Christian Arguments board, which have been deleted, have been moved to the Paranormal board and the Religion board, respectively.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have now installed a Similar Topics box at the bottom of each thread, so you can see other threads with similar discussion issues.

My interviews are now be archived on this page:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Interviews.htm

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BTW, as of today, this site's Alexa ranking is now at 395,288, the highest it's ever been! For the first time, we've broken into the 300,000 bracket!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you notice, this site now has a new "favicon" which is an image in the browser tab! Hope you like it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've finally installed a box on the home page with 10 of the latest topics in the forum showing. After trying out many mods and scripts that didn't work, I finally found one that did. I don't understand why the best and easiest ones are the hardest to find.

Check it out. There's a What's New Box and a Latest Topics in Forum box:

http://www.happierabroad.com

I also moved the mission statement to the introduction page. It now reads:

Mission Statement
To promote foreign travel and dating as a solution for lonely dateless males in North America and the UK, advocating the concept of Global Dating to elevate one's market value in international markets where supply and demand are in their favor. To share the benefits and advantages of Global Living. To inspire and guide those interested in dating, traveling or living abroad.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I created a new intro page to HappierAbroad by Ladislav, my cultural advisor, here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Ladislav.php

There is also a new photo collage at the top of the home page:

http://www.happierabroad.com

Hope you like it!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've decided to remove the Philippines Collages from this site. It was giving this movement a bad reputation as a sex tourist site, and perhaps damaging my personal reputation as well. So I removed the three Philippines collages and left a message on them pointing to the Russia/Europe Collage instead, which I believe is sufficient to back up the claims of my site and ebook and inspire others to go abroad.

See my message about it there: http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Collage2.htm

I will probably add one or two rows of Filipina pictures to the Russia/Europe Collage at the bottom, of nonbar girls, to give it some variety, but without the sex tourist stigma.

What do you think? Is this a wise move for our reputation?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I think you need a new spam filter. Might want to check with phpbb community to see wha thtey have to combat against spam scripts.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:I think you need a new spam filter. Might want to check with phpbb community to see wha thtey have to combat against spam scripts.
W: If I go there, they will ask me to upgrade to phpBB3 first, since they ended support for phpBB2. The humanizer question can stop all spam except for human spam. No autobot can answer the question there. I don't know how they are getting through it. Maybe it's the bashers at work.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Well why won't you upgrade then? There is a reason why they put out software updates periodically...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:Well why won't you upgrade then? There is a reason why they put out software updates periodically...
W: Because it takes time and effort. And all the mods I installed here will be lost, including the latest topics box on the home page. I'd hate to lose all that. I could reinstall them for phpBB3, but it will take effort and sometimes it doesn't work. Plus, this forum works fine and looks fine, so why change anything?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

On the home page:

- I've added a scrolling marquee of testimonials in the right sidebar. Check it out. Some of them are from this forum. Do you think it's an attractive feature or annoying?

- I've placed a great quote from Ladislav at the top of the home page.

- I've embedded a video review of Happier Abroad from Kairosan at the top of the home page too.

In the photo pages:

- I've added more hot Filipinas to the photo collage. http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Coll ... hilippines

- I've added a new group of approachable Filipina faces to the "Approachable Faces Gallery". http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page ... hableFaces

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some new additions to Happier Abroad:

Executive Summary
http://www.happierabroad.com/executivesummary.php

Secrets that the US media will never tell you
http://www.happierabroad.com/secrets.php

New expanded comparison chart of benefits abroad
http://www.happierabroad.com/comparison.htm

I'm working on a one page pamphlet, which will be a shortened version of the executive summary, for you to print out and hand to people to let them know what this site is about in brevity.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've just changed the photos in the header of the home page, as well as the slogan under the title. Check it out.

I've placed a short intro at the top above the main box sections. I figured some type of intro paragraph needs to at the top of the home page at least, to introduce it properly. Here it is. Let me know what you think.

"If the society in the US says that the problem is *you*, then try changing societies. You may be in for a big surprise." - Ladislav, The "Socrates of International Culture and Dating"

Greetings! Welcome to HappierAbroad.

If you are lonely, dateless, suffering psychologically in America or just don't fit in, then this site is for YOU!

I have a REAL solution for you that is FREE with no gimmicks, secret techniques or magic formulas to buy!

Back in 2002, I made some extraordinary discoveries overseas that fulfilled my life in the areas of love/dating, social life and psychological well-being that changed my life forever beyond words! Born again and mesmerized, I began sharing my findings with my compatriots back home. In doing so, I enraged some while inspiring others and changing lives for the better.

What shocked me the most was that literally NO ONE out there was sharing these truths I discovered through any public medium, organization, media, publication or web site! They were only related in private discussions between like-minded individuals (mostly expats and travelers) due to their taboo and politically incorrect nature.

However, deep in my heart I believed that these revelations were too important to remain censored simply due to political correctness and taboos. There were too many people suffering out there under the same affliction I was who could benefit from what I knew. So I took it upon myself to become the "messenger" and undertook a mission to bring my "Gospel" to them.

Several years later, I started this website, HappierAbroad, to finally make these discoveries public. No longer does one have to know certain people with the right knowledge and experiences to learn about them. Now one can simply log onto HappierAbroad.com and learn it all, seeing the mountain of hard evidence behind it, as well as connect with other like-minded people in the Discussion Forum.

And that's the beauty and significance of this site!

HappierAbroad is the 1st and ONLY expat/dating site promoting Global Dating, Social and Psychological fulfillment overseas, the REAL reasons many expats live abroad which are too politically incorrect to be publicized.

We offer real SOLUTIONS to the social dysfunction and dating inequities in America rather than denial and victim-blaming, revealing opportunities overseas not possible in America! I guarantee you will NOT find any site out there that reveals what we do on the same scope, depth and scale. We are unique and one-of-a-kind.

You may start by viewing the key sections in the yellow boxes above, then browsing the main sections below starting with the Executive Summary and Introduction pages, followed by my articles and Ebook pages. Thank you for your interest in the truth and solutions.